• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVidia PCSS Vs AMD CHS GTA V

The difference is NVidia probably went through the game with a fine tooth comb ironing out any such issues with PCSS, AMD are probably still lamenting even having to get involved in adding their technology to a game it's such an inconvenience to them. Lazy developer etc.

Are you kidding? AMD has had it spot on and had far less issues when the game come out even with dual cards.
From my opinion Nvidia was the worst option and didnt look like realistic shadows at all just a opaque blury dark shadow which was really soft and blury. Im on holiday right now and I can tell you shadows are not soft and blury in daylight. They are sharp even when moving such as blowing branches. Not say AMD was better but it looked better as in more in the right direction. Rockstars shadows were spot on for me just could do with making them shadows not look so deep and dark in daylight as closer to a lighter black than a deep dark one.

The first shot (nvidia) shows a darker, heavier image which is normally what CHS looks like. :D

I do also think that nvidia's look a little more realistic, too. Both look nice, imo.

PCSS = softer, natural, realistic.

CHS = striking, richer.

Last edited:
You can really see the difference in sharpeness in that 2nd picture. AMD is way too sharp there. Water scene looks better on AMD. Shadows in that scene look different anyway . Trees moving?

The difference is NVidia probably went through the game with a fine tooth comb ironing out any such issues with PCSS, AMD are probably still lamenting even having to get involved in adding their technology to a game it's such an inconvenience to them. Lazy developer etc.

Does your anti amd pish ever stop? :rolleyes:

I cant use either option as performance is too poor but I get the shadows popping/disappearing all the time and I think im set to soft or softest.

All I know for certain is rockstars variation is the best and from what ive seen in the GTA thread the most used because of its performance and look. Feel like this thread amongst a lot of stuff posted as of late is another jab at AMD especially now they are about to release something. Feel like a few ppl feel they need to pee on thier parade or something.

All I know for certain is rockstars variation is the best and from what ive seen in the GTA thread the most used because of its performance and look. Feel like this thread amongst a lot of stuff posted as of late is another jab at AMD especially now they are about to release something. Feel like a few ppl feel they need to pee on thier parade or something.

I also get the feeling you need to try and defend them on everything and only agree with people doing the same, some of which have vested interests in AMD. People are going to have their opinions whether you like it or not and constantly trying to defend AMD will just make them bait you even more. If you really have an issue with their posts, just report it.

I also agree the Rockstar softest option is the best.

I also get the feeling you need to try and defend them on everything and only agree with people doing the same, some of which have vested interests in AMD. People are going to have their opinions whether you like it or not and constantly trying to defend AMD will just make them bait you even more. If you really have an issue with their posts, just report it.

I also agree the Rockstar softest option is the best.

Agree. There's definitely a few who troll AMD, but at the same time there's a level of defensiveness among some AMD posters that's cringe inducing.

Maybe a bit off topic but the AMD version in the video seems much smoother. The Nvidia had noticeable stutter with camera movement.
That would be much more annoying than minor shadow glitches.

Back
Top Bottom