OcUK Dadsnet thread

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Not had the problem with ours, lots of guides and different techniques out there that you cn try... but if you've tried everything and still out of luck then could be worth asking professionals to assist :)

Soldato
Had our first bad night with our latest ;)

I say bad it was ok, but just that feeling of exhaustion in the moment is a pain! Ahh well today's another day, still early days! Just would not settle off to sleep and before we knew it he was hungry again :D

The infacol has been introduced and did seem to instantly help with burps but probably a placebo effect as it says it takes days to get going ;)

Last edited:
Don
Not had the problem with ours, lots of guides and different techniques out there that you cn try... but if you've tried everything and still out of luck then could be worth asking professionals to assist :)

I'm not wanting to push it, I was just curious really if anyone else had experienced it. I'm sure if the HV deemed it a problem then we'd look into it more. His development apart from that is consistent with his siblings, I'm putting it down to him being a lazy git :)

Soldato
My twins hit week 11 yesterday. It's been exhausting, exhilarating and utterly relentless, but I wouldn't change it for a thing. We are just working on a new bedtime routine which seems to be working (fingers crossed!), so we're sending the help packing (mother-in-law) and it will just be the two of us from Friday. I'm quite excited at the prospect - the wife less so!

I have found this thread to be informative and cathartic so a big thank you to everyone - some of you don't even realise you've helped me out!

Soldato
OP
My twins hit week 11 yesterday. It's been exhausting, exhilarating and utterly relentless, but I wouldn't change it for a thing. We are just working on a new bedtime routine which seems to be working (fingers crossed!), so we're sending the help packing (mother-in-law) and it will just be the two of us from Friday. I'm quite excited at the prospect - the wife less so!

I have found this thread to be informative and cathartic so a big thank you to everyone - some of you don't even realise you've helped me out!
Sounds like you've got it in hand my man. Get the old bag out so you can get freaky with your missus without the old "we can't, my mum is nextdoor" excuse ;)

Soldato
Here's some recommendations we've been given as similar:
Womad
Green man
Bluedot
Shambala
Camp Bestival
Beautiful days
Starry skies
Timber Festival
Deershed

This is a great site for reviews - https://www.festivalkidz.com/

Thank you very much.
We went to Shambala when ours were 4.5 and 12 months. It was actually really great. We were going to go back last year, but the family we were going to go with had to pull out fairly late so we refunded the tickets (unusually, Shambala take refunds)

Don
Just on the recommendations of things to do, York Maze is open until 2nd September. We spent around 7 hours there on Saturday, 40 mins of which was in the actual maze, there is loads to do and it's very big so it didn't feel as busy it actually was.

Soldato
Anyone here used one of those Sleepyhead things? Partner seems quite keen to try one but in my opinion it's just another thing to have to sort of wean them off when they grow out of it?

Any one used one, for or against them?

Soldato
Anyone here used one of those Sleepyhead things? Partner seems quite keen to try one but in my opinion it's just another thing to have to sort of wean them off when they grow out of it?

Any one used one, for or against them?
The nest type thing? We used one and sometimes still do after 9 months. Gave him the feeling of more security and a better night's sleep.

Edit: we have a Doomoo, they're half the price of the sleepyhead, but just as good.

Last edited:
Soldato
My son started back at nursery after the holiday. He got a sick bug.
He then gave it to me. I've been bed ridden last two days.
Now my wife has it. Great

Soldato
OP
My son started back at nursery after the holiday. He got a sick bug.
He then gave it to me. I've been bed ridden last two days.
Now my wife has it. Great
That was me the other week. Wife and I got it at the same time. Diabolical! Mercifully my mum was able to come take our then recovered daughter off for a night which was enough of a reprieve for us to chunder our way to a state where we were able to handle taking care of her again. Nothing more awful than taking care of a toddler while desperately ill (other than multiple toddlers).

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Four-year-old son shoe shopping...

D0H7LNt.jpg

Personally I couldn’t care less what colour his shoes are. However, it’s always down to how the other kids at his preschool will react. Will they crush his self esteem? Interested to hear what MachoMan StandandBang GD Dadsnet thinks :p

PS yes I know his socks don’t match. Pick and choose your battles..

Back
Top Bottom