OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Lostkat said:
I'd like to ask the ladies with larger chests if their sports bras have wires.

They tend not to have wires for safety reasons. I've got a shock absorber level 4 like you and for added comfort wear one of the croptop style sports bras over it when I'm taking my aerobics classes. There's still movement but no pain!

Soldato
Roberta said:
They tend not to have wires for safety reasons. I've got a shock absorber level 4 like you and for added comfort wear one of the croptop style sports bras over it when I'm taking my aerobics classes. There's still movement but no pain!
Yeah it does move a bit when I run down the stairs, but no pain or anything. Waiting for my old one to dry before I try them out back to back. I might go on the treadmill downstairs with a mirror (ARGH) to see whether it moves much. This thing isn't a bra... it's like being swathed in bandages :D Saw a girl prancing along gracefully in a t-shirt bra on the running machine today... hmph!

Old one had wires with padding around them... new one is much thinner, and probably much cooler too.

Have also jumped up 2 cups sizes since my last sports bra, which probably explains the lack of wires.

Soldato
I started off with good intentions just after Jan 1st, went jogging every night after work just for a mile or so with a plan to increase the distance slowly.

I seem to have buggered my knees though as I'm 15.5 stone and I have long legs being 6'5 so I can't really exercise much at the mo which sucks :(. I'd actually like to be able to go running but I even tried at the gym yesterday on the cushioned treadmills and it still really hurt.

Gonna have to sit around for a week or so and let them recover before trying anything else, don't want to get in shape then not be able to walk anymore!

Soldato
Walk uphill? Uses lots of energy and is much easier on the knees :) It's what they recommended my Mum to do. She's overweight and getting on a bit, so her knees are giving her jip. You don't have to be sprinting along like a young fawn to make a difference. Cross trainers are also good. Hard on the thighs/calfs, fine for the knees :)

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Walk uphill? Uses lots of energy and is much easier on the knees :) It's what they recommended my Mum to do. She's overweight and getting on a bit, so her knees are giving her jip. You don't have to be sprinting along like a young fawn to make a difference. Cross trainers are also good. Hard on the thighs/calfs, fine for the knees :)
Even walking seems to be hurting at the mo, and I need to stop crossing my legs when I sit down as it's putting sideways pressure on my knees. Being tall sucks sometimes...

Suspended
im 17 years old. Im 12 & a half stone :(

Looking to lose a stone and a half by April 13th for my 18th birthday!

Decided to cut all the crap out of my diet

3 Bacon Sandwiches - Can of Diet Coke
2 can's of diet pepsi
1 bottle of diet coke
3 bottles of ribena
2 large sausage rolls
2 chicken fajita tortilla wraps
Steak & Chargrilled MCCoys
4 Fredo bars
1 bottle of Orange Lucozade

Thats what im basically get through aday :(

Wish me luck!

Associate
Your body will crave sugars and you will get huge sugar lows... after 5 days or so your body will rebalance.

It does appear you eat utter rubbish though. Can you cook?

I find dieting brings out the chef in most people.

Soldato
Bitchplz said:
and crave chocolate :(
Now this I can sympathise with. I used to eat quite a bit of chocolate a few years ago and then just decided to cut it out totally. At the beginning it was quite hard but it soon dies away and now I don't really crave it any more apart from on the odd occasion. And if I do want some then I'll have some :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bitchplz said:
Decided to cut all the crap out of my diet

3 Bacon Sandwiches - Can of Diet Coke
2 can's of diet pepsi
1 bottle of diet coke
3 bottles of ribena
2 large sausage rolls
2 chicken fajita tortilla wraps
Steak & Chargrilled MCCoys
4 Fredo bars
1 bottle of Orange Lucozade

Thats what im basically get through aday :(

So... you're just going to eat chicken fajitas from now on? :p

I haven't added up the calories, but that's got to be more than 3000, mostly from sugar and fat. I've started planning my meals and recording the calories I'm taking in on a spreadsheet. I haven't really changed my diet, just rearranged when I eat and the amounts, with an increase in water and protein. Take a look here and see if you think it might be something that benefits you. :)

Suspended
Wow thanks thats really helpful :) But is that seriously all you have?

As i work 7:30 - 5:15 Monday - Friday i find myself eating junk at work.

Then getting home, get changed, go out with some friends then home in bed by 10- 10.30pm. Never leaves me much time for exercising or a proper meal :(

I have started doing 75 sit ups a night before i sleep.
I play football for 3 hours every sunday

And looking to start weights.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bitchplz said:
Wow thanks thats really helpful :) But is that seriously all you have?

Protein is a natural appetite suppressant, and by spacing the meals out it actually feels like I'm eating more then I am - the only time I feel hungry is after eating when I get home from work as my body is expecting twice the calories it's getting because I used to eat huge meals for dinner. The hunger goes away after about half an hour though when my body has started to process what I've eaten, knowing it won't be getting any more :D.

When I've lost the fat I'm trying for, I'll be eating closer to 2500 calories a day, and maybe more if I increase my weights regime. I've also cut out most sugar from my diet, but that was just a personal preference.

Bitchplz said:
As i work 7:30 - 5:15 Monday - Friday i find myself eating junk at work.

Packing a lunch the night before is the way forward - if I don't I go straight to the vending machine which is unhealthy and costs a packet. I get through a loaf of bread + fillings throughout the week, maybe costing £6-£7, compared to buying rubbish at work at £3-£4 a day.

Last edited:
Suspended
Well im think im going to do a little research in whats good and whats not :D

Draw up a list (ruff guide) of what i should be eating.

Work out a light exercise regime.

And start eating breakfast.....

How much weight are you losing a week if you dont mind me aksing?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bitchplz said:
How much weight are you losing a week if you dont mind me aksing?

I won't know until my Sunday weigh-in as this is the first week on the new plan. I was 66.7kg last Sunday morning and I'm hoping to lose around a pound a week, which is modest but realistic as I'm not currently overweight. Hopefully the scales will show about a half-kilo drop, but it's going to be my waistline I'm watching rather than my weight.

Suspended
I see.

Im looking for around 3pounds a week drop.

Which i feel i can do if i make sure im doing a lot of exercise.

I drink a lot of diet coke... i mean a lot. It contains like 1 calorie but is it good for a diet or not?

Because of the chemicals i wondered if that could affect how much weight i lose? :)

Associate
Diet Coke... hmm. Sweeteners which are never good. However, it does contain caffeine and caffeine does suppress the appetite (I'd imagine the bloaty fizzy thing would help too).

However, no, it's not that great for you.

Back
Top Bottom