Oasis Tickets

I don't understand how ticket touts are still an unsolved problem, it's almost like it's all deliberately manufactured

Course it is - Why would the ticket sites do anything to stop it? They get paid for the initial buy (service charge etc) and then paid again for the re-sale charge etc - paid twice.

Artist give it lip service about touts etc -but in reality - they don't give a toss either... They are getting paid whatever happens and it all builds the hype more.

Course it is - Why would the ticket sites do anything to stop it? They get paid for the initial buy (service charge etc) and then paid again for the re-sale charge etc - paid twice.

Artist give it lip service about touts etc -but in reality - they don't give a toss either... They are getting paid whatever happens and it all builds the hype more.
It really wouldn't surprise me if the sites were selling to themselves to be sold again at a much higher price.

Labour are talking about bringing in a max 10% markup for resold tickets which would be great but I can't see it being a priority for them at the moment.

Last edited:
I couldn't even get in the queue. Ticketmaster kept crashing. I'm not going to bother with scum like StubHub.

It looks like it's a queue per venue per date, which sucks :(

It could easily be sorted by limiting ticket resales to face-value + transaction fee (for resale site); that would stop touts in their tracks by removing all profit. But there's no real interesting in resale sites doing that given some of them work on percentages of sale for their fee.

Last edited:

It could easily be sorted by limiting ticket resales to face-value + transaction fee (for resale site); that would stop touts in their tracks by removing all profit. But there's no really interesting in resale sites doing that given some of them work on percentages of sale for their fee.
It is. I'd opened each venue I could goto in a tab for each site (5 x wembley 2 x cardiff). So 28 tabs open across 3 monitors - Wife also on her laptop.

Poor people trying to do this on phones.

It could easily be sorted by limiting ticket resales to face-value + transaction fee (for resale site); that would stop touts in their tracks by removing all profit. But there's no real interesting in resale sites doing that given some of them work on percentages of sale for their fee.

Not really as someone else would just start a new business without those rules.

It could easily be sorted by limiting ticket resales to face-value + transaction fee (for resale site); that would stop touts in their tracks by removing all profit. But there's no really interesting in resale sites doing that given some of them work on percentages of sale for their fee.

Only way it stops is if the government stepped in like they did with Premier League football tickets etc...

They won't do anything however, Ticketmaster have such a monopoly and wouldn't change unless put under serious pressure from government.

My mate got to the front of the queue, selected tickets and then they hit him with the 'suspended session' error. Probably going to happen to me too in 5 mins.

Ok so we got in but I messed it up.

Had tickets in basket, but not great…

Released and gambled several times. Hoping for better.

It then kicked us out for reserving too many.

Back to waiting with 100k in the queue. Oh dear.

I’m in the doghouse…!

Oops!!!

Back
Top Bottom