OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Theres one at my gym who's apparantly been training 20yrs, bores everyone silly with his "knowledge" on nutrition, training and supplements, the regular members avoid him like the plague. Quite funny to see him preaching to the new members. Crazy thing is, he looks like michelin man but believes he's awesome! You should see him pulling his stomach in and posing :D

MTA99 said:
Is it you?! :confused:

Soldato
I wouldn't take it any other way ;)

I'm sure every gym in the country has at least one of those characters i've described, pain in the backside!

Guy at my old gym used to recommend I drink a pint of guinness a day for the iron.

I do drink guinness (not a pint a day though), but that's because it tastes nice ;)

Actually, the guy would make a good writer for T-nation :D

LMAO!

Soldato
Thanks for the comments. I agree, my diet is definitely not up to scratch, my work schedule varies and seems to keep messing it up. I eat quite a lot, but not stretched across the full day(meal every 3 hours). The only supplement I take is a whey, 20 mins after every workout.

Though I'm a bit confooosed at the 2 pics... are you trying to show 1 weeks progress lol?

lol no, I wanted to show 2 pictures. I took just one last week(as I didn't intend on posting it), and then tried to take a couple of higher quality ones this week. Those 2 were the best of a few pics I took, so I thought I'd show them.

Is there any tips for measuring progress?

I was also reading an article on bodybuilding.com, which said(iirc) that a barbell works the pecs more in terms of building mass. Where as dumbells should be used for definition?

Soldato
Is there any tips for measuring progress?
Mirror, an honest friend, photo's, measuring tape, scales are just a few.
I was also reading an article on bodybuilding.com, which said(iirc) that a barbell works the pecs more in terms of building mass. Where as dumbells should be used for definition?
Utter tosh. Both BB and DB can be used for whatever you please. Not quite sure what they mean by 'used for definition'? Stupid term imho.

Permabanned
Shifty
Whey 20 mins after workout...wtf, get it down literally on your last rep!! im not joking, 20 mins of muscle breakdown!? score!

The article on DB vs BB was probably just generalising the idea that you can load up a bar and push (usually) more reps of more weight out. In many schools of thought this "increased overall work" when applied correctly should lead to better gains overall. HOWEVER do not come under the illusion that the article is any way correct. The idea that DB's help definition? wtf, go define definition, about the only thing that aids 'definition' is weight loss, the uncovering of muscle you've already built! The only difference with DB's is that you can even up arms as they cannot help each other and often you put more stress on the synergistic (assisting) muscles.

Both should be mixxed in fairly equal amounts. Theres a lot more to BBing than choosing the 'best' exercises. Try lots of things, the motto ive started to use is "You'll never have a big bench press if you can't squat" - the details of which are complex but the truth, undeniable.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Taken so I can see the results of HST over the coming months

FrontRelaxed.jpg

Man of Honour
Wardie - looking good (thank god this is about gym stuff else it could be quite embarrassing! ;)). Actually you've got the shape that would look pretty good bulked up I reckon - I reckon if you were to put on another stone you'd be looking pretty sorted :) How much do you weigh now and what's your BF at the moment?

Capodecina
Permabanned
Thanks guys.

Wasn't sure on my weight, 63.5KG according to the scales. Bearing in mind I did have left over chinese for breakfast (naughty). I know I should have weighed myself first thing but I hadn't for a while since someone asked I was curious.

Going for a HST session in 15 mins :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom