• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
My Asus STRIX turned up at 11.00, no Haribo's tho :rolleyes:, very impressed so far, just ran it through Valley, the fans didn't kick until it hit 67 degrees and then it was still virtually silent.
xm6CdY8.jpg.png

iQBXKnd.jpg.png

FbEZPwK.jpg.png

as3Ox78.jpg.png

iRFaC9X.jpg.png

z4DWe8J.jpg.png

MU9LzPW.jpg.png

*** Please place large images in spolier tags *** - Will Gill

Associate
As i cant really hear the MSI fans, I have GPUz open on a 2nd monitor when gaming to see if the fans are ramping up. I would say 80% of the time when gaming they are off.

The temps slowly creep up, fans turn on, temp drops, fans off. Repeat.

The temps drop fast and creep up slowly.

Associate
Anyone got issues with 'clicking' noises under load (on the MSI Gaming)? I wouldn't normally give two hoots as I'm usually wearing headphones, but there's an equivalent noise coming through those as well :-/

It's improved now I've moved the sound card (Creative labs Recon3d) further away, but I can still hear the clicking/electrical noise in the back ground..

Cheers,

Rich

Soldato
Looks like MSI are stopping the stupid sticker on their cards

We discussed this internally and the fan issue (fan2 @100%) is most likely caused by the sticker.
Many fans can withstand the removal of the sticker without any damage but a small amount of fans seem to get damaged.
Our production has already stopped using these stickers.

So we recommend all users that suffer from this issue to return the card to the point of purchase for warranty service.

Soldato
Asus Strix

it's only advertised as two slots deep, but it's more like 2.5, it's cooler is flipping miles bigger than the 7990, the heat pipes look twice the diameter :eek:....................now you know why it runs so cool !!!!

it looks very mean in Jet black, it goes really well with the black Megahalems cooler

its fans aren't moving but the case fans which are still set up for the 7990 :eek::eek: are damned noisy, but i wont adjust these until i play Sniper Elite, my guess is these will back off to about 50%

Last edited:
Associate
1: I believe you have to check the box for Rivatuner statistics server when you're installing AB

2: It's shown accurately, what GPU-Z says the core speed is doing is what it's boosting too.

3: regular OC 24/7, balls to the wall OC just when benching.

4: In afterburner settings, enable the custom fan curve by checking the box in the fan tab and set what you want (the default AB curve is 10% faster than stock).

I see, I didn't think I'd need Rivatuner. Thanks.
#3. What could be a good basis for regular OC 24/7, temps, voltage, TDP? (For ref, my max seems to be +210/+500 and gives max 1524/8000MHz. Every increase reaches max TDP w/ very negligible FPS changes.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom