• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Will be interesting to see what you get.

First result seems to be a pretty good :)

Opening up the taps :)

SLI GTX970 1289/2000

4930K @4.5GHz

Graphics Score 24899
Physics Score 16719
Combined Score 7634

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4214438?

For those who aren't following the Firestrike bench thread, this beats every 295X2 on the board and pretty much walks away from stock clocked ones. The are (currently) only six air cooled results higher than this and it's good enough for 14th place on the water cooled chart, and all results higher (and a lot below) are running higher CPU clocks.

Needless to say I am impressed with my purchase.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my MSI 970GTX yesterday :)

so far ASIC score 74.9

Just tried a quick OC

+170 on core and + 100 on mem
Boost clock was 1511 with no artifact what so ever :) (CPU is i7 920 @ 3.8GHz on PCI 2.0
V happy :)

Still can't get over how quiet it is compared to the 670GTX windforce . Installed it and kept hearing a whirring sound in the background - Turned out to be the fridge in the adjacent room which I could never heard over the windforce fans lol

Soldato
Can someone with an MSI 970 tell me if when they touch the back of the card, how hot is it?

I have 2 in my system and when i touch the back of the top one, it is red hot to touch, think it may be faulty.

Soldato
No the one with the blower style cooler.
Oh yeah, the Galax ones I had didn't scream quality.
Because the one underneath is cold to the touch, both cards are idle @ 28, it's just the board itself it red hot. :(

It's a bit of a pain, but you could try swapping the cards around and seeing if the same happens.

Though I wouldn't worry about a backplate or heatsink being hot, that means they're doing their job.

Soldato
Just downloading the drivers for my Palit GTX970.... I will just say that this card feels like a £60 card and has the cheapest ****ing plastic I've ever seen on any PC related..EVER!!

sorry to read this, i was suspicious of this card for the same reason, but it should run ok, it gets good reviews..........better than some :cool:

Man of Honour
Is it worth mining on these then? Profit to be made?

No real money to be made mining if you are starting now. Period.

5.6Mh/s is around 50p a day profit after electricity if you are very lucky and have the cheapest electricity in the world.

Work out how long it will take to mine back the cost of your card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom