OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OK read this thread from start to fininsh yesterday and what a thread!!

So here's my shambolic pictures - I've no idea how to pose here and apologies for the mess in the background. I know i'm pretty poor my most standards set on here but it's inspiration to be better :)

Torso3.jpg

Torso2.jpg

Torso1.jpg

I'm currently injured (ruptured cruciate ligament - football injury :( ) so these pictures are taken having not really trained for 4 weeks following my knee operation. Had a go at some curling and some shrugs felt go to lift some weight again lol!

Previous to this I've trained for 7 months I wouldn't say massively, I joined my local gym and thought I'd take it from there. The first few months I just used the machines as I thought it would be good to get a bit of strength and a bit of confidence. It's a fairly old school type gym and frankly found it a little intimadating and it's a bit emabarrasing taking print outs of excercises from exrx down to the free weights room but I thought I'd take that rather than risking injruing myself. Anyway subscribed to Mens Health and Mens Fitness and tried to pick out some routines from there as a start.

My starting weight was about 13st and before my injury I weighed in at 14st 11ish. Currently i'm down to about 14st 5 as the muscle wastage on my leg following the knee op has quite frnakly been staggering and it's going to be a while before it'll be back to normal.

My main issue has always been discipline - i.e ability to train certain areas on certain days as I hate the regimented element, but post injury i'm really going to give it some,stick to a plan like in Gordy's thread (another excellent read) and see where I get and hopefully have something halfwayt decent come July Time.

I'm 6ft 3 and would love to get to about 15st with a good body fat %'age.

I've got a couple of questions. Obviously being tall makes me fairly long limbed, my arms look fairly good curled but straight not so good. Is there any varying technique that's better for us long limbers? Or just go as normal?

Also how to I improve muscle mass around the collarbone area, my chest is more developed lower down and obviosuly I want to avoid moobs and square things up a bit.

If anyone else needs more info from me to help just shout.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I didnt want to start a new thread so I spose I could post on this here thread.

Well after around 20 months of my life change, I've finally hit the 100lbs lost mark.

I'm currenlty hitting 184lbs and I started at 285lbs. I've a few before's but there all pretty bad, so here's just the one for the moment.

I've been doing a protein based diet now for around a month, and now training hard with weights.

100ai.jpg

It's by no means the end of the journey, it's just the start. But I feel I should thank everyone on this and other forums for the helps and knowledge and kind words over the last year and a half, cheers guys.

Hello mate, where has the picture gone of your weight loss? I wanted to show my mate as a kind of incentive! ;)

Associate
Doc gave me the all clear the other week! I've had three sessions without falling asleep after, so all is good again :D

Quick back comparison...before/now.

lshyh3g4a76nlf4tz5uu.png

Going to follow the simple 4 day split styles posted a while back for a few months and see how that goes, certainly had a good leg work out the other night!

Soldato
Im not a bodybuilder but here we go anyway. Try not to laugh :)

Im 24 and just 10st 3lbs

Don't go to the gym but run 3x a week and do a spartan workout at home in my bedroom

168dc746.jpg

ac650b40.jpg

e3c86947.jpg

Help/advice/comments all welcome good or bad

Associate
Help/advice/comments all welcome good or bad

Hi :) You've got a pretty lean frame, body fat wise, certainly a good foundation to build on! However, you lack lean mass, I recommend a bulking diet, and a basic 4 day split to begin with.

I'm presuming your overall goals are bigger/leaner/better aesthetics rather than fitness - you say you run 3 times a week though, is this professionally? Adding mass may impact your times, especially if its long distance.

I was in a similar position to yourself, around 18 months ago, running long distance 3x a week - 10km/half-marathon. You've also got a much better frame to begin with than I had! Below is a couple of pictures of myself at the time. I weighed 10.5 stone @ 5'11"

I then gradually swapped long distance cardio for heavy (relative to my strength!) lifting, and steadily increased the calories week by week.

Here is where I am today, ~ 12.5st:

My lifts have probably doubled, or more, but I can no longer run a half marathon ;) I'm probably going to cut/maintain now, as I dislike the fat around my lower back.

Best of luck, btw, styles posted a decent 4 day split a while ago, basic, but effective - perhaps he can re-post it for you.

Stu.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eat :D

EDIT: This is if you are intending to go to the gym and build that is!

No intention of going to the gym mate, i feel im perfect size for running and was a good size for when i used to do muay thai :)

Cant put on weight even if i wanted to :(

sunama - Do a google/youtube for spartan workouts there are lots about

Associate
No intention of going to the gym mate, i feel im perfect size for running and was a good size for when i used to do muay thai :)

Well, thats rendered my post useless! /sulks off in to the background

:D

PS. What are your goals?

Soldato

sunama - Do a google/youtube for spartan workouts there are lots about

Then without knowing what you want to achieve I'm afraid no one can really help you. This is the "body building" thread so most people here are looking for advice on how to develop muscle.

Soldato
didnt you read, he wants to be a SPARTAN!

PS @ The_One, the guys in that movie were HUGE, at least in comparison to you now, you WILL NOT get anywhere close without the gym and proper diet.

Spartan workout is nothing to do with the film 300 and getting huge :o its about core stability which is something that greatly helps running hence why im doing it :)

Permabanned
Spartan workout is nothing to do with the film 300 and getting huge :o its about core stability which is something that greatly helps running hence why im doing it :)

Was it around before the film? If your into running then your in the wrong thread dude, the bodybuilder attitude to running is like "err why waste all those calories and end up skinny" lol I remember hearing that arnie wouldnt even run to catch a bus because it would hurt his gains. Basically most people in this thread wont appreciate your goals.

Soldato
I was in a similar position to yourself, around 18 months ago, running long distance 3x a week - 10km/half-marathon. You've also got a much better frame to begin with than I had! Below is a couple of pictures of myself at the time. I weighed 10.5 stone @ 5'11"

Here is where I am today, ~ 12.5st:

My lifts have probably doubled, or more, but I can no longer run a half marathon ;) I'm probably going to cut/maintain now, as I dislike the fat around my lower back.

Best of luck, btw, styles posted a decent 4 day split a while ago, basic, but effective - perhaps he can re-post it for you.

Stu.

Good work Stu, you've done well. I'd advise cleaning up your diet a bit and dropping your bodyfat % and you will really see your gains. Keep up the good work :)

I'll try and find the routine later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom