OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Big Chris said:
I found a mystery batch of Kit-Kat Chunkys hidden in the pantry today, no idea where they came from but I've hidden two of them in my stomach for safe keeping, happen that I should be tempted to gorge on them.
:eek: I'm shocked and appalled! You're supposed to be eating HEALTHILY :p

Soldato
I was extremely stressed out today and so was very bad, I had a kit-kat chunky and a bag of thai sweet chilli sensations with my sandwiches at lunch then I just ate half a chicken fried rice and portion of prawn crackers from the chineese :(. Tomorrow will hopefully be a better day because i'm quite annoyed at myself and i've not touched anything sweet since last sunday.

Soldato
Yeah healthy stuff, me and my eldest had this tonight with a bit of roasted chicken/Quorn, better than chocolate.

veg.JPG

Mind you she had a cornetto for afters.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Cybermyk said:
Yeah healthy stuff, me and my eldest had this tonight with a bit of roasted chicken/Quorn, better than chocolate.

That looks damn tasty. I had an inch thick steak, and jacket potato with beans on - only 600 calories. :cool:

Soldato
Cybermyk said:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cybermyk/veg.JPG

Mind you she had a cornetto for afters.
Mmmmmmmmm, I love oven roasted veg, especially corgettes, onion, peppers and tomato! Looks delicious. Will have to put a sprig of Rosemary/thyme (can't tell which) on mine next time :)

Soldato
www.nutritiondata.com

My tea tonight was quite fatty in that i roasted a pork joint and served it up with seasoning, had only 3 new potatoes with my serving though. Along with about a ton of vegetables.
I'm also drinking so much water that there is talk of reclassifying me as an ocean.

Soldato
Lostkat said:
:eek: I'm shocked and appalled! You're supposed to be eating HEALTHILY :p
hehe, my diet has actually improved dramatically in the last couple of weeks compared to the last 5 or so years. I think it's important to treat yourself every now and again though. Anyway, I ate an apple about an hour afterwards so they cancel eachother out surely...;)

Permabanned
Lostkat said:
EAT YOUR DAMN BREAKFAST, FOOLS!! :p ;)

Welcome and good luck to all the new comers, and KEEP GOING to everyone else!!

you know what, i dont get this breakfast thing, i eat it and i STILL feel hungry after an hour or two :confused: (i eat cereal or break & egg)

PS> i bet you left ONE smiley icon out because the software gave you the "too many icon" error :p

Soldato
Freak_boy said:
you know what, i dont get this breakfast thing, i eat it and i STILL feel hungry after an hour or two :confused: (i eat cereal or break & egg)
It's not supposed to fill you up all day, and I often have some carrot sticks or an apple at around 10:30am (eat breaky at 06:30) because I'm feeling peckish. Just read what Gordy said earlier on as I can't be bothered to repeat him :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Lostkat said:
Well, the new Shock Absorber impact level 4 got a huge thumbs up tonight :)

Glad to hear it LK! ;) There used to be a girl in my old gym who did not have enough support - on the treadmill I thought she was going to knock herself out! :eek:

Unfortunately I don't have that problem :(

Went to the gym this morning for second half of fitness assessment (harsh man... esp after going out last night, leaving reasonably cos of having to get up early, caught early train - NEVER happens) arrived at gym at 815 and the trainer was training someone, which was ok as my slot was 830, so waved at him at 835 - he showed no sign of finishing with the other girl, so I went on the weights. At 840 he came over and said he'd be a couple of minutes, I said I was going to be late for work, dont worry and basically stormed off.

It annoyed me as he was obviously seeing this other girl to get her interested in PT sessions (they give free assessments which gives you a basic programme, then plug plug plug their Personal Training aswell - which obviously you have to pay for) and has now lost a potential customer i.e. me.

/rant

Oh well..

Disadvantage: I start friday in a bad mood
Advantage: Feel more awake for it

Sorry for the rant guys :(

Well done to everyone and their weight loss - everyone keep up the good work!!!

BB x

Soldato
Belle, cheer up.

You say you started friday in a bad mood, but just think it's the weekend :D

You guys are making some great progress, but remember if you are going to the gym, that gym's aren't for everyone, sometimes working out at home is better.

You can workout at home in your own time etc...

Soldato
Freak_boy said:

Thats the idea!

The fact that you feel hungry a little while after breakfast is a very good thing and just proves that you are keeping your metabolism high. If you skipped breakfast you would find yourself losing your apetite as your metabolism slows. You might think "hey thats a good thing, i won't feel as hungy" but believe me it isn't. You will be burning far less calories in any given day by skipping breakfast.

Breakfast kick starts your metabolism in the morning. Your body has been starving for a good 8 hours and having breakfast forces your body to start burning calories again.

Last edited:
Soldato
Gordy always has spot on advice :D

I always eat porridge which keeps me going until about 11 when i just top up by having a milkshake and cereal bar, and i'm sorted until lunchtime, between lunch and dinner an apple tides me over.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Aruffell said:
Belle, cheer up.

You say you started friday in a bad mood, but just think it's the weekend :D

You guys are making some great progress, but remember if you are going to the gym, that gym's aren't for everyone, sometimes working out at home is better.

You can workout at home in your own time etc...

Cheers mate yes I know it is the weekend! woo hoo! :D

Just a bit annoying you know... they are supposed to help you and all.

Oh well!

BB x

Soldato
BrightonBelle said:
Cheers mate yes I know it is the weekend! woo hoo! :D

Just a bit annoying you know... they are supposed to help you and all.

Oh well!

BB x

Most personal trainers I have met are useless. Half of them can't even benchpress properly. There are of course some very good ones but for the most part they just take a week long course and then proceed to dish out awful advice.

I've even heard PT's tell women not to squat or their legs will get too big! :rolleyes:

In my opinion save the money you spend on a PT and do the research yourself. Check out this site, its a fantastic resource for women.

http://www.stumptuous.com/cms/index.php

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom