• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
screw it, just pulled the trigger on a brace of MSI's:p

does that Asus Strix really have only one 8 pin connector?!

Might get a watercooling back plate at some point just for aesthetics, gonna miss my power editions they look SO frikkin cool

Soldato

Excellent post.

Bring on custom BIOS' and water cooling!

Might get a watercooling back plate at some point just for aesthetics, gonna miss my power editions they look SO frikkin cool

Yep ASUS has one 8 pin connector.

Soldato

Asus Strix only as one 8 pin, the other 8 pin on the PSU will be for SLI..........it looks great from the back, it doesn't need a backplate....it just looks cool and nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in fact, the PC looks way better with the side panel off, it looks great being able to stare inside, that GPU looks so good... i'll give the card a good thrashing this afternoon, overclock it as high as it'll go

Last edited:
Soldato
Just edited the stock MSI bios.

Used the newest version of GPUz to save the bios. Then KeplerBiosTweaker to open it up and adjust the maximum TDP from 110% (220) to 125% (250)

I'm not going to bother changing voltages or min clock speeds yet. Just want to see how far it can go with just a bump in the power limit

Soldato

Used the newest version of GPUz to save the bios. Then KeplerBiosTweaker to open it up and adjust the maximum TDP from 110% (220) to 125% (250)

I'm not going to bother changing voltages or min clock speeds yet. Just want to see how far it can go with just a bump in the power limit

when i try and save the BIOS file, i get a blue screen and my pc restarts :confused: ever had that? No OC on the cards atm either :confused:

Soldato

Out of interest does it tell you in the editor what wattage the % relates too in the TDP? Was planning to set mine to 200w but don't know what wattage 100% is to begin with.

Caporegime
OP

Judging by the table posted earlier, you should be able to get 1600mhz stable with 125% power, is that the max?

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom