OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I hear what you're saying guys, just concerned that an all out bulk will see me put on too much weight to get lean in time. Already got a bit of a podge :p.

So categorically, were you me, would you guys ditch the cardio entirely for a couple of months?

PS glad you liked the ironic tribute to the Sly.

Last edited:
Associate
Alright lads, Am 16, 17 in 2 months, and I am looking to get some muscle on me:)

Can this stuff be done at home? Since all I have is dumbells and barbell, but I would like to get a bench.
I have seen great improvements in the chest and abs and also legs area, but not to the bicep.

I am about 6", and quite skinny, 63kg, and my arms are way too small! I tried and tried working them out with dumbells, but I never saw any improvement.:confused:

I thought it might of been because I am still growing quite a bit, so maybe I should start when im 18-19?
Also, what is a main diet and workout, anything is much appreciated!
Thanks

Soldato
Alright lads, Am 16, 17 in 2 months, and I am looking to get some muscle on me:)

Can this stuff be done at home? Since all I have is dumbells and barbell, but I would like to get a bench.
I have seen great improvements in the chest and abs and also legs area, but not to the bicep.

I am about 6", and quite skinny, 63kg, and my arms are way too small! I tried and tried working them out with dumbells, but I never saw any improvement.:confused:

I thought it might of been because I am still growing quite a bit, so maybe I should start when im 18-19?
Also, what is a main diet and workout, anything is much appreciated!
Thanks

Read Bodybuilding.com, or even GordyR's thread. Read about bulking etc. Doesn't have much to do with your age as I've seen/heard about plenty of younger guys bulking up.

As said above^ Don't focus all your efforts on the biceps.

Associate
I thought long and hard before posting my pics because of the crap I'm gonna get when they get found, but to those people (and they know who they are), KISS IT!

Anyhow, on to business. I'm looking for help mainly, the pics below are roughly 8 months apart, and I've been gymming pretty consistantly 3 times a week. To be honest though when relaxed there isn't a lot of difference between before and now!

From the beginning I'd done absolutely no strenuous exercise my whole life, spending the majority of my day in front of a PC from dusk till dawn. I was weak!

I've been working from a generic 3 day split with help from Gordys sticky, posted up to date below. I started at 66kg and am now 76kg.

Every workout day (until recently): 10minute run to the gym :)

Day 1 - Tris, shoulders and chest
Incline dumbell press - 3 x 8 @ 24kg
Tricep cable extentions - 3 x 8
Military press - 3 x 8 @ 32.5kg /or/ seated dumbell press 3 x 8 @ 18kg
Bench press - 2 x 8 @ 55kg followed immediately by close grip beanch press 2 x 8 @ 50kg*.

Day 2 - Bis and back
Barbell curls - 3 x 8 @ 32.5kg
Deadlifts - 3 x 8 @ 60kg*
Wide grip chinups - 1 x 8 @ bodyweight followed immediately by Close grip chin ups 2 x 8 @ bodyweight
Dumbell rows - 3 x 8 @ 22kg
Dumbell curls - 3 x 8 @ 18kg

Day 3 - Legs and abs
Standing calf raises - 3 x 10 @ 120kg (machine)
Squats - 1 x 8 @ 60kg, 2 x 8 @ 80kg*
Lunges - 3 x 8 @ 50kg*
Weighted leg raises - 3 x 14 @ 5kg
Crunches - sets of 20 until dead

*(Assuming a naked racking barbell weighs 20kg, never been too sure on that one)

My diet isn't as strict as I'm sure you say it should be, but I don't have the time or resource to plan and prepare 6 set meals a day. Its not perfect but I don't snack on rubbish and generally try to eat clean and healthy.

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix with milk, 30g whey & 100g oats in a shake with milk
Lunch: Sandwich/Baguette (normally chicken or ploughmans)
Afternoon/pre workout: Handful of variety of nuts :)
Post workout: 50g whey with orange juice.
Dinner: healthy & homemade. sometimes an oven pizza or takeaway :D
(Just recently) Late eve: 30g protein & 70g oats in a shake with milk

I'd been planning to keep going until April and then cut through the summer.

My weight recently hasn't moved much but I am making progress with the lifting, slowly moving up regardless. I've recently added an evening shake because I'd guess I'm probably not eating enough.

So pros, any feedback and advice would be greatly appreciated. Need more info, please ask :D

Soldato
Get some MRP or something, you need to eat more :). Something odd's going on with some of your lifts, you should be able to military press as much as, if not more than 2x what you can shoulder press and you should also be able to deadlift as much as you squat, again if not more.

Associate
Read Bodybuilding.com, or even GordyR's thread. Read about bulking etc. Doesn't have much to do with your age as I've seen/heard about plenty of younger guys bulking up.

As said above^ Don't focus all your efforts on the biceps.

I'm not focusing mainly on the bicep, I generally noticed an improvement in all other muscles except the bicep...and these are really small, its annoying me...

Associate
Get some MRP or something, you need to eat more :). Something odd's going on with some of your lifts, you should be able to military press as much as, if not more than 2x what you can shoulder press and you should also be able to deadlift as much as you squat, again if not more.

MRP?

I know about the deadlifts, my forearms and grip aren't very good and give up before my back and legs do, foolishly I only started deadlifting every week recently so am building into it.

My dumbell shoulder press is seated and I find this slightly easier than standing barbell military, especially trying to keep good form and not arch my back.

Permabanned
MRP?

I know about the deadlifts, my forearms and grip aren't very good and give up before my back and legs do, foolishly I only started deadlifting every week recently so am building into it.

My dumbell shoulder press is seated and I find this slightly easier than standing barbell military, especially trying to keep good form and not arch my back.

Alternate your grip, and invest in some straps. Aside from that, MAN UP it is beyond doubt that many of your numbers are where they are simply because you find it comfortable......no one EVER got big being comfortable.

Why is your calf raise about right when everything else is so outta whack? Cos its a short range of motion? I mean by 10 reps you've barely got a burn goin, let alone the agonizing, vomit inducing crippling hellfire that signals healthy calf growth. Sound all comfortable to me.

Arch your back when standing? Thats impressive not seen anyone ever do that, try sitting down with the bar if its such a big deal.

Ive heard every excuse anyones ever come up with for not lifting weight, its not a case of the validity of the excuses its the fact that you make them in the first place.

Do what needs to be done, you've got some good potential there,

Permabanned
I'm not focusing mainly on the bicep, I generally noticed an improvement in all other muscles except the bicep...and these are really small, its annoying me...

in 1 year of training ive gained 1 inch on the bicep

1 inch

1 inch

its just a bicep. Try focusing on your thighs, put 3 inches on there and you'll look up at your bicep and go 'omg'

Associate
Alternate your grip, and invest in some straps. Aside from that, MAN UP it is beyond doubt that many of your numbers are where they are simply because you find it comfortable......no one EVER got big being comfortable.

Why is your calf raise about right when everything else is so outta whack? Cos its a short range of motion? I mean by 10 reps you've barely got a burn goin, let alone the agonizing, vomit inducing crippling hellfire that signals healthy calf growth. Sound all comfortable to me.

Arch your back when standing? Thats impressive not seen anyone ever do that, try sitting down with the bar if its such a big deal.

Ive heard every excuse anyones ever come up with for not lifting weight, its not a case of the validity of the excuses its the fact that you make them in the first place.

Do what needs to be done, you've got some good potential there,

So the message I'm getting is to lift heavier? I'm trying but I normally burn out halfway through the last set when I go for more, not because I'm wussing out, I understand no pain no gain, but because I just physically can't complete it!

When I say arch I mean because my shoulders start giving up so it just happens in a desperate attempt to complete the set!

Permabanned
So the message I'm getting is to lift heavier? I'm trying but I normally burn out halfway through the last set when I go for more, not because I'm wussing out, I understand no pain no gain, but because I just physically can't complete it!

When I say arch I mean because my shoulders start giving up so it just happens in a desperate attempt to complete the set!

chances are then your diet is poor, bet you dont eat ANYWHERE NEAR enough calories.

Permabanned
remember, muscle burns fat, if you get big FIRST you will drop the small amount you're carrying in no time. Fat however hinders muscle development and promotes fat storage.

Basically get as big as poss without getting horrendously fat and you'll trim down in double time

X2. I wouldn't worry to much about gaining fat on a bulk, sure it's inevitable but if you eat clean and follow a good diet with a good training regime you will gain minimal fat, wanna make it even better? add cardio to your weight lifting sessions, do 20 mins on a cross trainer say once or twice a week just to keep the fitness up and help the fat stay away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom