• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
I swap my galax cards for msi, because i cannot found a lot of information about galax. nothing at eu webpage. only at japanese))
Can you give me few benchmarks which i can use to test my card?

Soldato
Caved in an ordered the MSI version (hope that I don't regret not going for the Gigabyte).

Still the MSI seems a stomping card for the money and my Son will appreciate the 670GTX it will be replacing.

Associate
I swap my galax cards for msi, because i cannot found a lot of information about galax. nothing at eu webpage. only at japanese))
Can you give me few benchmarks which i can use to test my card?

Here ya go.........

From what was “Galaxytech” and its European brand “KFA2”, we now bring you “GALAX”; a merger that can offer a single unified brand World wide, making it possible to offer our world wide customer base the exact same product portfolio, service and comsumer awareness.

Founded in 1994, GALAXY has built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded graphic card products on the market

http://www.galaxytech.com/__EN_GB__/

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit the bullet and ordered a couple of those MSI 970s, my poor old credit card :(

Fed up of jumping from one single gpu to another and just want something that'll set me up for at least the next 12-18 months like the 670s have for some people :)

Associate
Here ya go.........

From what was “Galaxytech” and its European brand “KFA2”, we now bring you “GALAX”; a merger that can offer a single unified brand World wide, making it possible to offer our world wide customer base the exact same product portfolio, service and comsumer awareness.

Founded in 1994, GALAXY has built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded graphic card products on the market

I found this, but i cannot any information about 970 at this webpage, i found only here:
http://www.galax.net/JP/970exoc.html

Soldato
Here ya go.........

Because selling the same products worldwide with either a Galaxy sticker or a KFA2 sticker on them wasn't exact enough lol.

Associate
^ At first glance power delivery system (chokes, mosfets, vr module) looks inferior to Giga/Msi sku's.

9s.jpg

6s.jpg

Though very decent cooling stack

12s.jpg

14l.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
They're selling them (Galax GeForce GTX 970 Extreme Overclocked) here in Oz but i went for 2 x MSI 970 Gaming.

Will they come a with an SLI bridge, I haven't used SLI before? In fact i feel like im cheating on AMD as Ive been with them since when 'Crysis' first came out! :p

Soldato
They're selling them (Galax GeForce GTX 970 Extreme Overclocked) here in Oz but i went for 2 x MSI 970 Gaming.

Will they come a with an SLI bridge, I haven't used SLI before? In fact i feel like im cheating on AMD as Ive been with them since when 'Crysis' first came out! :p

No sli bridge unfortunately buddy. I went for two MSI as well :)

Associate
My MSI just came a few hours ago.

Loving the free mouse pad that came with it!

Dont know If it will replace my Corsair mouse pad but wont hurt to start testing the two :D

Back
Top Bottom