** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
I did expect to get another: Update Queue Position today? Guess nothing shipped in or out as yet, they did say we would be updated as stock is shipped and the queue is amended. I don't blame OC for any of this, just wish we had better communication on the situation.
I have pre-ordered the Lian-Li fans and ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3090, sad days :(

Associate
Statement by Nvidia:
NVIDIA Store Update, GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition
NVIDIA STAFF
Suroosh@NVIDIA 3d
We have heard your feedback regarding the NVIDIA online store and are working to improve the experience.

In the meantime, we will be selling our GeForce RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 Founders Edition through other partners. In the US, you can shop for Founders Edition at ******* - GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 . In Europe, we continue to review Founders Edition fulfillment options.

Founders Edition units are limited, and more will be available in the coming weeks alongside an increasing supply of boards from our global board partners.

This is so annoying, i finally got to afford this new card (3080) along with building a new pc but nvidia is sleeping :/ should i give up and look for another video card? I want to build a new pc from the scratch my budget is around 2500 pounds, im hyper for it but nvidia be like "nope" :((

Associate
I would say you got it right, but maybe we both are wrong. Nah! :D

In the past 3rd party cards have more often than not, outperformed founders edition cards with cooling solutions. This time around it seems to be a lot closer.
I can't speak for the 20 series cards, but the 1080 founders edition had quite poor cooling and it's not too hard to get one to thermal throttle, on 3rd party cards it wasn't a problem at all, mine's never thermal throttled with mild overclocking. This time round FE cards seem to be outperforming some 3rd party cards, but all round it seems fairly close.

Associate
This is so annoying, i finally got to afford this new card (3080) along with building a new pc but nvidia is sleeping :/ should i give up and look for another video card? I want to build a new pc from the scratch my budget is around 2500 pounds, im hyper for it but nvidia be like "nope" :((

It's a shame because on that budget you could include a 3080 no problem and any other option is going to be a lesser option. Having said that the 3070 is looking pretty decent but will probably be just has hard to get your hands on. It's all about what you want, I understand your dilemma though, that would leave me with a sour taste in my mouth when the next card up is within the price range...
If you really can't wait to get gaming or whatever, personally I'd buy the system you want but with a crappy graphics card just to keep you going for a few months until the 3080's available, then buy the 3080 and sell the crappy graphics card. You'd loose a bit of money but you could still do what you want to do in the mean time at least...

Associate

Unless you're an NVIDIA die-hard with a distinct fear of missing out there is no reason not to wait and see what the Radeon card is going to offer.

History would lead us to believe that it won't compete, but then what happened with the Ryzen CPU finally being viable will happen at some point with their GPUs vs NVIDIA. It could be this generation, leaks would have you believe so but we won't know for sure until reviewers can speak on it.

Soldato
Maybe OCUK will let you jump the queue if your spending that amount on a full system.

Back
Top Bottom