• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Well I ran it at +300 on afterburner and it crashed.

I ran it at +250 and it artificed.

I ran it at +200 and it was fine. core clock ranging from 1400 to 1504 as it was still boosting.

All this was with power limit to 106 and vcore + 37mv.

Score t stock was 1353 + 200 was 1483. No memory overclock.

I'm pretty sure at +250 I'm voltage limited.

Temps were around 50 at +250.

Soldato
so is voltage control actually getting to the core?

I can get the cards to run past 1500mhz on their own but got artifacting in SLI in heaven.
wondering if bumping the core will do anything?

Associate

I can get the cards to run past 1500mhz on their own but got artifacting in SLI in heaven.

no idea, never liked this boost tbh stuff don't fully understand what is happening to be honest. Not that I ever overclock a GPU for everyday use anyway, I'll just buy another if I need more power :)

Permabanned

Extra voltage is no good if the card's don;t have the power budget to support it.

These cards will really fly once we can flash a custom BIOS to them with an unlocked TDP.

Associate
MSI 970

Before on stock volts:

1600/8210

Heaven Score 1647

After adding some volts there was not much of a boost and TPU only went too 111%!.

1631/8230

Heaven Score 1653

Soldato
that benchmark is exactly the same as mine ........ thank God
because it drops a hell of a lot when you set it to ``Extreme and 8X``

the GTX 970 has a better image quality in Sniper Elite 2 than the 7990, it has more contrast/richer colours, i'm really pleased with this card, it's brilliant :cool:

SLI ? yes i think so :cool:

Associate
So I got my card today, middle of the road clocker it seems from first glance. (Always the way!). -1541 max STABLE and 0 issues I saw in heavean (69% ASIC, pretty jealous of you guys and your easy 1600+!).

Anyway, new to Nvidia cards since my 260...

Set the Power limit to 110% and upped the core clock to +233. Ended up boosting in heaven to 1541 which is stable. I can get it a few MHz higher but it seems to rapidly fall off a cliff to where 1560 is articling heavy. (adding voltage does nothing at all for this card it seems).

Max temp I saw was 70c in my FT02 (if I'd left it running longer probably would have hit 71 maybe? but was more or less stable. The fan profile is VERY tame anyway and the fans on it are probably the quietest in my system at this point).

Very impressed with DSR and how little heat this card puts out. Probably a very small upgrade if best, but the quality of life improvement is more than well worth it.

Now I just got to avoid a second card and a Swift monitor.... (Insert picture of Gibbo after the wallet here..)

Soldato
if i increase the core clock and memory about + 60 for each, then it makes no difference in Heaven any more, but i guess that it'll make the GPU more unstable, so i've backed off the OC to what it was an hour ago

mine hates its voltage raised, so the card is now at its limit :cool:

Associate
So I got my card today, middle of the road clocker it seems from first glance. (Always the way!). -1541 max STABLE and 0 issues I saw in heavean (69% ASIC, pretty jealous of you guys and your easy 1600+!).

Which card did you end up getting?

Also have a FT02 ( heat pipe orientation etc etc) and your temps look good.

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

So, what are peoples opinions on the best pair of cards for SLI?

I've got a big case (Lian-Li V2000b) but the cooling is limited - one 120mm front intake and one 120mm rear exhaust in the main mobo compartment.

I was debating watercooling them, but it doesn't sound like it's worth it with these being good on air anyway.

Current layout (reveresed mobo as it's a Lian-Li):-
IMAG07821_zps07ad46fc.jpg

Soldato
Just want to say guys be careful with using Heaven as your benchmark for stability.
My cards don't artifact at 1.5ghz in heaven but did in crysis 3.

Had to clock em down a bit.

Associate
Just purchased a 970 graphics card to replace a 470 don't do gaming but will be using for 4k video editing will I see much improvment?
Also will 650 watt power supply be sufficient
Any info most grateful.

Back
Top Bottom