• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
well it arrived and its in
2gt0mq8.jpg

led badge is bright
33bea79.jpg

Im upgrading from a 4gb770 windforce and this is slightly longer(into the HDD bays on a H440) and i was surprised to find its lighter than my 770.

Associate
Anyone go for an Asus Strix?

I specifically ordered one as I'd heard the construction on the previous 780s was good. Card turned up today (Thanks OCUK for quick shipping) and it turns out that it sags....typical.

Otherwise the card is a massive jump from the 670 I was on before.

I know its a small annoyance but is this something that can be grounds for a replacement? Or anyone have a quick fix to save that hassle?

Last edited:
Associate
I can only buy a 970 with a reference cooler as i have an Alienware X51 (been running a EVGA 670 Ftw for 18 months or so) and i need the in at the front and out at the rear style of venting or i end up with a CPU fan that sounds like a Jet fighter.....as the case temp goes mad.
I remember i once fitted an Ati 7850 with the Duel fan type cooler it was horrendous in my Case.
However the 670ftw is near silent and very happy.

I want EVGA as this cards been fantastic.

I have noticed EVGA have two 970 cards on there website with the old school style coolers on them and there only 9.5" in length . Any chance of you getting some in OCuk ? i want lol

Associate
Does the MSI version seem to be the way to go then? I see they're out of stock already and most of the people have gone for that one. Why not the Gigabyte one for 300?

Back
Top Bottom