OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
mega m8 you are mental, much as i appreciate the rocky style raw egg necking (i used to do it myself to put off buying protein powders), you cant beat a good whey shake. My PWO shake consists of an even spread of 75g protein (accepted as just about the most protein you could absorb in one sitting) in only 130kcal. Even spread of

40% whey (20% isolate 10% Concentrate),

30% Casein straight from the (skim)milk

20% isolated BCAA

10% L-Glutamine

Plus some creatine ee to aid recovery and about 20g Maltodextrin for an insulin spike (not included in cals above).

That little blend includes EVERY amino-acid (both essential and non-essential) and is all but fat free, its crazily anabolic and perfect for sorting you out PWO

Also it tastes like a pint of chocolate nesquick :) (because i use a blended chocolate whey protein as the bulk of it from Optimum Nutrition)

Thatll beat an egg white any day.

Soldato
megatron said:

If I get up in the night and am hungry, Ill neck a raw egg. Also I do this after a lifting session if Im walking home (10min walk).

From what I know, the protein found in the white of an egg has a lower biological value than whey protein. Whey protein really is the best source of protein, considering availability, biological value, price, etc. Raw egg is a poor 2nd best. Also consider that a protein shake can easily contain about 20-30grms of protein. A single raw egg has about 6g. To someone not in the know, it may look impressive seeing someone eat raw egg, but it isnt very effective, when compared to a whey protein shake.

When shedding bodyfat, the amount of protein you consume could well hit over 200g. You will need to eat about 30 eggs to achieve this. If you eat the yolk, you will also be adding fat. Unless you have a love for eggs, I wouldnt bother with them. Whey protein shakes 'for the win' :)

megatron said:
I saw this program called "babyfaced bodybuilders" and this 17 year old said that his cutting diet was "fish & ricecake", 2hours later, "fish", 2hours later "fish & ricecake" ad nauseum.

Id like to know more about these suppliments that they are talking about on myprotein.co.uk, Ive only ever bought about 2 tubs of protein powder. I wasnt all that impressed tbh.

I wouldnt mind getting a half decent PWO shake though with some maldex and dextrose or W.E., cause as I said its a raw egg atm.

I also saw that program. That guy was very young, but was in fantastic shape. No way he couldve achieved that physique eating raw eggs. :p

Caporegime
sunama said:
Ultimately, its all about the sort of physique/performance that YOU want. Not everyone wants the same. EG. I wouldnt want to look like the fat/strong-man type, but I'm sure there are loads out there who work very hard to achieve that look/peformance-level.

what on earth are you talking about? strongmen do not want to look like anything, how they look is a very small part of their training. their look and size is a byproduct of the routine needed to be where they are. yes there are 1 or 2 that buck the trend (mariusz for example) but generally they all need to be big.

if you are talking about bodybuilders, then those who strive to be the best will generally not be that fat, even off season. the fat they put on is easily lost again.

Soldato
Morba said:
what on earth are you talking about? strongmen do not want to look like anything, ...

If you read the part of my post you have quoted, you see the "sort of physique/performance" part. Bodybuilders aim for the look. Strongmen, like you have stated, aim for the performance.

Permabanned
Morba said:
if you are talking about bodybuilders, then those who strive to be the best will generally not be that fat, even off season. the fat they put on is easily lost again.

How do they easily lose fat? one I need to know.

Okay I'll keep the weights in and I'll do cardio. i currently do up to 20 minutes usually of cardio. Is there a set time you rec me to do? I find it boring as hell but I have to do what has to be done :( .

Personally I don't have a clue about the whole diet. I eat bran flakes for breakfast and a smoothie consisting of a lot of fruit such as plums, banana, kiwi, apple and a spoon of peanut butter and some honey squeezed in, a pint of that theres my five a day :D . Alough I tend to eat more fruit as others say you should eat every 2-3 hours so for those snacks I eat usually 2 pieces of fruit. For lunch usually a sanwich with a couple of slices of ham and some salad on it on wholemeal bread. For dinner varies but the vegetables are in now even though I hate them. So usually veg with some sort of meat usually steak or chicken and usually a baked potato. Then I'll usually at night have 2 slices of toast (wholemeal) with some jam.

Caporegime
SK07 said:

they eat, sleep, train, live, ****, bodybuilding.
they do cardio daily (multiple times)
they eat perfectly (in terms of dropping fat while retaining muscle)
they know what works for them and the do it

just the same as a boxer (ricky hatton is a good example here). puts on fat off season, then cuts down hard.
its new fat to them, not 5+ years of eating rubbish

your diet - you have been told already, you do not eat enough. the amount of calories you eat almost forces your body to retain fat.

as for cardio, unless you are doing HIIT, aim for 40-50 minutes.

Last edited:
Soldato
SK07 said:

Okay I'll keep the weights in and I'll do cardio. i currently do up to 20 minutes usually of cardio. Is there a set time you rec me to do? I find it boring as hell but I have to do what has to be done :( .

Personally I don't have a clue about the whole diet. I eat bran flakes for breakfast and a smoothie consisting of a lot of fruit such as plums, banana, kiwi, apple and a spoon of peanut butter and some honey squeezed in, a pint of that theres my five a day :D . Alough I tend to eat more fruit as others say you should eat every 2-3 hours so for those snacks I eat usually 2 pieces of fruit. For lunch usually a sanwich with a couple of slices of ham and some salad on it on wholemeal bread. For dinner varies but the vegetables are in now even though I hate them. So usually veg with some sort of meat usually steak or chicken and usually a baked potato. Then I'll usually at night have 2 slices of toast (wholemeal) with some jam.

Damn, I eat more than that when I'm shedding body fat. No joke.

Are you sure this is all you eat or are these the edited highlights? Be honest.

On the subject of cardio: you need to look up HIIT. Hopefully someone can enlighten you on it, on this forum. A HIIT workout can typically last around 30mins. The other way to go about it would be the long, low intensity sessions, which typically last for around 40-60mins, also work nicely. Ultimately it depends which you prefer. Keep in mind though, like I've stipulated in almost all of my posts, you have to experiment and see what works for you. For example, on your normal diet (listed in the quote), I would lose weight rapidly. Clearly our lifestyles/bodies work differently, which is quite normal.

Permabanned
sunama said:
Damn, I eat more than that when I'm shedding body fat. No joke.

Are you sure this is all you eat or are these the edited highlights? Be honest.

On the subject of cardio: you need to look up HIIT. Hopefully someone can enlighten you on it, on this forum. A HIIT workout can typically last around 30mins. The other way to go about it would be the long, low intensity sessions, which typically last for around 40-60mins, also work nicely. Ultimately it depends which you prefer. Keep in mind though, like I've stipulated in almost all of my posts, you have to experiment and see what works for you. For example, on your normal diet (listed in the quote), I would lose weight rapidly. Clearly our lifestyles/bodies work differently, which is quite normal.

But then if I do my weight program and that. Pretty much means im in the gym for like 2 hours 30 mins or something.

I don't feel like eating more really, but I don't know what else im supposed to eat. I've eaten like this for 2 years and maintained the same weight so yes your right it's just keeping me the same. Years before that I used to eat all the rubbish going yes that was stupid.

Caporegime
SK07 said:
But then if I do my weight program and that. Pretty much means im in the gym for like 2 hours 30 mins or something.

I don't feel like eating more really, but I don't know what else im supposed to eat. I've eaten like this for 2 years and maintained the same weight so yes your right it's just keeping me the same. Years before that I used to eat all the rubbish going yes that was stupid.

again, why be in the gym that long. do the cardio separately.
if you dont feel like eating more now, you will really struggle when you decide to put on some mass.

Permabanned
Morba said:
again, why be in the gym that long. do the cardio separately.
if you dont feel like eating more now, you will really struggle when you decide to put on some mass.

I could seperate it but I can only manage 4 times a week at the gym and thats 4 weight sessions, unless I put them into 2 & 2? or would that not work? then have cardio the other 2 days.

I'll eat more then if it's going to work.

Soldato
Dude, if you want to add weight, then eat more.

If you want to shed body fat, you either eat the same and do lots of exercise OR eat less and do lots of exercise.

I was under the impression that you wanted to shed bodyfat or is this no longer the case?

Soldato
invisible-bench-press.jpg

Soldato
SK07 said:
What makes you think it isn't the case?

Because you are talking (in the post below) about trying to eat more than you are used to eating. This is usually done when bulking up and forcing your weight upwards.

SK07 said:
I could seperate it but I can only manage 4 times a week at the gym and thats 4 weight sessions, unless I put them into 2 & 2? or would that not work? then have cardio the other 2 days.

Caporegime
sunama said:
Dude, if you want to add weight, then eat more.

If you want to shed body fat, you either eat the same and do lots of exercise OR eat less and do lots of exercise.

I was under the impression that you wanted to shed bodyfat or is this no longer the case?

he needs to eat more to lower bf% imo.

Caporegime
SK07 said:

why only 4 times? are you restricted by time? you dont need to goto the gym to do cardio.

Soldato
Morba said:
he needs to eat more to lower bf% imo.

Can you give an brief explanation on your theory here? I do have an idea but it may or may not be the same as what you are thinking. In the past I have done this, but my case is different.

Caporegime
being on a really low calorie diet will put the body into storage mode basically. it will look to store fat and find something else to burn off (ie muscle).

also, eating more (in terms of a good lean bulk) will naturally lower the body fat, as you put lean muscle on, the percentage of your body that is fat will become lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom