OcUK & Cutters Rolling Road Day 19 @ Powerstation (Tewksbury) - Saturday April 25th 2015!!

Manifold gaskets should be here tomorrow and some new plugs here, so should still be fine to run provided I can get them changed before the meet.

It's stopped playing silly buggers at 7k rpm for now, so it may have been in my head or perhaps some dodgy fuel, who knows.

It's going to be pretty loud. :D

Yeah that was fun.... not!

Eurospec took the wee a little bit with getting the cars on the rollers, but at least they did 3 solid runs.

Gibbo, is the running order the order you have them on page 1 or is this something yet to come?

Thanks.

Looking forward to this! My first internet meet up!
1286533048_smile-guy.gif

Jokes aside, will be good to put some faces to usernames. Despite my relatively short membership to OcUK, it seems like a great community :)

Gibbo, is there a running order to this or first come first served? I may need to dash off a little early!

My clutch is slipping noticeably at 3 to 4 thousand RPM. Will I still be OK to run or will it completely screw the results?

Not bothered about blowing up the clutch but if there's no point running then i'll pull out.

EDIT: I guess I should just call power-station and ask!

My clutch is slipping noticeably at 3 to 4 thousand RPM..will it completely screw the results?

Yup! The dyno run is done at WOT all the way through 4th (usually) gear, so any clutch weaknesses will show up like a sore thumb unfortunately as it won't be able to transmit full power/torque.

Last edited:
Does the M135i not have a running in period? Wouldn't want to damage the car for the sake of a quick dyno run.

What route are people taking btw? Howard/Robbie/anyone else coming along the M4, fancy meeting around Swindon and convoying the last bit? Should be there around 7.30/8.

I have no idea on route, that sort of stuff is last minute with me, smash it into Waze and off I go :D

But yes, a meet-up convoy sounds great, just let me know at what service station or whatever to meet!

My car's arrived at the dealership! Woooo!

It's going to have about ~300 miles on the clock when it goes on the rollers!
Lease car? Otherwise I wouldn't want to red line a brand new car. Unless it's a Ferrari or whatever that's already had its engine run-in at the factory.

Does the M135i not have a running in period? Wouldn't want to damage the car for the sake of a quick dyno run.

What route are people taking btw? Howard/Robbie/anyone else coming along the M4, fancy meeting around Swindon and convoying the last bit? Should be there around 7.30/8.

Chieveley services is normally a good place to meet up, and I would be up for meeting there!

Back
Top Bottom