OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
I believe in you Piggy :D

Complete opposite for me as i was 9st and wanted to put weight on.

I started and within the first few weeks i noticed nothing and felt like giving up.

Then i started piling it on, now i'm just over 11st.

It's all a matter of time, and you do feel like giving up, the trick is, don't :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Matblack said:
Stick with the weights Piggy, I've seen girls work themselves to death every morning for a year with almost zero loss, only to find that some lifting made all the difference.

MB is right, one of the PT's at the gym told me that you shouldn't cut out the weights as although you build a little muscle, it increases your metabolism so that your body breaks down the food quicker.

Blokes have a faster metabolism than us - sure I read that somewhere... must be why me and my brother have totally different body shapes.

Not fair! :(

BB x

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Aruffell said:
I'm a lady, and i like to do.... lady things.

Lol ;) yeah I guess... but to some people we don't look like we are related (I know a lot of brother and sister combos get this) but I am sure build is to do with it.

He is taller than both our mum and dad so goodness knows where he got that from :p .

BB x

Soldato
Start weight: 294 lbs (at start of january)
Weight this morning: 262 lbs
target weight: 200lbs
Lost: 32lbs, still to loose: 62lbs
Percentage progress: 34%

I expect it'll slow down, someone said something about loosing water, not really sure how these things work, I just work on the fact that I put less food in than I need a day, and I get lighter...

Man of Honour
Went to the gym again tonight... did 30mins cardio (rowing machine) and 40mins on weights, yet again had a massive craving for milk when I got back. Any one have cravings like that after the gym? and any idea why?

Soldato
OP
Adam_151 said:
Start weight: 294 lbs (at start of january)
Weight this morning: 262 lbs
target weight: 200lbs
Lost: 32lbs, still to loose: 62lbs
Percentage progress: 34%

I expect it'll slow down, someone said something about loosing water, not really sure how these things work, I just work on the fact that I put less food in than I need a day, and I get lighter...

You lost 32lbs in 24 days, what did you do, cut your leg off?

MB

Soldato
OP
AcidHell2 said:
Went to the gym again tonight... did 30mins cardio (rowing machine) and 40mins on weights, yet again had a massive craving for milk when I got back. Any one have cravings like that after the gym? and any idea why?

Your body wants protein and rehydration at a guess, it needs easily accessable protein to repair muscle and milk is reasonable source although there are better.

MB

Man of Honour
Matblack said:
Your body wants protein and rehydration at a guess, it needs easily accessable protein to repair muscle and milk is reasonable source although there are better.

MB

Thought it might be something along those lines. It's funny how your body knows what makes up different foods.

Soldato
Matblack said:

MB
Hahaha :D Cheered me up a treat that comment.

I've had just a bowl of cereal today :/
Was meant to be cooking chicken curry but I feel very sick and not at all hungry after a recent event with someone. Blergh. Will try and make it later. Either way, not a bad day for me :)
Oooh water all day too *shining detox halo*

Soldato
Matblack said:

MB

Yes, very funny :p

But thats what the scales say, if you skip back a few pages someone gave me an explanation involving water loss, but further than that, I don't really know what to say

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
Oh Dear!
Have a big OcUK group hug
*hug*

well done :). waters so boring though :(
Thanks! I hugged two people I wouldn't normally hug on my way home because I had an upside down smile making me feel rubbish, grr. *Hugs accepted lotsy!*

Water is bloody boring yes. Fortunately, we're only really allowed water in our lecture theatre so I'll think of it that way :p

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Just got back from training , even though I really , really didn't feel like it :(

I think I NEED to see a change on my next weigh in or else I really will lose all motivation :/
No you will not missy! Desmo wont let you anyway muahahaha :p

Put pictures of you you don't like around your house and that'll give you a kick up the bum bum to do something! Don't worry about the weight thing. Firstly, your insides will be healthier :D and you will lose it in time sweetie :)

Man of Honour
Piggymon said:
I think I NEED to see a change on my next weigh in or else I really will lose all motivation :/

Remember you're body will get use to health eating and you'll see a week or two wear you don't seem to make any progress. But then the next week it starts falling of again. Chin up I'm sure you'll notice a change. Got any tight clothes, its always great when you can fit into them..

Back
Top Bottom