OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Thanks guys .. This thread is great !

Gives us all somewhere to vent and also get that little bit of support that we all need :)

I've been reffered to the hospital to get my implant removed , hopefully that will help me with the weight loss as well :)

Soldato
Piggymon said:

Gives us all somewhere to vent and also get that little bit of support that we all need :)

Think people are mis-trusting of me :( , I agree it won't all be genuine fat loss, but my weight has gone down that much

Soldato
OP
Jenjey said:
Hahaha :D Cheered me up a treat that comment.

I've had just a bowl of cereal today :/
Was meant to be cooking chicken curry but I feel very sick and not at all hungry after a recent event with someone. Blergh. Will try and make it later. Either way, not a bad day for me :)
Oooh water all day too *shining detox halo*

eat something!

I don't know if you are trying to lose (you don't look like you need to) but if you are or even of you aren't you need to eat. If you don't eat you body will hold on to everything it has and weight loss actually becomes harder!

Stuff recent events, your cute enough to go and have some more fun events at the drop of a hat ;)

MB

Soldato
OP
Adam_151 said:
Think people are mis-trusting of me :( , I agree it won't all be genuine fat loss, but my weight has gone down that much

I'm only kidding matey, it sounds like you're doing great almost 3 stone is a lot to lose in 3 weeks, just be careful that your not overdoing it :)

MB

Soldato
Matblack said:
I'm only kidding matey, it sounds like you're doing great almost 3 stone is a lot to lose in 3 weeks, just be careful that your not overdoing it :)

MB

Thanks, I suppose it doesn't help that I'm sceptical of it as well, but the water explanation seems to make sense and I expect it'll level off, and I'm sure I'm not overdoing it, I'm still eating normal sized meals, just not snacking

Soldato
Matblack said:
eat something!

I don't know if you are trying to lose (you don't look like you need to) but if you are or even of you aren't you need to eat. If you don't eat you body will hold on to everything it has and weight loss actually becomes harder!

Stuff recent events, your cute enough to go and have some more fun events at the drop of a hat ;)

MB
Aaw :) thanks, that's really lovely hehe! I've still not made anything yet :/ been chatting with a girlyfriend since I last posted. Will try and make that chicken curry when my other friend gets home so ill chat and cook. It's not my plan to not eat, I've just not felt like it today :(

Soldato
Piggymon said:

I've been reffered to the hospital to get my implant removed , hopefully that will help me with the weight loss as well :)

If I remember correctly you did a calendar and if I might say so, you were absolutley loverly. As I recall from Swansea, you looked very much in proportion and I wouldn't say you needed to loose weight at all.

I think maybe you need to see quick results (weight drop) to get a sense of achievement and I dont think thats what you will find. Instead you should take notice of other things that improve like stamina, alertness and how quickly you can run for cover when Uncle Rottenguts lets rip. ;)

You're fab as it is, why try to improve on something thats already great?

Hope all goes well with your hospital appointment and just remember we all support one another here.

Soldato
Piggymon said:

I've been reffered to the hospital to get my implant removed , hopefully that will help me with the weight loss as well

Piggy keep it up, not that you need to be told this, sounds like Desmo is firmly on your case, as are the official OcUK dieters ;).

You sure getting rid of the anti-pigmo device is a good move :p?

To summarize for me, i've just been keeping up what i think its roughly eating sensibly, although i'm not totally documenting results or weighing myself, we're not allowed scales in our house =/.

Breakfast: Cornflakes + Milk, or if i'm feeling particulary healthy and we have them in, Shredded Wheat. I've been told the corn flakes aren't so great though?

Lunch: Pre-made chicken/ham/turkey/whatever is in the firdge, and salads that are in the fridge. I've been told eating so much bread isn't a good idea too!?

Dinner: Well it can actually be anything, but had a stir fry today, which i'm assuming (apart from the soy sauce, which i dont use much of) is pretty much along a heathly route.

Throughout the day i make sure i *DONT* snack thats probably my main problem, cause i just get bored at work. I've also substitued 90%+ drinks for water, occasional can of coke with a meal.
//Edit: Actually thinking about it, i drink a fair bit of freshly squeezed orange juice if/when i'm home, whereas i used to drink gallons of Coke! I forgot to count that as drinking because i usually end up eating my drinks they're so thick! :D

Can anyone point out anything else i could be doing in general that aids just general healthy eating? I think i'm doing OK, and i do plan to sign myself up to the gym sometime soon, because i'd like to at least get swimming again (seems a nice allround low impact good workout).

Keep it up everyone! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Adam be careful

Ideally you want to lose around 2-3lbs every week.

If you lose too much too fast you can become ill and will normally notice stretch marks too which don't fade quickly.

LESP: Try not to eat too much pre-packed meats etc... Try and get some fresh meat in a sandwich or chop some chicken up or tuna (if you like it) with some salad and a slice of toast, add some rice if necessary.

Jacket potato's are nice and healthy too with some coleslaw or tuna.

Keep it up guys :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Aruffell said:
LESP: Try not to eat too much pre-packed meats etc... Try and get some fresh meat in a sandwich or chop some chicken up or tuna (if you like it) with some salad and a slice of toast, add some rice if necessary.

Jacket potato's are nice and healthy too with some coleslaw or tuna.

Keep it up guys :)

Not too fussed on tuna, although if we had nothing else i would eat it. Its just bottom of the list. Same goes for coleslaw *yuck*, also i don't know why but i just find jacket potatoes insanely boring. I think its a childhood thing, plain jacket potatoes are horrible.

The meats i put on my sanwhiches are usually from our butchers round the corner, so its sliced "real" meat :D. But there is the odd few occasions when we don't have anything else in and i just use pre-ackages stuff, high in salt isn't it?

It's hard trying to eat healthy because i'm not what you'd call overweight, i just know my diet *could* be better. When i talk to my mum about getting healthier stuff in, and not buying things high in salt, and not cooking with so much salt etc... I usually get laughed at, and/or shunned out of thinking sensibly, because i look fine. Trying to explain to her/them (my dad is just as bad) is impossible, they think i'm becoming neurotic sometimes! :(

Soldato
Right Lesp.

Tuna is fantastic (any fish is)

It's high in protein and low in fat (salmon is high in fat, but of the good kind, Omega oils)

Protein is a must for muscle growth.

pre-packaged stuff is high in food and low in real ingredients to be honest.

I also find that when cooking a meal such as Chilli con carne, cook too much, and have it on a baked potato, chilli baked potato is the best for lunch times :D

No one in my house cooks with salt, but if needed, we use it once the meals are dished up (i can't eat rice without a sprinkle of salt)

Soldato
I take Omega 3-6-9.

Not sure if you take Omega 3 or 3-6-9 but the 3-6-9 are the best.

Go on Holland and Barrett Online, i think they have a sale on still.

If you want more ideas for healthy food catch me on MSN tomorrow and i'll see what ideas i can rustle up :)

Food ideas are different for all people dependant on how much weight you want to lose etc...

Soldato
Aruffell said:
I take Omega 3-6-9.

I think its that actually, i haven't looked at the label in ages, so i just remember the 3. I did say it was good for memory didn't I :D? Oops.

I wont be on msn tomorrow i hardly ever get the chance, work forces me to work silly hours! :mad:. Think i'm in till midnight tomorrow.

Soldato
Lt. Manlove said:
Is there a web page with everybody's weekly weigh in? If not, anyone else think there should be? I do!! Be a bit like celebrity fit club ;) :cool:
I think a table monitoring peoples' % weight loss would be a good idea, but not an actual weight table because some people (i.e. me) are sensitive about telling everyone their weight.

Soldato
How about everyone starts at the difference between what they are now and their target weight. So if they want to lose a stone they start at 14lbs but their aim is to lose say 2-4lbs a week.

The measures could be turned into percentages which could then be easily charted together for comparison and individually against a target.

Soldato
Cybermyk said:
How about everyone starts at the difference between what they are now and their target weight. So if they want to lose a stone they start at 14lbs but their aim is to lose say 2-4lbs a week.

The measures could be turned into percentages which could then be easily charted together for comparison and individually against a target.
That's what I just said :p

My target is approx 90% of my starting weight. I am currently at 97.4%

Back
Top Bottom