OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
OP
holly35 said:
Well after my wokrout last night, i woke up to a nice flat toned tummy this morning! I weighed myself but no luck!
Starting Weight:10'4
Target Weight:9'7
Current Weight:10'4!

For Breakfast this morning I Had:
2 wheatabix
1 slice of Wholemeal bread with extra light Philadelphia
glass of orange juice, cup of green tea, and water.
1 banana!

Your only just starting out, it'll go and you said yourself that your tummy feels flater which can only be a good thing. Remember the scale is not the only thing in life, when you meet people they don't weigh you, they look at you and if you look good who cares if you weight 8st or 80st? :)

The other thing that I find is that if I work out hard then I can be up on the scale the next day. I am led to believe that muscle takes on water after exercise to repair itself, once this is done the water is droped again, so your body is probably makeing muscle which is a good thing!

MB

Associate
Matblack said:
Your only just starting out, it'll go and you said yourself that your tummy feels flater which can only be a good thing. Remember the scale is not the only thing in life, when you meet people they don't weigh you, they look at you and if you look good who cares if you weight 8st or 80st? :)

The other thing that I find is that if I work out hard then I can be up on the scale the next day. I am led to believe that muscle takes on water after exercise to repair itself, once this is done the water is droped again, so your body is probably makeing muscle which is a good thing!

MB

oh I know Im not going to lose weight over night lol but I have been eating sensibly and exercising for the last week or so!
I think it could be due to heavy muscles personally :D
Hopefully in a month or so I will notice the difference!

Soldato
holly35 said:
Well after my wokrout last night, i woke up to a nice flat toned tummy this morning! I weighed myself but no luck!
Starting Weight:10'4
Target Weight:9'7
Current Weight:10'4!

For Breakfast this morning I Had:
2 wheatabix
1 slice of Wholemeal bread with extra light Philadelphia
glass of orange juice, cup of green tea, and water.
1 banana!

Thats a good healthy breakfast Holly although you could really do with a little bit of protein in there. Maybe drop the banana and have a boiled egg?

2 Weetabix (With milk?) - I would guess around 200
1 Slice wholemeal bread with extra light Philadelphia - Guess around 130
Orange Juice - approx 45
1 Banana - approx 100

TOTAL = 475

Those are very rough estimates off the top of my head.

At your weight I would estimate about 1500 calories per day would be ideal for you for healthy weightloss. The breakfast you described has just taken up a third of your calorie quota. This is fine if you are having three meals per day of 500 calories each (including what you are drinking) but in my opinion you would be better off splitting that 1500 calories in to around five meals per day rather than the traditional three. Doing so is superior for so many reasons and will aid your fatloss in the long run.

Last edited:
Soldato
holly35 said:
oh I know Im not going to lose weight over night lol but I have been eating sensibly and exercising for the last week or so!
I think it could be due to heavy muscles personally :D
Hopefully in a month or so I will notice the difference!

See my post above Holly... You might actually be eating more calories than you realise. Even though the food you are eating is healthy if your calories in equal your calories out then you won't lose any fat.

Your first week should be when you notice the biggest weight loss of all if you are doing everything correctly as you should lose quite a bit of water weight. :)

Soldato
Well my exercise regime for the week is as follows...

Monday - Swimming
Tuesday - Salsa dancing class
Wednesday - Aqua Aerobics
Thursday - Nothing as of yet ;)
Friday - Badminton

And I'm actually looking forward to it, hoping for another big loss come Monday :D

Soldato
It's about time I add my public support for my Piggy :)

She's trying really hard at this. Has given up some of the things she loves to eat and getting to the gym, even trying the classes which she hates. After hating one class she's got the guts to go out and try another.

I'm with you every step of the way to help you reach your goal :)

Good luck to everybody else in here too.

Soldato
Hey, really impressed with this thread guys, wish you all the best with your dieting. I am unhealthy, slightly overwait, and doing nothing about it. But at least this thread has got me thinking a little. Cheers!

Soldato
I weighed myself at the gym this morning. Only 2 days since I started but I want Mondays to be the day I weigh myself so it made sense to start that as of this week so I can continue it every week. I seem to have dropped 1 lb since saturday although am aware that the bigger period of time you take the more accurate the difference in weight will be.

Starting weight (21st Jan) - 19st 11
Current weight (23rd Jan) - 19st 10
Target weight (24th Jun) - 16st 9lbs

Current loss 1lb in 2 days
Loss to go 3st 1lb

Edit: I should add a rough plan of what I;ve been eating. I've not actually counted the calories and worked out the carb/protein/fat split yet, but some time this week when I've finished exams I plan to sit down and figure out a decent eating plan.

An average day so far (since Monday last week):

Breakfast:

3 weetabix with semi skimmed milk
banana

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch:
2 slices of wholemeal bread with turkey, lettuce and cucumber
Muller light yogurt
couple of clementines

Mid-afternoon:
2 slices of ryvita with a thin spread of light spreadable cheese

Dinner:
2 roast chicken breasts (no skin)
Large amount of veg (mixed brocoli, colliflour, carrots and peas)
small amount of gravey from powder

Evening:
apple or banana and another muller light yogurt if I'm peckish.

Last edited:
Associate
GordyR said:
Thats a good healthy breakfast Holly although you could really do with a little bit of protein in there. Maybe drop the banana and have a boiled egg?

2 Weetabix (With milk?) - I would guess around 200
1 Slice wholemeal bread with extra light Philadelphia - Guess around 130
Orange Juice - approx 45
1 Banana - approx 100

TOTAL = 475

Those are very rough estimates off the top of my head.

At your weight I would estimate about 1500 calories per day would be ideal for you for healthy weightloss. The breakfast you described has just taken up a third of your calorie quota. This is fine if you are having three meals per day of 500 calories each (including what you are drinking) but in my opinion you would be better off splitting that 1500 calories in to around five meals per day rather than the traditional three. Doing so is superior for so many reasons and will aid your fatloss in the long run.

hehe thanks for the tips :)
I havnt eaten the banana yet lol So atm it stands at 375ish, which isnt too bad.
I dont tend to snack in between meals, if I do I have fruit if it is avaliable! http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/calories/calorie_counter.htm this is helpful for looking at calorie amounts, I once found a website that worked out how many calories you lost from doing things like exercising, housework, sleeping, sitting, walking, running pretty much anything!!! I will try and find it!

edit: found it! http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.html there are so many different types of activities to see how many calories you can lose!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
PeterNem said:
An average day so far (since Monday last week):

Breakfast:

3 weetabix with semi skimmed milk
banana

Mid morning:
Apple

Lunch:
2 slices of wholemeal bread with turkey, lettuce and cucumber
Muller light yogurt
couple of clementines

Mid-afternoon:
2 slices of ryvita with a thin spread of light spreadable cheese

Dinner:
2 roast chicken breasts (no skin)
Large amount of veg (mixed brocoli, colliflour, carrots and peas)
small amount of gravey from powder

Evening:
apple or banana and another muller light yogurt if I'm peckish.

Sounds like a very rounded diet and quite similar to Body for Life, 6 small meals with complex carbs and avoiding white bread and white rice
icon14.gif
should work well for you :)

The only suggestion I would make is maybe you want to spread out you protein intake a bit, if you are lifting weights this will help to build muscle throughout the day and if you work out in the morning then your body will wait all day for that chicken ;)

MB

Last edited:
Soldato
Desmo said:
It's about time I add my public support for my Piggy :)

She's trying really hard at this. Has given up some of the things she loves to eat and getting to the gym, even trying the classes which she hates. After hating one class she's got the guts to go out and try another.

I'm with you every step of the way to help you reach your goal :)

Good luck to everybody else in here too.

If it wasn't for this man I would have caved in and given up by now :)

Soldato
Piggymon said:
If it wasn't for this man I would have caved in and given up by now :)
You two are so sweet :) Everyone needs a bit of support with something like this!
Good luck Piggy (and everyone else), I'm sure you'll be happy and confident again in no time!

Soldato
Weighed myself and i'm 11st 4.

Just had 2 scrambled eggs, some porridge, low fat yoghurt and a can of tuna.

It's a lot but i guess i'm happy with my weight, just want to shift the fat into muscle.

After working out for 2 hours last night i'm noticing a bit of difference in my abs.

Permabanned
Matblack said:
OOooo monday morning weigh ins are a good idea :)

I'm a bit of a scale complusive when I'm dieting and weigh everyday although I am aware of natural fluctuations ;)

I'm down 2lbs since this thread was started and 12lbs since 12/1/06 :)

Low carbing works fast but I don't recommend it, despite good results it does have some unpleasent but tolerable side effects. Can't wait to drop these other few lbs, up my complex carbs and get back in the gym, only another 12lbs to go before then :)

MB

yeah but if you weight at the same time everyday, you dont see the flunctuations. and also if you DO weigh at different times, the flunctions will decrease for eg:
day 1: 9am (100kg) 11am(100.2kg) 7pm(101kg)
day8 9am(99kg) 11am (99.2kg) 7pm (100kg) etc so the rate will come down...

I have started a diet too, hopefully i can keep at it this time! i like you (matt) tend to weigh myself whenever possible lol! but since last week i have lost 1kg.

I try to do as many steps per day as possible (near to 10,000) and then eat healthy stuff, drink 2ltr per day, eat 5 fruits per day. no crisp/choclates.. so lets hope i continue this...

Soldato
Just out of interest really. I'm 12st 3lb, 5'7" and fairly well built. I'm not really after any weight loss, it's just happening as I eat the same as Piggy :)

I don't really care too much what my scales say :p

Soldato
Desmo said:
Just out of interest really. I'm 12st 3lb, 5'7" and fairly well built. I'm not really after any weight loss, it's just happening as I eat the same as Piggy :)

I don't really care too much what my scales say :p

Why not just do what i'm doing? Turn any excess fat into muscle?

Back
Top Bottom