OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
Congratulations!! It's taken ages for it to sink in with me, and only really has properly recently as I can now feel him moving around in my wife's belly...which is the most surreal thing ever (I don't know how our better halves deal with an alien growing inside them). The first scan is a great moment too :D

I've already ordered the "baby on board" from TFL :D and started to think about strollers. But it still feels so far off and it almost feels like a nebulous idea rather than a real thing that's happening to us.

Last edited:
Associate
I've already ordered the "baby on board" from TFL :D and started to think about strollers. But it still feels so far off and it almost feels a nebulous idea rather than a real thing that's happening to us.

I'm not expecting it to quite hit home until we're en route to the hospital...got about 12 weeks to go so slowly getting the house ready for a change of purpose :D

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Congrats @robgmun, it will fly by, don't leave it all until the last minute. :)

Our little girl, who is now 13 months never had a dummy, I too thought the whole dummy argument was rubbish.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Haha I had no idea there were paid services! Nah just walking through the woods looking for things to climb :) my eldest is very adventurous and climbs up and down everything, but he's not even 2 yet so not quite sure. I can already hear the wife shouting at me hahahaa

Don
Haha I had no idea there were paid services! Nah just walking through the woods looking for things to climb :) my eldest is very adventurous and climbs up and down everything, but he's not even 2 yet so not quite sure.

I don't think there is a set age :p Let them do what they want with your guidance and be prepared to get a rollicking off the Mum if they get any cuts or bruises!

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I'll cut and bruise her! Hahahaha what's that dear? Coming...

Joking aside, yeh I get what you mean but just wondering if the wise parents here think under 2 is too dangerous in a fall etc. That's a thing sitting at the back of my mind... Causing hesitation.

Soldato
OP
I'll cut and bruise her! Hahahaha what's that dear? Coming...

Joking aside, yeh I get what you mean but just wondering if the wise parents here think under 2 is too dangerous in a fall etc. That's a thing sitting at the back of my mind... Causing hesitation.

My girl loves to climb stuff and has for ages. Just be prepared for them to apply those skills at home! I reckon as long as you are there ready to catch them (trust me they will fall/get stuck) then what's the problem. Generally a playground is a good place to start though.

@robgmun it didn't feel really real for me until I heard her cry as she came out. It got progressively more real up until that point, but it was still this abstract concept until then for me. Pretty amazing feeling though!

Soldato
Has anyone else's kids started doing PC work? My daughter starts year 1 next month, and they've sent a lexiacore login. She's pretty good at it, however my mouse is a tad big, has anyone got any recommendations on a smaller, child sized one? Cheers

Soldato
OP
Has anyone else's kids started doing PC work? My daughter starts year 1 next month, and they've sent a lexiacore login. She's pretty good at it, however my mouse is a tad big, has anyone got any recommendations on a smaller, child sized one? Cheers
You can get those tiny laptop/travel mice. Maybe that would suit?

Back
Top Bottom