OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bringing this thread a back on topic:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8MA4TFH

Been changing my technique, and apparently I cant wear anything that could split whilst doing squats; so this is raw.

Used to bang out 15 reps of 140kg but now Im getting to grips with 120kg and what feels like ass-to-the-floor but is in fact parallel. I wasnt really composed doing that lift cause I was rushing cause of the camera which only takes 30sec. This same session I lifted my first atlas stone (you see them in the background). Once I got the technique down, I did 80kg stone np.

That was last week. Tonight I did a m-m-m-monster lift of 4 x 180kg deadlift.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bloody hell, Wouldnt wanna fight you :p

look jolly scary too, Why do you all have the Phil mitchell/grant look about you? :D

Not all people on this forum have that look. Many people want to look fit, lean and slim. Others want to be as big/strong as possible. Most will fall in between. It seems that Morba is going for the "strong man/power lifter" look. He's even got the shaven head!!! :)

Soldato
i dont like it :( im sorry, i dont mean to be personal nothing like that at all, just seems to look TOO big and unatural...wardie's look is great.

Believe it or not, I think that Morba is more "natural" than Wardie. If Morba didnt work out at all, he wouldnt look too dissimilar to what you see in his picture. He is naturally a big specimen. Most of us couldnt become so big, even if we ate as much as we could, all the time and worked out regularly. On the other hand, an endomorph, which Morba most definitely is, will struggle to look slim/thin/lean, no matter how much aerobic exercise he does. Its just how it is. Some people are built like Brad Pitt (naturally lean and thin and struggle to pile on the pounds), while some are built like the Mitchell brothers (naturally heavy, big and bulky, who struggle to lose weight). Most of us fall in between the 2 extremes.

Obviously the shaved head, is of his own doing. :D

I could be wrong, but Morba should be able to clear this up for us.

Associate
Morba - love it, you sir, are an animal.

Took some pics tonight, first time in a while, here they are along side a set taken 13 months ago (/cringe). I think I've added a little bodyfat, but ho hum eh? ;) Sorry for crappy pics and dodgy editing.

Clicky

Last edited:
Caporegime
i dont like it :( im sorry, i dont mean to be personal nothing like that at all, just seems to look TOO big and unatural...wardie's look is great.

no need to be sorry :]
i appreciate that people like different things :D

to be fair, im taking advantage of a pose, they arent up like that all the time :]

How often do you work out Morba? Gym and at home? How long you been doing it?

Very impressive traps.

I am in the gym doing weights 3 - 4 times a week at the mo, been at it for nearing 2 years now!

Meathead! :D

:D:D

Bloody hell, Wouldnt wanna fight you :p

look jolly scary too, Why do you all have the Phil mitchell/grant look about you? :D

Just one of those things, im not normally scary just dont like cameras haha :D

Not all people on this forum have that look. Many people want to look fit, lean and slim. Others want to be as big/strong as possible. Most will fall in between. It seems that Morba is going for the "strong man/power lifter" look. He's even got the shaven head!!! :)

while i will get bigger, the aim is to lose bf% overall, so i will be big but reasonably lean.
If there is a strongman that has a physique i would like (other than the obvious mariusz!), it would probably be darren sadler or maybe kevin nee or RIP murunde.
general strongman physique is too big (fat) for my liking.

shockingly, i seem to get big by not lifting huge weights. training right > * :D

thanks for the comments people :]

Caporegime
Believe it or not, I think that Morba is more "natural" than Wardie. If Morba didnt work out at all, he wouldnt look too dissimilar to what you see in his picture. He is naturally a big specimen. Most of us couldnt become so big, even if we ate as much as we could, all the time and worked out regularly. On the other hand, an endomorph, which Morba most definitely is, will struggle to look slim/thin/lean, no matter how much aerobic exercise he does. Its just how it is. Some people are built like Brad Pitt (naturally lean and thin and struggle to pile on the pounds), while some are built like the Mitchell brothers (naturally heavy, big and bulky, who struggle to lose weight). Most of us fall in between the 2 extremes.

Obviously the shaved head, is of his own doing. :D

I could be wrong, but Morba should be able to clear this up for us.

completely correct except for one thing... partially!
the shaved head is the result of nature taking its course and me not wanting a birds nest on my head haha :D
struggle to look lean is one way of putting it haha

Permabanned
Morba....I have to say tho, your a fantastic example of a strong man :D i used to weigh a terrible 26 stone / with a bit of muscle :D but im down to 16 stone 12lbs now...with being 6ft 6 its not bad now...but would really like to tone up the abdomen area...i do rowing for 30 mins per day and 50 sit ups...i know some say their useless, having a physical job too its what im limited too :( so any suggestions would be very much appreciated :)

Soldato
Visible abs are I think 99% down to bodyfat. Bodyfat is 99% down to diet. You have to sort your diet out and reduce your bodyfat levels if you want to " tone " your abdomen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom