OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 'stories on the net' are true, i'm sure OcUK know about the issues, I don't think Spie or any other the other guys are stupid. It goes without saying, if you have a lot of dissatisfied customers, you will need to improve service. I think the situation is more like a few people who've had bad experiences for whatever reason and have decided to broadcast their opinion across the web. I can't verify the stories, neither can you, but I can comment based on my experiences with the company.

No.
Many years of trading will always lead to a few disgruntled customers, On top of that Mark has been Open about his personal views in the past which has upset a few folk, This does not add up to a Dodgey business or poor trading standards.
On top of that the majority of RMA's are handled via manufacturers & Oc has No control over the time they take to sort things.
Then of course you have the Community side of OcUK which when briefly looked at can be taken the wrong way & seem a Tad harsh & opinionated (much like myself :D)
After this you have the Power that the Internet can give little men hiding in there bedrooms. I have seen people spend weeks & weeks creating fakes sites, fake Forum members & hundreds of fake posts just to slate OcUK. All that came from maybe 5 bedroom dwellers with nowt better to do in there lifes.
Unfortunetly the Interweb has empowered some very Small minded individuals.

Thank God for the common sense and intelligent comments of Bigredshark and Malc30. This thread would have deteriorated into complete codswallop without you two.
Damage has been caused to a thriving business and the owners are doing the right and proper thing by investigating.
Yup, some people are thick as cow crap.

Doesn't make it any less illegal, they have a problem they can take it up with them in a legal manner, they can shout from the rooftops about what they think of OCUK. Doesn't justify this type of action and OCUK are fully entitled to the high ground here.

I've never claimed DDoS weren't illegal. The people behind this probably don't give a monkeys about the legality of such actions. The fact of the matter is, they shouldn't have to take up these problems with trading standards, their banks and in some cases the police.

malc30, it isn't just a few disgruntled customers though, is it? It's hundreds.

whoever it is really must be miffed at something

Miffed, hacked off, disgruntled customer, disgruntled employess current or ex ... it really doesn't give any weight or substance to launching such attacks.

What these people don't realise is that while thinking they are the dogs dangly bits in launching DOS attacks, they don't grasp that peoples' livlihoods can be at stake if financial hits are taken, which doesn't seem to be the case at OcUK thankfully.

That can go from the people at the top, down to the cleaning lady and beyond that to companies that supply the company under attack. In other words, real and innocent people can lose out, causing misery for a lot more people that the intended target and that is why I would endorse anyone with info coming forward.

No.
Many years of trading will always lead to a few disgruntled customers, On top of that Mark has been Open about his personal views in the past which has upset a few folk, This does not add up to a Dodgey business or poor trading standards.
On top of that the majority of RMA's are handled via manufacturers & Oc has No control over the time they take to sort things.
Then of course you have the Community side of OcUK which when briefly looked at can be taken the wrong way & seem a Tad harsh & opinionated (much like myself :D)
After this you have the Power that the Internet can give little men hiding in there bedrooms. I have seen people spend weeks & weeks creating fakes sites, fake Forum members & hundreds of fake posts just to slate OcUK. All that came from maybe 5 bedroom dwellers with nowt better to do in there lifes.
Unfortunetly the Interweb has empowered some very Small minded individuals.

That's exactly what i'm saying. Anyway, let's move on from this, it's a bit tiring now to say the least!

I don't think there's anything else to be said that hasn't been already. If you don't know what a DDOS attack is, please read the thread, it's been explained a bizillion times. :o

Guys, since yesterday, my HDD has started thrashing about at startup, adding about a minute before the Windows loading screen appears.

Seems to wierd to be a coincedence....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom