• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
It does if you want it to run in silence, I can't stand noise :p

the trouble with a pc on air is it'll always make a noise, especially if you have to fit roof fans, my Cooler Master Silenco was totally useless without all its mods, but still has problems because its internal volume is too low.

Associate
My Msi turned up. For a laugh I set 1580 on core. Works perfectly and temp hitting 61 degree. OMFG. What a card.

Lucky bugger lol.

Does the MSI card have +78 volts? Aparently my Asus card has a max of +38?

I need me some unlocked Bios. Fingers crossed in the coming weeks.

Associate
I am running heaven on 1600/2050 with no artifacts on stock volts.

Do you think I should leave it at this for gaming providing it is fully stable on the games I play or is there any reason to drop the Mhz slightly for card health reasons?

Caporegime
OP
Leave heaven looping for a while when you can or just play some games for a lengthy period. Certain games will work fine others will probably crash at those clocks. Diablo 3 seems to hate an overclock, can play for 2 hours and it will be fine, then go on the next day and get a driver reset within half an hour. Games like BF4, ARMA 3 and Planetside 2 don't crash at all.

To be honest Diablo 3 doesn't even need an overclock so I may just switch to stock clocks while playing that, could also be the fact of new drivers on a new card but I'd have to check if other people have had crashes on 9 series cards. Max bench stable and max game stable can sometimes be a fair distance apart.

Associate
I noticed that too, I was slightly higher for benching so I drop very slightly to the speeds above. I will keep an eye on temps then drop if needed.

People have said by adding more volts has not helped the OC's so i haven't bothered.

Associate
Leave heaven looping for a while when you can or just play some games for a lengthy period. Certain games will work fine others will probably crash at those clocks. Diablo 3 seems to hate an overclock, can play for 2 hours and it will be fine, then go on the next day and get a driver reset within half an hour. Games like BF4, ARMA 3 and Planetside 2 don't crash at all.

To be honest Diablo 3 doesn't even need an overclock so I may just switch to stock clocks while playing that, could also be the fact of new drivers on a new card but I'd have to check if other people have had crashes on 9 series cards. Max bench stable and max game stable can sometimes be a fair distance apart.

I normally use Arma and BF to test my CPU and GPU overclocks. Stress's them better.

Soldato
I noticed that too, I was slightly higher for benching so I drop very slightly to the speeds above. I will keep an eye on temps then drop if needed.

People have said by adding more volts has not helped the OC's so i haven't bothered.

i added 5 MA to a stable overclock and it crashed the card instantly, so it hates an increase in voltage.

Caporegime
OP
So you can hit 1580 then :p that's nothing to moan about if it's stable in gaming.

I think there's a few of us who want to push for more but even if we can't that's a lot of performance for the money, above a stock 980.

Associate
So you can hit 1580 then :p that's nothing to moan about if it's stable in gaming.

I think there's a few of us who want to push for more but even if we can't that's a lot of performance for the money, above a stock 980.

I suppose. Its just there seems to be a huge amount of headroom and I want access to it *Grump* :mad:

Soldato
Just installed my msi 970. Tried running heaven bench 4.0 just to test it out.

Using afterburner to monitor temps,the card is shooting away up to 90C + pretty much straight away. This is all at stock,not touched any sliders at all

Using GPU-Z to monitor temps,its going to 64C with the fan at around 45% .Surely the AB temps are reading wrong here

Any ideas folks

Rob

Back
Top Bottom