OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Yeah its getting annoying (and I know several people who have ordered elsewhere because of it :S). On the plus side it seems to be getting OCuk some pretty big publicity and the longer it goes on for the far more likely it is the person behind it gets caught.

I think it would possibly be a good idea for OCuk to do something like email out a mini catalog of this week only offers and popular lines with telephone and maybe a backup internet ordering details.

Soldato
it was me! :o i use tabbed browsing (middle mouse) to get every thread up that i have posted to that has had recent posts :) i find 5 or more tabs seems to tip this forum over the edge these days :D so there i turned myself in can i have my 10k now :p

Soldato
Just thinking. What's the significance of the forums being DDOSed as well as the shop (bearing in mind the two are on different servers)? If you just wanted to cost OcUK as much money/trade as possible, you'd tell all your bots to attack the shop and make sure that no orders got through. Using significant resources to attack the forums as well must imply a different motive. This is an attack on the community as well as the business, which to me suggests something much more personal than just a disgruntled customer, for example.

All conjecture, of course.

Also, anyone who wants to read more about DDoS attacks might find this interesting. The information's fairly out of date and this attack is probably more advanced, but it's a good read if you want to find out how DDoS attacks can work.

Last edited:
Associate
And I was wondering what the hell was going on with the forums and main site, up and down more than a yoyo :/

I've never really understood the point in this type of thing, its just pathetic imo, why people feel the need to cause hassle and upset to other sites/people online, just a bit sad if you ask me.

Hope you find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom