• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA to Unveil GeForce GTX TITAN P at Gamescom

Soldato
As others have said, unless AMD blow farts instead of delivering with Vega, I can see Nvidia shifting the 1080 price down once the bigger cards hit, making more room for the 1080Ti and new Titan.

Indeed, i really want AMD to pull their finger out and deliver something competitive to get the prices down.

Associate
Now this makes me think do I want to wait for this or go 1080 SLI that I was originally going for. Expect about same price as well

bru

bru

Soldato
we are to blame with this prices hike , if no one buy 1080 then we will get a lot cheaper Ti and Titan P

While your right, that if we didn't buy them the prices would come down. I do think the AIB's should shoulder a lot of the blame for the prices.

NVidia set the price for the 1080 founders card $100 above the non founders and $70 above for the 1070, the AIB's have just ignored this and priced the custom variants above the founders cards, knowing full well that they will sell all they can make , such is the demand for these new cards.

Associate
All the people saying it will not feature HBM2 memory lol. Because GDDR5X is enough lol. I said this before, they demonstrated Pascal with HBM memory so it was obviously planned to have HBM on Pascal and makes sense to have it on the flagship cards which are targeted at higher res. But no i got shot down.

Anyway looks like it will be a BEAST! :D

I wouldn't count the chickens yet. The article says " the card is expected to be based on GP100 silicon and could likely come in 2 variants - 16GB and 12GB".

Basically a pure guess by the author.

My money is still on gddr5x, 384bit for the Titan gaming card.

Soldato
Look pal, you have done this several times now and I actually don't normally care but there is people out there who will and they are more than happy with their Titans, Titan Xs and you calling them mugs is not only disrespectful but wrong!

Nope, sorry bud. I stand by it. I think you would be crazy to buy a Titan knowing that a 1080Ti is 99% likely shortly after, at a fraction of the price and the same performance. Not to mention you are shelling our £1000+ for a reference blower lol.

Associate
Nope, sorry bud. I stand by it. I think you would be crazy to buy a Titan knowing that a 1080Ti is 99% likely shortly after, at a fraction of the price and the same performance. Not to mention you are shelling our £1000+ for a reference blower lol.

That wasn't his point and I have to say I agree with Gregster. Nothing gives you the right to judge others, call them names etc. Nothing.

Everyone is allowed to do whatever they want with their cash even throw it out the window if that's what they desire. It's a simple case of minding your own business basically. You don't like the price, don't buy, it's as simple as that.

Associate
thats is ridiculous, who will spend 1k on a gpu? what about the poor enthusiast like me, do i have to remortgage my house, sell my car? damn, i wanted a 1080ti bad but this has broken my hopes

Soldato
That wasn't his point and I have to say I agree with Gregster. Nothing gives you the right to judge others, call them names etc. Nothing.

Everyone is allowed to do whatever they want with their cash even throw it out the window if that's what they desire. It's a simple case of minding your own business basically. You don't like the price, don't buy, it's as simple as that.

Minding my own business? Is this not a Discussion Forum? Where people create threads to DISCUSS said topic? lol?

I didn't call anyone names. I said (generally speaking) that the Titan was a mugs card. Hardly a direct attack on anyone is it? Sure people are entitled to thrown their money out the window or use it as loo roll if they want. Doesn't mean I won't call them out for being silly. Same way if someone asks for help, I will try my best. Welcome to the worlds of forums. Full of opinions.

Man of Honour
OP
Can't belive anyone would be excited about the Titan after the last one.... Ti came out not long after for the same performance at a fraction of the price. The 1080Ti is where it's at. ** edited.. stop baiting ***

Actually 4 TitanXs is about as good as it going to get, they are a lot faster than a pair of 1080s and most likely faster than a pair of 1080 Ti's when they show up.

I was lucky enough to buy mine on launch day and they have been giving great service gaming ever since.

Man of Honour
OP

I will always pay the extra money for the Titan when it comes to gaming as the extra memory on the card gives it a very long service life and therefore value for money.

Caporegime

How would you like it if I said "Those who buy anything like a 390X is poor"? That would be insulting and wrong, so maybe think before you type and will save you getting people's backs up. Think what you like by all means but refrain from typing stupid things on an enthusiasts forum please.

Man of Honour
OP
Minding my own business? Is this not a Discussion Forum? Where people create threads to DISCUSS said topic? lol?

I didn't call anyone names. I said (generally speaking) that the Titan was a mugs card. Hardly a direct attack on anyone is it? Sure people are entitled to thrown their money out the window or use it as loo roll if they want. Doesn't mean I won't call them out for being silly. Same way if someone asks for help, I will try my best. Welcome to the worlds of forums. Full of opinions.

So you are calling me a mug then as I have got 8 Titans in total.

Back
Top Bottom