• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Out of interest does it tell you in the editor what wattage the % relates too in the TDP? Was planning to set mine to 200w but don't know what wattage 100% is to begin with.

Yes

As before, MSI is 200 and 220.

200 is 100%

If I increase the 220 (110%) it will auto increase the % to 125% if that makes sense.

You can also change the default 200 if you wish but i've only edited the max

Soldato
Just edited the stock MSI bios.

Used the newest version of GPUz to save the bios. Then KeplerBiosTweaker to open it up and adjust the maximum TDP from 110% (220) to 125% (250)

I'm not going to bother changing voltages or min clock speeds yet. Just want to see how far it can go with just a bump in the power limit

Thanks, gonna have a play tonight!

Soldato
screenshot of mine. The top 3 boxes in the windows are the main ones

206lr0m.png

*** Please place large images in spolier tags *** - Will Gill

Right is stock MSI
Middle is what I have set it to
Left is what the % values are if I increase the default to 221 and the max to 250

Soldato
Thats exactly the right boxes. Used a gigabte bios to compare them too and the figures match.

Screenshot taken from a guy who compared the asus, gigabyte and MSI.

Ahh that's cool, odd that the boxes are in a diff order to the GTX780 though, lucky you posted that or it would have caught me out lol.

Soldato
I have an MSI 970 with an 8 pin connection does that mean I can increase the power from 110 to 125 thus increasing my overclcoking capabilities? I only have a CorsairHX 620W PSU will this be an issue?

Back
Top Bottom