OcUK DDoS attack - £10,000 reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I've never had a problem with OcUK. Admittedly I haven't used them as much as I have other e-tailers, but still.

Lots of people all over the net have been claiming OcUK have been breaking consumer laws, having to get trading standards involved. Hell, there was a hefty thread I found on google just a minute ago that claimed OcUK was being investigated for fraud! I don't know how true these things are, but if there is even a hint of truth in these complaints/reviews, then OcUK really need to sort their service out before they run around calling people criminals and asking for the public to find them (basically a witch hunt, let's be honest).

I doubt the people behind these DDoS attacks care very little that they are illegal, also.

I just don't think anyone can claim to take the high ground when there are so many stories on the net... :)

I work for a large retailer myself, and customer service is a top priority for us. If a customer is standing in returns and demands to see a manager, starts ****** and blinding infront of other customers, that hurts our bottom line. So I imagine OcUK's bottom line must be hurting quite a lot from these attacks. If I were a manager at OcUK though, my main priority would be to prevent these attacks from happening the first place; through good customer service, a fair returns policy in line with trading standards regulations and protection for their main source of income.

Just saying, like.

Last edited:
dont know why and completely random but when I couldnt log on I knew it was some sort of DDOS attack...and then off top of my head maybe a competitor paid some russian hacking agency and paid to halt its main rival's trade...I felt in a conspiracy mood yesterday! :p

Or is it fairly easy to do these attacks?

If the 'stories on the net' are true, i'm sure OcUK know about the issues, I don't think Spie or any other the other guys are stupid. It goes without saying, if you have a lot of dissatisfied customers, you will need to improve service. I think the situation is more like a few people who've had bad experiences for whatever reason and have decided to broadcast their opinion across the web. I can't verify the stories, neither can you, but I can comment based on my experiences with the company.

I do understand your point, but i've seen allegations of fraud thrown about for just about any store in the world. Just last week i was reading a story of some dude claiming he was going to sue Amazon for failing to replace a TV and instead offering a refund.

True, but there isn't even a whiff of such allegations for some of the other etailers I use. Just the tiniest bit of doubt is enough to harm a business, and this is something that OcUK needs to sort out, so that 99% of the reviews over the net aren't headed by the words 'Totally dissatisfied - would never use again!'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom