• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Guys is there much difference between the MSI and EVGA SC?

EVGA is £7 more than the MSI and is currently out of stock but from what I guess, has warranty with the card - not the person, good RMA service and you can water cool it without messing up the warranty?

MSI seems to be getting good clocks though, i've seen a few at 1400 boost?

Also OcUK only have the ACX1 not ACX2?

Go for the MSI over the EVGA, both warranties are good I would say MSI warranty is better. The MSI also have 6+8 power for what it's worth.

Associate
Just got my email to say my 2 MSI cards will be delivered between 5 and 6pm

I start work at 5pm so having them delivered next door which means I wild have to wait until about 2am to do anything with them :(

Soldato
You have to see the clocks the MSI cards are pulling off to see it's the card to get. I would say the Galax is in with a shout too. EVGA's offering really needed to be better and match what others are offering.

Soldato
Ok so I just read this report on the EVGA cooler, should I be concerned?

Nope, it's been posted a couple of times, basically it's the same cooler as the GTX760 ACX, and it has three heatpipes, two major one minor, the minor one isn't making contact with the 970 die, just like it never made contact with the 760 die.

Mountain - Molehill.

*EDIT*

Same as GTX760 SC see:

EVGA_Ge_Force_GTX_760_SC_ACX_20.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I already posted this in the GTX 9xx announcement thread but then realised this is the thread with most of the activity...

The Gigabyte 970 G1 still says "pre-order"... with an ETA of today. Are they actually in stock yet? Any chance of them being in stock later today?

I'm actually looking to buy a complete system build using the System Configurator ("pro gamer midi tower"), want to do SLI with two Gigabyte 970s. I'm hoping that when the Gigabyte 970 is in stock it will be added to the System Configurators.

(If not I'll choose two MSI 970s and then phone in to change the order.)

You have to see the clocks the MSI cards are pulling off to see it's the card to get. I would say the Galax is in with a shout too. EVGA's offering really needed to be better and match what others are offering.

Any reasons to get the MSI cards over the Gigabyte? I'm not looking to do any manual overclocking myself, so I like the fact that the Gigabyte comes with a slightly higher clock. And its black/white/blue better matches the rest of my colour scheme, heh.

Man of Honour
Just got my email to say my 2 MSI cards will be delivered between 5 and 6pm

I start work at 5pm so having them delivered next door which means I wild have to wait until about 2am to do anything with them :(

Getting my two MSI cards between 2 and 3 this afternoon.

The wife works from home so I should be ok to test then out after work.

The question is. Do I go straight home or go to the gym as normal?

Back
Top Bottom