• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

OcUK Staff
Well after a payment balls up then a delivery balls up they finally arrived today... :)

img_0761sxagu.jpg

img_0772yyb1j.jpg

Hmm suspiciously looks like room for another :D:p

I had no idea the stock Galax 970's looked that good, do you think you could take more photos of them please?

Associate
That's very annoying as I was eyeing up the EVGA ones.

Current EVGA 670 does the same whine. Probably worth paying extra for these things even considering I will watercool them.

Does anyone know what the PCB is on the MSI gaming edition? Is it a fully custom one?

I went with the EVGA and maybe my hearings not as good as it used to be, but I don't hear any whine. As for fan noise, I don't believe them to be any louder than my MSI 660s Ti under load. Also, if I remember correctly Techpowerup quoted it as 39 decibels under load same as the MSI... but the MSI review said it was quiet!

MSI:
Once the card is in a fully stressed status (in-game) it reaches roughly 39 dBA. This is silent, especially for a card of this caliber.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_geforce_gtx_970_gaming_review,10.html

Associate
Associate
I know im been impatient but not ordered from Overclockers in a while (bad experience from the old days). What is the typical time frame from placing an order to getting acknowlegment order sent? Im use to buying from a competitor that has 4 stages which are usually all complete within 1 hour. Ordered bit over 2 hours ago & still got the status- "Printed in our warehouse". What are your experiences?

Permabanned
Right, uninstalled AMD drivers, reinstalled the new Nvidia one.

Loaded Metro: Last Light REDUX

(Im not sure if it's too demanding)

1080p, max textures, no SSAA (dunno what it is) but AF was on max.

Was getting about 150FPS sometimes 160, dropping to 143.

But if I have SSAA on x0.5 its over 230 FPS.

This card is insane :/

Temps were about 60c with fan at 30%

Permabanned
I know im been impatient but not ordered from Overclockers in a while (bad experience from the old days). What is the typical time frame from placing an order to getting acknowlegment order sent? Im use to buying from a competitor that has 4 stages which are usually all complete within 1 hour. Ordered bit over 2 hours ago & still got the status- "Printed in our warehouse". What are your experiences?

Printed in warehouse to dispatch could be anywhere between 20mins and 3 hours I've found.

I ordered a H80 earlier at 11:40. Printed in warehouse about 30mins later and dispatched about 1:30pm

Associate

Not immediate. You will be ok. It's gonna be very busy today!

Back
Top Bottom