OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Freak_boy said:
lol cheers! well i dont know how to do it the same way! :o lol, yesterday it was 38 and today it was 38.3! oh well. thanks
Measuring it every day is going to achieve absolutely zero! :) You don't lose inches overnight. I've lost count of the number of times people have said in this thread "Don't weigh yourself every day". The same goes for measuring. Every week is even a bit overkill for measuring imo. I'd probably do it once a month.

Man of Honour
I only started it this week, thats why I was wondering what people thought of it :)

I'm bringing down the amoutn I eat overall slowly, but I used to eat LOTS and its going to take some time. Thats why I've got raisins and nuts and stuff to nibble when I get hungry, as otherwise I'd be out to burger king, etc.

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
I only started it this week, thats why I was wondering what people thought of it :)

I'm bringing down the amoutn I eat overall slowly, but I used to eat LOTS and its going to take some time. Thats why I've got raisins and nuts and stuff to nibble when I get hungry, as otherwise I'd be out to burger king, etc.

Yeh same as me, its coming up to the end of my second week, I'm allready eating less...

If you get hungry try something lowfat with protein in it, as its a appetite supressor. Or the ryvita thing is good I know a few people on here are using that.
Also I think more people should post reciepes and snacks. Gives all of us ideas..

Soldato
Gilly said:

Well you're not trying to lose any weight are you? You're just trying to eat healthier, and it looks like you're doing a good job at it. You're also a very active person who plays footy a lot. The diet you're showing is a huge change from your normal diet (from what I know about you), so you're certainly going in the right direction imo. If you find that it's making you put on weight or something, just modify it. It's not as if you'll have any trouble losing it again.

I'm no dietician though :)

Man of Honour
Lostkat said:
Well you're not trying to lose any weight are you? You're just trying to eat healthier, and it looks like you're doing a good job at it. You're also a very active person who plays footy a lot. The diet you're showing is a huge change from your normal diet (from what I know about you), so you're certainly going in the right direction imo. If you find that it's making you put on weight or something, just modify it. It's not as if you'll have any trouble losing it again.

I'm no dietician though :)

In that case what your eating is probably spot on..

Man of Honour
Actually I would like to lose a bit of weight. Its nothing extreme, maybe half a stone, and I'm in no rush to do it.

A healthy diet is much more important though.

As Kate says I'm a very active person anyway :)

Soldato
Absolutely agreed Mat, which is why I'm trying to do it the "proper" way, rather than going on Weight Watchers or Atkins like everyone else at work.

It's working anyway. I haven't worn the trousers I have on atm since before Christmas, because they were mega tight, and uncomfortable. I've run out of trouser options this week, so I tried these, and the waist is all baggy. They fit great :D Well chuffed! RESULT!

I've said it before and I'll say it again we can do it! :D

Soldato
Well after reading most of the posts in this thread I find it nothing short of inspirational and with some fantastic advice.

I am setting myself a target of losing 4 stone over the course of the next 12 months. I have tried all sorts of diets and find that like most people diets are often fads. Low Carb works for me but it is not sustainable. What I have adopted is the slimming world way of food combining as a life change really. I have tried it before and it works wonders. Not to say it will work for everyone but horses for courses. Since starting on Monday I have lost 2lb's dont feel as bloated and in general just feel "better". Better yet I dont feel as though I am missing out on the bad stuff that I eat.

I have started preparing food in advance and freezing it so there is no excuse to come home and ring the Pizza Dude because I cant be bothered to cook.

Im not really one for going to the gym as it bores me to death. However once my knee is fully functional I will be at 5-a-side twice a week and Kung Fu once a week.

Soldato
Loki said:
Im not really one for going to the gym as it bores me to death.
I was the same. The trick is finding a good mate to join you, and it becomes almost a social event. We have lots of banter during the workout, and **** about in the sauna afterwards.

Dont mind the gym these days :)

Soldato
Otacon said:
I was the same. The trick is finding a good mate to join you, and it becomes almost a social event. We have lots of banter during the workout, and **** about in the sauna afterwards.

Ive not really considered that before actually. Got a mate who keep asking me to come along to the Gym so that is a distinct possibility

Soldato
Just took delivery for the Classic foreman grill and a weighing scale that stores, your last 7 activities, water weight, target weight etc . . . It's pretty good!

Roll on next week!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I couldn't last at the gym without my generic mp3 player, especially since the televisions are constantly jammed on Kiss or some other chart music channel. I can't hear 'Gasolina' nearly enough.

Soldato
OP
I haven't checked in for a while, mainly due to embaressment, I cheated at the weekend and haven't got back into my routine :(

Not to worry I've got it sorted and although i have gained a bit its mostly water weight and I'm still aiming to get back to the gym sooner rather than later :)

MB

Soldato
PeterNem said:
My last few gym sessions have felt pretty successful - my stamina is definately improving as I find it easier to acheive my goals on cardio.

How much truth is there in the stuff I keep reading which says to keep CV and weight stuff on seperate days? Is this something that only applies to people looking to seriously build muscle or does this apply to anyone? Only reason I ask is going down the gym for just 15 mins to do weights would feel a bit of a waste of the effort to get there and pay for parking etc.

Good cardio workout there. There's some truth in keeping them seperate in regards to gaining optimum performance and results. However I'm of the opinion that sometimes we read into things too much. While a performance athlete or bodybuilder needs to measure everything to the nth degree the same is not true of the average joe looking to shed a few lbs and gain an increase in general fitness.

The simple fact is that most people are certainly not going to induce any significant catabolism or other negative effects from training the 2 together. I imagine the same goes for weight lifting splits etc. Fair enough a hard gainer might want to train each body part just once a week however for most people a full body workout 3x weekly can work wonders.

With regards to your specific workout it looks ok, maybe move the weights to the beginning of your session as a lot of people find that while they can perform cardio after lifting they find it very difficult to manage it the other way round. Aslo why not try throwing in a slightly longer weights session on one of the days? it burns calories at a decent weight and building and maintaining muscle mass would raise your base metabolic rate.

Soldato
Otacon said:

Excellent advice. I find if my ladies are flagging hopping on the machine next to them and working with them peps them right up. They can never believe how much quicker the hour goes with someone chatting to them.

Soldato
Ok so this week has been kinda good. I've been to the gym 3 times and its getting much easier. Heart rate is lowering and the x-trainer is getting easier. I've also cut lunch down to 2 frosties bars. So brekkie is 2x frosties bars, lunch is the same and tea is usually bacon in bread rolls, chips and peas. I need to sort out my evening meals but at the mo we have some bread rolls that will probably be wasted if I don't eat them. Anyway. Even though I've been to the gym and cut down on my food I've put on nearly 800g. So my eating is down from last week, exercise is up and yet so is my weight?

I'm finding it hard living with my parents as my Dad always feels like he has to treat us. Hot cross buns, biscuits and such. Thankfully he hasn't bought any Pringles. I don't drink or eat chocolate so Pringles are my only vice.

Associate
Roberta said:
Excellent advice. I find if my ladies are flagging hopping on the machine next to them and working with them peps them right up. They can never believe how much quicker the hour goes with someone chatting to them.

Would never work with me - I generally only have enough breath to keep going, if I started to chat I'd never finish let alone hit my tagets

Soldato
Takhisis said:
Would never work with me - I generally only have enough breath to keep going, if I started to chat I'd never finish let alone hit my tagets

Aha, that's where the cunning comes in. A lot of my clients are women in their 50's and by doing the talk test I can tell how hard they're working. If they can string a whole sentence together I whack the pace up!

Back
Top Bottom