OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
For the past two months I have been visiting the local grunter’s gym twice a week. Since starting I have almost doubled the amount of weight I can push and increased my muscle mass significantly.

Since the New Year started I have set out a diet and exorcise plan. Mondays I do cardio at home, Tuesday’s gym, Wednesday’s health suit at leisure centre, Thursday’s gym and Friday’s cardio at home again.

The diet (which I started 2 weeks ago) is a high protein low carb diet. I have so far lost 7lb but am not expecting a huge loss in weight due to the fact I am trying to bulk up my muscles. To help gain mass I have also started to drink protein shakes after I go to the gym. These do seem to help and significantly reduce the time it takes for my muscles to stop aching. They are definitely no substitute for good food though!

Soldato
sounds like water weight to me. Your body may have just retained some water for some reason. Carry on as you are making sure you drink plenty and it'll go.

Soldato
DanH84 said:
sounds like water weight to me. Your body may have just retained some water for some reason. Carry on as you are making sure you drink plenty and it'll go.
Oh I don't intend to give up... I might stop doing the weigh in at work though, because I was almost in tears today, and I really don't want to feel like that again. Makes it ten times worse when people ask you how you're doing. I never thought it would be this bad.. I just assumed it'd be good for motivation, but it's the opposite. I'm better off on my own.

Man of Honour
I've decided to go on a health binge :) I'm cutting down on the beers (except on OcUK meets ofc) and have just finished a salad. And that is VERY unusual for me.

Only apple juice and water for drinking too, no pop for me. Though I have ingredients for smoothies :) Gonna have another glass of apple juice and a banana, possibly some unsalted peanuts and dried fruit.

Not sure if this belongs in here as I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm looking to attain definition.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I've decided to go on a health binge :) I'm cutting down on the beers (except on OcUK meets ofc) and have just finished a salad. And that is VERY unusual for me.

Only apple juice and water for drinking too, no pop for me. Though I have ingredients for smoothies. Gonna have another glass of apple juice and a banana, possibly some unsalted peanuts and dried fruit.

Not sure if this belongs in here as I'm not looking to lose weight, I'm looking to attain definition.
SALAD?? GILLY??? EH??? :confused: :p Good on you. I'm so serious about this, that I'm not drinking at any OC meets either.

Perhaps it should be re-phrased to a healthy lifestyle thread :) I'm not on a diet, so technically I shouldn't be in here. This change is for life for me :)

Associate
I've went backwards recently. I've put on 3lbs since saturday. I put on weight very easily :(
My heaviest ever was 3 years ago when i was 10st and someone i liked called me fat so i stopped eating properly for a while. I'm now just over 8st, i keep putting on "happy weight" as Piggymon calls it, since ive been with my boyfriend, but the weight really doesnt make me happy :( . Trying to reach my goal weight of 7st 8lbs but i dont think it will happen in the near future, unfortuantely.

Associate
Lostkat said:
Course not. This thread was a damn good idea, and I'll continue to post/whinge in it :)

I was just wondering could it be anything to do with your monthly cycle?
This is something us women have to take into account afterall!
At certain times of the month women can put on upto 3/4 pounds in water, and you can get tablets that will decrease the excess water your body puts on.

Associate
Just stumbled upon this thread, since starting my new job I am always working away from home and so I am living in a hotel. This means I have been eating hotel food, not good. After xmas I got fed up and came up with this:- Brekkie: Weetabix, orange juice, lunch- salad and a sensible evening meal. The booze is at 0 pints a week as is pop.

There is also a gym at the hotel so I am raiding that a few times a week. At the moment i'm mostly messing around on cv stuff as I really enjoy it. A good long hard bike ride coupled with some weights and then the evil rower to finish me off (love the rower really :D ) The aim is to knock some weight off pre alton towers, it also gives me something to do in Kidderminster as its rather dead.

Just like to say good luck to everyone and i'll post & check up on how everyone is doing :)

Soldato
I mentioned this in another diet thread the other day so may as well add it here. I'm also on a diet/health kick; mainly trying to get rid of the weight I put on over Christmas and the months leading up to it.

My goal is to lose a little over a stone in weight get myself down to just over 12st but also generally improve my diet/fitness (far too much unhealthy food and way too much drink recently).

I've put myself on Atkins for a couple of weeks to kick start everything and so far it's going well, been on it 9 days now and I’ve dropped 8lb. Missus has recently bought a decent treadmill so I’ve been brave and using that (exercise has never really been my thing).

Following the 2 weeks I want to move onto a sensible diet, due to work I find myself eating at odd times and it’s normally just grabbing sandwiches here and there or take out from the local restaurants. I plan on preparing more food at home to take to work and most importantly cut down on the booze, ideally only drinking once or twice a week.

Well hopefully all goes to plan and I stick to my good intentions but I guess only time will tell. :)

Soldato
holly35 said:
I was just wondering could it be anything to do with your monthly cycle?
This is something us women have to take into account afterall!
At certain times of the month women can put on upto 3/4 pounds in water, and you can get tablets that will decrease the excess water your body puts on.
Nope :( I'd be alright if it was that, but it's not. Wrong time etc. I know exactly when I can expect to feel bloated :)

Soldato
Gunna join in with you guys. I left uni 5 years ago 19.5 stone and never put any weight on, never lost any either. During last summer I was ill with gall bladder disease which meant I couldn't eat the slightest thing with fat in. 2 bits of french bread caused me 24hrs of serious pain, so for a month I ate nothing but toast and drank only water. I lost 2 stone in one month. I'm not planning on just living off toast and water, its not exactly healthy but I do know I can loose weight. Since having my gall bladder removed I've put on a stone but I have started to change my diet. I'm currently going to the gym 3 times a week, but I'm not sure if it should be more. The biggest problem I have is I get hypoglycemia nearly every day. The best cure I've found for it is usually crisps + sugary drink. I've had it all my life and its such an annoying thing to have when dieting.

Good luck to everyone :)

Soldato
Well I started today weighing 12 stone 11 pounds by June i'd like to be 10 and a half stone. I am very happy with how I have manged to lay off all the nice things so far and for the first time in a very long time i've been snacking on apples, oranges and bananas. This is very rare as I barely touch fruit! I find it impossible to eat breakfast in the morning as I always feel very ill afterwards and so just have a cup of coffee to get me going. During school I ate a cereal bar and a ham sandwich (wholemeal bread) and drank 2 bottles of water. I had a bowl of my mum's stew and a low fat yoghurt for dinner and have just had a bowl of cornflakes as I felt hungry. I have significantly cut down on the amount of coffee I drink from about 6 cups to just 2. Considering that my diet usually consists of lots of chocolate, crisps and biscuits I am quite pleased with my self but it's still very early days! For exercise i'm putting a little extra energy in to my walk to and from school and i'm going to take the dog out for an extra walk every day so wish me luck guys this is a big step for me! :).

Man of Honour
Whats the best cereal to eat?

I want something simple for in the office so porridge/oats is out. Not keen on muesli.

What are those little brown stick-looking things? Not bran flakes I don't think (at least, they don't look like cornflakes made of bran :p). Could go with a few of them and chopped bananas with skimmed milk. Perhaps Shredded Wheat.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Gilly said:
What are those little brown stick-looking things? Not bran flakes I don't think (at least, they don't look like cornflakes made of bran :p). Could go with a few of them and chopped bananas with skimmed milk. Perhaps Shredded Wheat.

All Bran? Kellogg's version is best as it does have a small amount of sugar and salt in I think - I tried the supermarket version and it literally tasted like cardboard. Kellogg's version is actually pretty tasty and I found it suppressed the sweet tooth a little, although it doesn't have all that much sugar in (the milk is sweet as well I guess). Adding fruit is an idea that I should have thought of though! Plus it's mostly non-digestible fibre so it aids... well, I'll leave it at that.

Of course if you don't mean All Bran then this post is entirely moot. :)

Associate
Can't beat a pair of Weetabix to start the morning, unsugared of course, if you really must sweeten it, bit of honey isn't too shabby. Banana is always nice too. If you need to kick start yourself, an apple should get you going, massive amount of sugar with enough fibre to regulate it.

Back
Top Bottom