OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I think I'll post a pic of me in a few months if i manage to gain some weight. I look like a stick insect compared to you lot :eek: .

How do you find out your body fat %age?. I bet mine will be very low as i have never been able to put fat on, not that id want to.

Caporegime
Ste99 said:
calfag2.jpg

Been able to do seated calf raises on the smith machine this week, 10 reps at 135kg was my best. Standing calf raises around 180-200kg now. :)

that has to be one of the most pointless pics in this thread tbh :p

get standing up and flex it properly :D

Associate
my scale is 10% higher than the gym one lol.
you get some electric sticker things stuck to your arm foot and chest, they enter your height and weight details ..it sends a current round your body and boom you got your body fat %

Caporegime
Mark A said:
I think I'll post a pic of me in a few months if i manage to gain some weight. I look like a stick insect compared to you lot :eek: .

How do you find out your body fat %age?. I bet mine will be very low as i have never been able to put fat on, not that id want to.

2 easiest ways:

- goto a gym / docs and ask for a bodyfat check, they will do it with calipers.
- find one of those weight and bodyfat machines like they have in boots

the first one will be a lot more reliable.

Associate
The most accurate method is to get a professional to measure your bodyfat using calipers, but this isn't a convenient option. There are scales and little hand held things that can estimate your body fat percentage as well.

Permabanned
Linoge said:
Just curious, how did you measure that?

Up to 60 percent of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70 percent water, and the lungs are nearly 90 percent water and about 83 percent of our blood is water.

So add them all together, multiply by body weight in hundred weights, carry the two and get the square route, 2%.

Man of Honour
Ste99 said:
The most accurate method is to get a professional to measure your bodyfat using calipers, but this isn't a convenient option. There are scales and little hand held things that can estimate your body fat percentage as well.

Just to be pedantic, it isn't, there are more accurate measures but they are even more difficult to access. I'd always thought the Hydrostatic method was most accurate (although not available to most) but apparantly something called Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorbtiometry is even more accurate - Wikipedia article.

Baker said:
Up to 60 percent of the human body is water, the brain is composed of 70 percent water, and the lungs are nearly 90 percent water and about 83 percent of our blood is water.

So add them all together, multiply by body weight in hundred weights, carry the two and get the square route, 2%.

I reckon you must be taking the Michael but if not there is absolutely no chance you would be that low, some pro-bodybuilders can get down to ~3-4% for the day of a competition but it leaves them weak and is done to emphasise the definition - at that sort of level you can see the striations in your cheeks. :)

Last edited:
Capodecina
Permabanned
tomanders91 said:
hi guys, just wondering, i know how you build up upper body strenghth with weights and press ups/chin ups and stuff, But what are the best ways for your back and legs?

Deadlifts
Stiff-legged deadlift
Squats

Wide arm chin ups are a really good lat (back) building exercise :]

Man of Honour
Efaws said:
Is that before or after you ate 6,000 calories of morrisons salad bar pasta in one sitting?

:D

That was Bakez I think. :)

Baker - legs exercise-wise, Chong Warrior has unsurprisingly given good advice since he obviously knows a hell of a lot for bodyweight exercise. If you can get near a seated or standing leg press that is probably also good for you. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom