OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Okay to save me getting lost.

The way to burn fat and not burn into muscle would be to not be on a low calorie diet but a calorie diet that's high but full of healthy nutritious food?

Caporegime
SK07 said:
Okay to save me getting lost.

The way to burn fat and not burn into muscle would be to not be on a low calorie diet but a calorie diet that's high but full of healthy nutritious food?

no.

a calorie deficit is needed, but not a drastic one.

drastic deficit = retain fat
deficit = burn fat
excess = gain muscle
drastic excess = gain muscle and fat

you need to be on a diet that is healthy and low calorie.

Permabanned
Morba said:
no.

a calorie deficit is needed, but not a drastic one.

drastic deficit = retain fat
deficit = burn fat
excess = gain muscle
drastic excess = gain muscle and fat

you need to be on a diet that is healthy and low calorie.

What is some of the foods that could be rec for this diet? and what quantities. Also an example day would be great :).

Soldato
Morba said:
being on a really low calorie diet will put the body into storage mode basically. it will look to store fat and find something else to burn off (ie muscle).

Agreed. However, SK07 has been on his "normal" diet for so long, that this has now become his normal maintenence calorific intake. He is not under or over eating. His weight is stable. Hence, his body is not in starvation/storage mode. Once he starts doing heavy exercise, he will probably start eating slightly more to compensate.

I have done something in the past that proves your theory correct, but I was training to be a professional cyclist so the amount of exercise that I was doing was way over what SK07 is ever likely to be doing.

Morba said:
also, eating more (in terms of a good lean bulk) will naturally lower the body fat, as you put lean muscle on, the percentage of your body that is fat will become lower.

Muscle will increase. Body fat will remain the same. Body fat, as a percentage, will decrease. Correct. However, my feeling is that SK07 really wants to lose body fat; he doesnt want to hold it and increase muscle mass. He is being vague about this, but I think the gist of his aim is not to look like a bodybuilder/powerlifter, but just to look leaner, so clothing will look better on him, for example.

SK07, I'm presuming you want to look like this (thin, lean, very low bodyfat):
http://gratounette.canalblog.com/brad_pitt_fight_club_tro_sex.jpg

as opposed to this (bigger, more muscular, more fat):
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040801/spectrum/bradpitt.jpg

Permabanned
sunama said:

Spot on.

bush_thumbs_up.jpg

Put it this way being thin, lean and having a very low body fat allows you to become bigger and more muscular without the worry of body fat really. So yes you know what im on about.

(P.S. I ain't talking about george bush that pic was just a thumbs up thats all :D )

Permabanned
sunama said:
Muscle will increase. Body fat will remain the same. Body fat, as a percentage, will decrease. Correct. However, my feeling is that SK07 really wants to lose body fat; he doesnt want to hold it and increase muscle mass. He is being vague about this, but I think the gist of his aim is not to look like a bodybuilder/powerlifter, but just to look leaner, so clothing will look better on him, for example.

Hang on though, the more muscle you carry the more calories you burn at rest, Morba is correct that if you pack on lean mass you will slim easier. Imagine what jay cutler or ronnie coleman would lose eating nothing for only 24hrs! i bet itd be significant.

Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
Hang on though, the more muscle you carry the more calories you burn at rest, Morba is correct that if you pack on lean mass you will slim easier. Imagine what jay cutler or ronnie coleman would lose eating nothing for only 24hrs! i bet itd be significant.

Hmmm so how do the worlds strongest get the way they are, very strong and they do have muscles alough it doesn't really show as it does with coleman and cutler. They have a lot of extra fat but coleman and cutler don't, completely different diet or something?

Caporegime
SK07 said:
Hmmm so how do the worlds strongest get the way they are, very strong and they do have muscles alough it doesn't really show as it does with coleman and cutler. They have a lot of extra fat but coleman and cutler don't, completely different diet or something?

its a different lifting regime and eating regime.
remember, strongmen have no need to look good to be good, infact it can be better to carry additional bodyfat. bodybuilders need to be ripped (at comp) to have a chance of winning.

training for strength is different to training for hypertrophy.

also, when you see competition bodybuilders, they are very dehydrated

Piotr-Gtuchowski-Mariusz-Pudzianowski.jpg

On the left is a bodybuilder, on the right is mariusz who generally wins every strongman tournament he enters.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Along with morbas response ^^^

SK07 said:

They both eat 10,000 or so calories per day (in essence) but cutler and coleman will burn 1000 in their morning cardio, 2000 at the gym in the morning, 2000 in the afternoon. 3000 sitting around and 2000 building muscle.

Strongmen will eat 10,000 calories and use 500 in the gym lifting chevrolet's over their heads and use 5,000 building muscle and fat.

Of course those arent real numbers, but as you ~(should have from the posts) have figured by now, strong men train low reps very heavy. Its nothing for a top strongman to do 3 sets of 1 or 2 deadlifts. Doesnt gain massive muscles just gets better linkage between his CNS (Central Nervous System) and his muscles. If you can bench 100k at you size, tyheres evidence to suggest that given full muscular control you could bench up to 300kg right now! (speculative).

Simple fact is m8, you seem to be looking on here for an answer no one can give. At least not any more than they already have. No one is gonna spoon feed you the resolve, determination, dedication and focus that you will need to get where you want. Every day i see average joes doing average joe things, eating crap, drinking all afternoon, not having to do cardio. Simple fact is, as any trainer here will tell you, to do this you've gotta be 1000 times the character of any of those people just to even be 10% better than them, fact!

Caporegime
Ultra_Extreme said:
Simple fact is m8, you seem to be looking on here for an answer no one can give. At least not any more than they already have.

looks like he has been very specific for once (thanks to sunama's links to brad pitt pics), now all we need is a pic of SK07 to be able to compare and advise :]

Permabanned
^I know what your saying but im at a stand still on where to go. Sun knows what im talking about. But I get the weight side fine, as soon as diet and nutrition comes into play it's a whole new ball game, im really finding it hard to get my head around it, even finding it harder to figure out what to do what im supposed to eat in a day etc.

Permabanned
Morba said:
looks like he has been very specific for once (thanks to sunama's links to brad pitt pics), now all we need is a pic of SK07 to be able to compare and advise :]

fair point, i get the idea that all he needs to do is cut while training on a bulking weights regieme, but this seems hard to get across

Permabanned
SK07 said:
^I know what your saying but im at a stand still on where to go. Sun knows what im talking about. But I get the weight side fine, as soon as diet and nutrition comes into play it's a whole new ball game, im really finding it hard to get my head around it, even finding it harder to figure out what to do what im supposed to eat in a day etc.

why? Plan your diet, check calories at a site like Calorie King Make sure they are right for you (not too little not too much) and go for it!

I'm afraid it sounds to me like you want someone to say do A then B then C and youll be brad pitt crossed with jay cutler in 3 months. Thats not how any of this works.

Permabanned
Nah all I want is an example day thats for me since I really don't have a clue, you guys are sort of like my "guides".

I understand what I have to do but I don't know what food, what calorie intake amount.

I have to sign up to all that I'll do it later.

Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
fair point, i get the idea that all he needs to do is cut while training on a bulking weights regieme, but this seems hard to get across

How do I cut while training on a bulking weights regieme? what is the calorie per day average? how many meals? eat this? eat that? :S.

I'll get a pic up later.

Soldato
Morba said:
Piotr-Gtuchowski-Mariusz-Pudzianowski.jpg

On the left is a bodybuilder, on the right is mariusz who generally wins every strongman tournament he enters.

Awww, hey thats cheating, Mariuz is an exception when it comes to how a strong man competitor looks. Most of them have a higher bodyfat and look like:

group%20raw.jpg

SK07: Keep it simple. Dont overcomplicate matters. If you want to lose bodyfat:
then exercise/use more calories than you eat/consume;
make sure you eat clean;
make sure you do HIIT trainings sessions;
make sure you do weight training and it will all come right for you.

If you continue doing the above in a sustained manner, you will almost certainly lower your bodyfat.

As you become more experienced at playing around with the composition of your body, you will learn the more advanced techniques to getting ripped, etc. The people on this board are forgetting that you are not at an advanced level and are they recommending stuff that is almost certainly going right over your head. Now, if you were at the level of say ChongWarrior, then it would be a different story.

Good luck man.

Permabanned
^Hmmm okay well thanks for that.

So basically how would you rec a gym session? After my weights maybe do 30 mins HIIT on the crosstrainer? By HIIT im assuming you mean the high intence programs. There is programs there that have HIIT for example 16 stages in 30 minutes where it will start of lower then increase speed and resistance over time then finally come back down 5 mins to the end of the workout.

Do this after my weights session? just trying to get things right thats all. Diet is another thing which I know doubt will be left confused with. I understand burn more calories than you intake in a day but if im maintaining eating whatever in a day I need to make sure that this will not go over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom