OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
half of that would be about 90kg, I'm sure you could do the same with the right technique.

maybe, but i was doing some hang cleans with 70kg the other day (im new to all this power stuff malarkey) and the mere thought of getting it above my head freaked me out. I geuss its all mental until you work up to it. And thinking about it i can military press 70kg. Wierd how your brain can be so pessimistic!

Soldato
Definitely ultra, the first time I did hang cleans I was with my friend drake, he was hangcleaning 255 with ease, I could barely deadlift that at the time :D

It's amazing how fast you progress on power exers though :)

Permabanned
Definitely ultra, the first time I did hang cleans I was with my friend drake, he was hangcleaning 255 with ease, I could barely deadlift that at the time :D

It's amazing how fast you progress on power exers though :)

heheh drake, thats a cool name, why is everyone in england 'baz' or 'john' how lame.

Yeah i suppose progression will come swift i mean my SLDL's and deadlift both exceed 300lbs for reps (150 and 175kgs respectivley) so i know theres p[ower in my back and legs, its just doing it without killing myself, got this paranoia of not locking my arms during a press and clocking myself on the head with the weight of a small motorbike that scares me.

Soldato
Yeah thats always a major concern, spotters are pretty much useless when you have 300lbs swinging around in the air at that height, best really just to drop it on the floor in front or behind you.

I once got told off for doing explosive shrugs (the ones where you pull up and just drop the weight), I felt a bit of a tool tbh making so much noise :D

Permabanned
Yeah thats always a major concern, spotters are pretty much useless when you have 300lbs swinging around in the air at that height, best really just to drop it on the floor in front or behind you.

I once got told off for doing explosive shrugs (the ones where you pull up and just drop the weight), I felt a bit of a tool tbh making so much noise :D

ya ever tried those overhead shrugs? been supplementing those in for DB shrugs lateley (y'know hold a bar above your head, wide grip) your shoulders almost touch your ears! Its awesome. I can imagine a seperset clean+press to 10 shrugs and repeat, killer workout!

Capodecina
Permabanned
13thMarch08.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you could offer some novice advice in the general area of diet and training? Wasn't sure whether to post here or create a new thread, here seemed better place as any.

I'd say currently i'm healthy, I go to the gym and I play squash, although with work and home commitments no-where near the amount i'd like.

Some weeks I gym twice, others it may be once, same goes for squash, generally I'd be looking at 1-4 gym/squash seconds a week, it completely varies on what I have in my diary.

Although I say I go to the gym, realistically I don't have a workout plan or know what I'm doing, I just tend to sporadically do cardio then weights machines, a few sit ups and stretches etc, I definitely need help in knowing what to actually do.

My goal is to lose a little bit more weight, and define my profile more I guess, better abs, slightly larger arms, and general overall increased strength/fitness

Though of course i'm open for suggestions, how do you think I should improve?

Here are pictures of my current physique etc (excuse if they are crap.. I have no idea how to pose)

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What makes it difficult to get down the gym? Work commitments? I have a pretty busy schedule but manage 4 times a week to the gym. It's all depends how badly you want to achieve your goals.

Associate
What makes it difficult to get down the gym? Work commitments? I have a pretty busy schedule but manage 4 times a week to the gym. It's all depends how badly you want to achieve your goals.

Yeah, I completely understand that; If i'm honest, recently it's actually been the weather, I sold my car and its now about a mile and a half walk to the gym, which isn't bad under normal circumstances, but in ****** weather even with best intentions, I never end up going. I work 10-6 at the moment and generally don't go to bed until late, so early mornings aren't really possible.

I see my daughter 2/3 times a week, generally that takes one evening a week and all day saturday. saturday evening/all sunday, and mon/wed/thurs/fri are generally free.

Have just started seeing a girl, so that's generally another 2 evenings a week gone, sometimes more.

With dedication though, theres no reason I can't make 3/4 a week

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
What you need to do is set days and times when you train. By doing this you can make sure you set the time aside. I get up at 6am and get home at 7pm, then head straight to the gym for 7.30pm, twice a week. Then I do both days on the weekend as I have the most time then. Once you've allocated enough time you can start to form a solid routine and it will all fall into place.

Associate
What you need to do is set days and times when you train. By doing this you can make sure you set the time aside. I get up at 6am and get home at 7pm, then head straight to the gym for 7.30pm, twice a week. Then I do both days on the weekend as I have the most time then. Once you've allocated enough time you can start to form a solid routine and it will all fall into place.

Good point, I can easily do both Saturday afternoon / Sunday Morning, and one evening per week, say wednesday.

Is that realistically enough? (i'll be playing squash once a week too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom