OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Cutting progress: (first pic 3 weeks ago)

cuttingprogressvt8.jpg

Taken Yesterday:

dsc00236zh9.jpg

dsc00227jv1.jpg

Been training around 4yrs but the first year was at home with limited weights.

Soldato
lol no.

My formula: Pre breakfast cardio a few times a week, low fat diet, cutting carbs in the evenings and mattress olympics. I've been dieting steadily around 3 months now.

Low fat diet? :(

I find when carbs are lowered it's good to higher the fats.

You reckon you've lost much muscle with that strategy?

Looking good, strong chest.

Associate
OP
Low fat diet? :(

I find when carbs are lowered it's good to higher the fats.

You reckon you've lost much muscle with that strategy?

Looking good, strong chest.

I'm aware that the current trend with bodybuilders is for a higher fat diet, but i feel, as with most things, the benefits get exaggerated. btw, i'm on a low fat diet not a no fat diet :)

IMO, when on a cut the obvious macro to cut down on is fat as it contains over twice as many calories as protein or carbs plus the fact that fat is a pretty inneficient energy source.

Of course fats are important in the diet for good health and i do eat nuts, seeds, oily fish etc everyday and have done for years :)

As for muscle loss, well i'm not hitting any PB's or even matching my PB's on the major lifts so i guess i have lost a little size but i believe its as minimal as possible (being a natty). I'm not down to super low BF% anyway, and thats where i believe you are in the real danger zone for heavy catobolism.

Its been a good learning experience though and i would definitely use this diet strategy again.

Thanks to those who gave me positive comments :)

Associate
OP
I was with you until you said this :(

Oh well :)

I'd just like to point out though, my workouts are mostly done in the daytime or very early evening when my carb intake has been plentyfull. Its only later on in the evenings where my carbs are limited. I'm going to continue doing this even when bulking in future.

Well the cut is over now and its almost time to kick back with a well earned 4 week holiday in the sunshine :D (the reason i went on a cut). The hotel has a great gym though so you can guess where i'll be visiting every day ;)

Soldato
I'll probably cut towards the end of March maybe, I suppose I could start by just including cardio and see where that gets me.

That's what i'm going to do. I hit 14st (nekkid :D) today so come the 18th march (day after my birthday ;)) i'm gonna add a couple of cardio sessions a week then slowly cut the cals.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Yeah. If you go all out you will get rapid weight loss but it's likely to slow down very quickly. If you take it in stages and don't drop a massive number of calories straight away, while slowing adding more cardio you'll get continual fat loss.

I can't cut when i'm not even 66KG, it just feels wrong inside. To be fair i'm not really flabby or anything but I might lean up a little for the summer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom