• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
WOW THAT'S QUICK, that's one hundred sold in roughly 1/2 a day :eek::eek::eek:

anyone that sais pc gaming is dead is a bloody idiot

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the look of the MSi card, but my mate had 2 bad experiences with the 760 version where the fans kept ramping up until they self destructed... Put me off which is a shame.

Just bad luck mate.

I've had an MSI 460/580/670 and now the 970 gaming... all with the Twin Frozr cooling on them and they've all performed faultlessly. The 970 gaming is an excellent card (best yet in my opinion).

But plenty of other decent makes out there like Gigabyte, or Asus if you want :)

Caporegime
OP
You don't have to use the 4k setting, but yeah 25fps sounds about right for what a single 970 would achieve in BF4 at 4k. Remember to take AA off as well as you shouldn't need it that much when downsampling.

Associate
Any ideas when the water blocks will be available. Im new to water cooling this will be my first attempt.

Depends which card you have gone for. There are reports of 670 waterblocks fitting the 970 cards but only certain ones.

I can say for sure that if you get the Asus 970 Strix that the Asus 670 DCUII waterblocks fit perfectly! :D

Permabanned
Just downloading the drivers for my Palit GTX970.... I will just say that this card feels like a £60 card and has the cheapest ****ing plastic I've ever seen on any PC related..EVER!!

Back
Top Bottom