OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bumpage.

I am glad of the publicity as at least some attention should lead to Sales which in some way will make up for the losses.

The Register does itself No favours at all with it's UNIFORMED description of Us users :mad:
If it cannot describe us correctly it cannot describe Anything correctly, We are an Open & Friendly community & hardly Top secret Hacker types, That is just Laughable.

To be fair, ocuk and The Register aren't exactly on "speaking terms" from other articles I've read over the years.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
To be fair, ocuk and The Register aren't exactly on "speaking terms" from other articles I've read over the years.

Are you saying they are Bias :eek: + ;) + :D + :p

From what I'm reading, a lot of people dislike ocuk for some reason

Can't understand this myself as We are an Inclusive community not Exclusive, Anybody & I mean Anybody is Welcomed here with Open arms & Gone are the days of Brutal put downs to nubs etc.
Join & act like a **** & you will be laughed off the forum but Generally we are a Welcoming Sociable & Friendly Bunch :cool:

Caporegime
Can't understand this myself as We are an Inclusive community not Exclusive, Anybody & I mean Anybody is Welcomed here with Open arms & Gone are the days of Brutal put downs to nubs etc.
Join & act like a **** & you will be laughed off the forum but Generally we are a Welcoming Sociable & Friendly Bunch :cool:

You Love Capital Letters, Don't You? :p

Soldato
The comments on the register are laughable, the support here is much better than most e-tailers! There is even a support forum now, but whenever i've called up and had a problem, they've always been straight to the point and efficient.

I think they're confused about employees nice cars, as there are many members on here with some really decent motors.

Fools :o

Soldato
Bumpage.

I am glad of the publicity as at least some attention should lead to Sales which in some way will make up for the losses.

The Register does itself No favours at all with it's UNIFORMED description of Us users :mad:
If it cannot describe us correctly it cannot describe Anything correctly, We are an Open & Friendly community & hardly Top secret Hacker types, That is just Laughable.

Must have been the BOFH.

Soldato
The comments on the register are laughable, the support here is much better than most e-tailers! There is even a support forum now, but whenever called up and had a problem, they've always been straight to the point and efficient.

I think they're confused about employees nice cars, as there are many members on here with some really decent motors.

Fools :o

And I'm not one of them :(

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I wonder if the attack has been switched to the Shop only to stop annoying the Masses ?
Or perhaps the attacker is running out of funds therefore using his resources on what hurts most.

Care to explain how this attack would cost money?

I'm a bit confused.. I thought if they were using a botnet they were just sitting back and using their "drones" to do the heavy lifting?

Associate
is there no way to trace a DDOS? i thought a DDOS was repeatadly pinging a router/server ect. untill it can't take no more and falls over. so there should be some kind of log for what the traffic has been.

Problem with a DDOS is that its distributed (not a single IP address).

Also they may just be faked IP Address's. Most DDOS's use syn packets in a so called syn flood technique. Syn is the first packet a computer sends when setting up a connection to a remote server, and is the first step in the 3 way TCP handshake. Because the handshake does not complete you do not need to use your real IP address (your goal is not to setup a legit connection), you can just generate thousands of syn packets every second with random source address's, and aim them at someones web server. The end result of all this is the web server's TCP stack gets filled up with all these new connection requests that are waiting to complete their handshack, and becomes overloaded.

Soldato
Maybe if they change the domain for the shop for a tempory time it may help against dos attacks for a while? Maybe if they re modulate the domains every couple of mins it'll help? And make overclockers.co.uk redirect?

Don't know if it's as easy as remodulating the shields in start trek though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom