OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Bitchplz said:
I see.

Im looking for around 3pounds a week drop.

Which i feel i can do if i make sure im doing a lot of exercise.

I drink a lot of diet coke... i mean a lot. It contains like 1 calorie but is it good for a diet or not?

Because of the chemicals i wondered if that could affect how much weight i lose? :)

Diet Coke is far better for dieting than standard Coke thats for sure. normal coke is absolutely loaded with sugar.

However don't be mistaken in to thinking it is healthy. The sweetner they use is called Aspartame and has been linked to lots of health issues. Though It wont effect your weight loss negatively.

I'm hoping Coca Cola switches to Splenda* soon instead of Aspartame. I think it's already happening in the US.

Anyway I suggest you take a look through my guide in the sports forum. It is a beginners bodybuilding guide but there is a section on losing fat (cutting) and the information applies to anyone, not just bodybuilders. Might give you a few tips.

Here's the link...

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17401146

*Edit: I actually meant Splenda not nutrasweet. I'm a scatterbrain today. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Bitchplz said:
im 17 years old. Im 12 & a half stone :(

Looking to lose a stone and a half by April 13th for my 18th birthday!

Decided to cut all the crap out of my diet

3 Bacon Sandwiches - Can of Diet Coke
2 can's of diet pepsi
1 bottle of diet coke
3 bottles of ribena
2 large sausage rolls
2 chicken fajita tortilla wraps
Steak & Chargrilled MCCoys
4 Fredo bars
1 bottle of Orange Lucozade

Thats what im basically get through aday :(

Wish me luck!

Woah! Sugar fest! Go for it I say - cutting out all that has got to be a good thing.
I've started back at the gym again after a lull before christmas. I go 2 or 3 times a week for about an hour a time. 30 mins cardio, 30 weights.

I've also changed my diet a bit recently. Not sure how many calories i have tho to be honest....anyone know? I basically have this on a typical day:
breakfast - no breakfast most days
lunch - chicken/meat s/wich for lunch with low fat crisps and a muller corner
dinner - pasta w/chicken, sauce and veg

My main vice is booze I think - probably between a min of 5 and max of 10 per week (usually on Fri/Sat)

I've cut out a lot of frozen food such as pizza, chips etc

Last edited:
Soldato
sist_si said:
Woah! Sugar fest! Go for it I say - cutting out all that has got to be a good thing.
I've started back at the gym again after a lull before christmas and i've also changed my diet a bit recently. Not sure how many calories i have tho to be honest....anyone know? I basically have this on a typical day:
breakfast - no breakfast most days
lunch - chicken/meat s/wich for lunch with low fat crisps and a muller corner
dinner - pasta w/chicken, sauce and veg

My main vice is booze I think - probably between a min of 5 and max of 10 per week (usually on Fri/Sat)

I've cut out a lot of frozen food such as pizza, chips etc

Well your biggest issue is not having a breakfast. By skipping breakfast you are seriously hindering your fat loss. Your metabolism will slow down drastically because of it.

Secondly, you are not eating enough. Looks to be around 1000-1200 calories per day. Again this will cause your metabolism to slow even further. You are basically putting your body in to starvation mode. Which means it will store fat far more easily when you do eat.

Sure you will lose weight doing this but a lot of it will be muscle. Not only that but you will hit a plateau with regards to your fat loss very quickly due to your metabolism shutting down.

How much do you weigh? Male/Female?

Read my guide I linked to in my last post. You should be eating 5-6 times per day while dieting in order to keep your metabolism up. Metabolism speed is the biggest obstacle we have to face while dieting. Our bodies slow it down naturally to compensate for lack of food. Obviously once it has slowed down we burn less calories per day and therefore have to reduce our calorie intake even further. It's a vicious circle so you have to do everything in your power to prevent it from slowing in the first place.

Associate
GordyR said:
Well your biggest issue is not having a breakfast. By skipping breakfast you are seriously hindering your fat loss. Your metabolism will slow down drastically because of it.

Secondly, you are not eating enough. Looks to be around 1000-1200 calories per day. Again this will cause your metabolism to slow even further. You are basically putting your body in to starvation mode. Which means it will store fat far more easily when you do eat.

Sure you will lose weight doing this but a lot of it will be muscle. Not only that but you will hit a plateau with regards to your fat loss very quickly due to your metabolism shutting down.

How much do you weigh? Male/Female?

Read my guide I linked to in my last post. You should be eating 5-6 times per day while dieting in order to keep your metabolism up. Metabolism speed is the biggest obstacle we have to face while dieting. Our bodies slow it down naturally to compensate for lack of food. Obviously once it has slowed down we burn less calories per day and therefore have to reduce our calorie intake even further. It's a vicious circle so you have to do everything in your power to prevent it from slowing in the first place.

sorry - should have said - I'm male, 28 and prob about 17 stone
I'll check out your guide. Cheers for that! Gotta start having breakfasts!

Suspended
Wow very very good guide! Im actually printing it out as we speak :)

A have a question though.

Would it best for someone of my age *17* to cut down slowly as im still growing?

And start exercising slowly?

Or cut out all the sugar and chocolate crap and start intense exercise :D

Soldato
GordyR said:
However don't be mistaken in to thinking it is healthy. The sweetner they use is called Aspartame and has been linked to lots of health issues. Though It wont effect your weight loss negatively.

I'm hoping Coca Cola switches to nutrasweet soon instead of Aspartame. I think it's already happening in the US.
Never realised that it was actually linked to issues, I thought the whole problem was they couldn't disprove it wasn't a bad thing. I also drink way too much diet coke, but since I've started my diet I've dropped that down to a can once every 1-2 days.

Out of interest I keep getting people tell me that fizzy drinks as a whole are bad for you, does anyone know why?

Soldato
GSXRMovistar said:
Never realised that it was actually linked to issues, I thought the whole problem was they couldn't disprove it wasn't a bad thing. I also drink way too much diet coke, but since I've started my diet I've dropped that down to a can once every 1-2 days.

Aspartame has been linked to all sorts of things. Even leukaemia! Although how much faith you put in these "studies" is another matter entirely.

GSXRMovistar said:
Out of interest I keep getting people tell me that fizzy drinks as a whole are bad for you, does anyone know why?

Anything is bad in excess. I wouldn't worry about them too much to be honest. The people who are probably preaching about fizzy drinks being bad are likely doing far worse things to their bodies anyway. Just keep everything in moderation and you'll be fine.

Associate
I keep hindering my fat loss by waking up too late and not getting enough meals in. Don't think I've kept to plan since monday. Tuesday missed last few meals with going out drinking, wednesday too hungover to eat/cook it all and today I slept in as was tired from lack of sleep tuesday night.

Time to get back on track! :)

Legs today. Full olympic style squats, leg press, leg extentions and calf raises. Should wake me up a bit :p

Soldato
Matblack said:
I've often wondered whether if someone drank enough fizzy water their pee would be fizzy :confused:

MB
Mine isn't and all I drink is Fanta Z. I don't really like the taste of normal Fanta now, taste far too rich.

Edit: Mine doesn't look it. I've never actually really checked, just a heads up there incase anyone was wondering :D

Man of Honour
Matblack said:
I've often wondered whether if someone drank enough fizzy water their pee would be fizzy :confused:

MB

Nope, its impossible. as there's no direct connection between your stomach and your bladder. Everything in wee has to pass though the blood, unlike the intestine path..

Although drinking lots of fizzy drinks is meant to make you you pass wind more. Most is burped back up but not all off it..

Soldato
momentous day for me today in that it is now 1 month since i last drank coca cola. Water all the way (and the odd glass of red wine).

Associate
Well I might aswell join in,

I'm not on a diet, I'm just changing my life around.

So far:
Date Weight Body Fat

08/01 20.05lb 56.6%
15/01 20.03lb 56.2%
22/01 20.00lb 55.4%
26/01 19.11lb 54.8%

I've just been eating healthy, five fruit a day, no fizzy drinks just water ,but for two cups of coffee a day.

I control what I have for brekfast and lunch, but as my mother prepares tea I just try and have as much healthy food with little red meat as possible. No chocolate or other treats, just a healthy snak option.

I walk a fair bit in the day, and havent had a chance too do much extra exercise at the end of the month as I'm off on holiday for a week Sat morning.

I'm hoping for around 2lb a week as I dont want too loose too much too fast and get all the nasty body side effect of stretch marks and saggy skin. I'm hoping when I loost a few stone to get back into the swimming pool as I was a excellent swimmer, but I'm far too slef concius too go near a swimming pool. Then the gym too.

My work clothers already start to feel a little loose, so here to the marathon not the sprint!

My goal would be around 14 months from now to be my goal weight of around the 12-13 stone, then a once in a life time trip to the US of A to follow, as I'm hoping my hate of the heat goes with the weight. Then I'm going to start training with weights to get some mussle going!

Also this
welshdragon.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Well, the new Shock Absorber impact level 4 got a huge thumbs up tonight :) Very impressed with it, and my lady lumps felt much cooler and less sweaty (sorry guys, women sweat too) when I'd finished on the running machine. I'm also convinced that my 2 new "You're faster than you think" Nike t-shirts have increased my bhp and top speed :D

To whoever said about chocolate - replace it with nice fruit. You soon find that you don't actually miss it anymore. I saw a Kit Kat in the vending machine yesterday and felt nothing for it :eek:

Also, just to stress one of Gordy's tips, and reiterate my top tip at the start of the thread:
EAT YOUR DAMN BREAKFAST, FOOLS!! :p ;)

Welcome and good luck to all the new comers, and KEEP GOING to everyone else!!

Soldato
Lostkat said:
I saw a Kit Kat in the vending machine yesterday and felt nothing for it :eek:...
I found a mystery batch of Kit-Kat Chunkys hidden in the pantry today, no idea where they came from but I've hidden two of them in my stomach for safe keeping, happen that I should be tempted to gorge on them.

Back
Top Bottom