OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Associate
Well no gym today due to me donating blood after work instead

My record of what I eat and drink and what exercises I do doesn't seem to be flagging up too much at the mo other than I don't drink enough water, I either eat too much or not enough and when I have a bad day I have a really bad day

Man of Honour
I'm keen on keeping my fitness up. When in the UK I go to the gym and play squash fairly regularly, however as a lot of you may know I spend a lot of my time abroad, often in little towns with not much around. My diet is very good and varied and I'm not trying to lose any weight really, just keep in shape and not let myself "go" so to speak. Obviously, owing to the fact I am in hotels, I'll eat in restaurants and well restaurant food every day is quite rich and a bit OTT, certainly day in day out. I'm not really much of a runner - I can do squash/tennis etc... but long distance running really really isn't my thing. I'm a bit short of ideas as to what I can do when abroad. I suppose going for a long walk everyday, or doing some pressups, lunges and those sort of exercises - but I wanted to run it past you guys and see if you have any suggestions.

A week of stuffing my face with only gym over the weekend is not really that great. I am quite active during work, running up and down stairs, and doing a lot of active work, but I just don't feel it's enough.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
AcidHell2 said:
just got one of those flashy scales. Anyone not what bodyfat and water % is normall..

I've got some of those and they put my body fat at over 20%, which is bull. I only use them for weighing myself now. I seem to recall that 8%-19% is 'healthy', but I couldn't say for sure.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
just got one of those flashy scales. Anyone not what bodyfat and water % is normall..

Be wary of trusting the bodyfat readings on them mate. They use a technique known as bio-electrical impedence and are notorious for giving out erroneous results. The amount of water that your body is carrying can effect the results to a ridiculous degree. Calipers used by someone properly trained in taking the measurements are far more accurate.

Anyway in response to your question. The average bodyfat for a male is around the 15-18% mark, though a far larger range is considered 'healthy'.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. just sensible eating really, cut out all the rubbish made sure i got enough fruit and vegetables. I only drink water now except for when i'm on a night out I used to drink a hell of a lot of coke and i think cutting that out has made a difference.
Coupled with 30mins of cardio and bodyweight exercises 5x a week.

I'm pretty pleased but there is still some way to go.

Man of Honour
I'd love to be back up to my 15st that I was when I was playing a lot of rugby and basketball - but I can't put the training in to get back to that shape, and there's no point in being like that if you don't use it. It's the one thing i miss about university - I was so fit then... didn't even drink that much tbh. I'll stick to my 14.5st which is ok if I can keep it from being a bit wobbly ;)

I'm really impressed and happy for all of you doing so well. I know the dedication it takes - keep it up and keep smiling. :) Small steps at a time and all that. I still can't believe Gilly is eating salads! :o

Soldato
*creeps into thread*

Wow, amazing thread guys! I've been a regular lurker in here since it was born, and the progress is amazing! I've been on a secret weight loss drive for a few months now, and have managed a little over 2 stone in that time (3.5 stone down from my worst after having rugrat number 2) I've still got plenty to lose, but I've plateaued and cant seem to kick start things again. I've been the same weight for about 4 weeks now (which is actually pretty good. Am having impressive home issues atm, personal issues would in the past have had me running for the fridge, I'm relieved I seem to be winning that battle at least!)

So here I am, looking for an extra kick up the bum/bit of inspiration/bit of competition!! lol :)

Soldato
Pebbles said:
*creeps into thread*

Wow, amazing thread guys! I've been a regular lurker in here since it was born, and the progress is amazing! I've been on a secret weight loss drive for a few months now, and have managed a little over 2 stone in that time (3.5 stone down from my worst after having rugrat number 2) I've still got plenty to lose, but I've plateaued and cant seem to kick start things again. I've been the same weight for about 4 weeks now (which is actually pretty good. Am having impressive home issues atm, personal issues would in the past have had me running for the fridge, I'm relieved I seem to be winning that battle at least!)

So here I am, looking for an extra kick up the bum/bit of inspiration/bit of competition!! lol :)
/me kicks up the bum

GET TO IT!!!! :p

Well done for losing what you've lost so far, that's excellent. You're obviously doing the right thing. Are you doing any exercise? That might be the extra bit of a shove you need to get you off your plateau.

Back
Top Bottom