OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Your a damn sight lower than 19% in that pic!!!

haha well according to my BF scales (which ive used since i started loosing weight (16st 3lbs and 28.5% bf)) thats what it is.

ive not checked it out on any other scales tho. :D

i just thought since i spout a fair ammount of crap about good workouts/excersies i should put up picks to proove it works lol.

Man of Honour
OP
Ignore those scales, you might as well take a lump hammer to them as they'd be just as accurate split in 2. Those scales are crap and do not measure BF% accurately, it's impossible for them to do so.

The best way of doing it is to do it by callipers. From my experience I'd say you are well below 19% - though it does depend on your height, however even then I will say probably low teens.

Associate
Ignore those scales, you might as well take a lump hammer to them as they'd be just as accurate split in 2. Those scales are crap and do not measure BF% accurately, it's impossible for them to do so.

The best way of doing it is to do it by callipers. From my experience I'd say you are well below 19% - though it does depend on your height, however even then I will say probably low teens.

i know the scales arnt accurate i only use them as a guide to check im going in the right direction :p

but its nice to know its lower than expected!!

p.s. also im 6ft

Soldato
I personally think it's an improvement, you have kept the size and have got rid of some of the fat. Much more definition and shape. :)

Yeah, I would say your compositioning has changed. Although the back poses are different it seems to be filling out nicely, as a bit like me it was broad but a bit 'thin'.

Still a physique to be proud of.

I also envy your home gym. Me wants :(

Edit: Deltoids looking a bit fuller too.

Looking pretty boss there Mansize

Cheers guys. It really wasn't my aim at all to cut, and I didn't realise I had until I looked back that those earlier photos. I'm going to up my diet, carry on the 10 rep sets for a few weeks then hit the strength training hard!

Niir, are you still trying to lose weight because it really doesn't look like you do! You look like you're in a good position to start heading in the other direction.

Last edited:
Associate
Niir, are you still trying to lose weight because it really doesn't look like you do! You look like you're in a good position to start heading in the other direction.

ive pretty much stopped loosing weight (sitting at around 13st 7lb ~ for a few weeks)

also im not really going for the mass or bulk that some guys here are, im looking to drop my body fat a bit more and build my pecks a bit and also get better definition on my abs.

alongside this i also want to hit body weight bench press/deadlift and use 20kg dumbels on everything else.

Man of Honour
OP
I ought to do some pre and post AGVT pics. I'll have to sort them out! Can never take decent pics. BF is down by 2% so the cutting worked, but my aim will be a serious amount of mass/weight with a little sacrifice to BF, but keeping mid to high teens.

Soldato
Mansize I'd be pretty happy if I looked like that. How tall are you and whats your routine bench/squat/deadlift?

I'm about 5ft 8 I think. Recently I've been doing doing more reps than usual (10 instead of 5) with slow negatives, good form and using fat grips for most exercises. The result being having to drop the weight MASSIVELY. I work out every day (maybe 1 day off every 6 or so), as follows:

Day 1
Deadlift
Bicep curl
Planche pressup

Day 2
Shoulder press
Pull up

Day 3
Squat
Decline bench

Day 4
Flat bench
Chin up
Pistol squat

Day 5
Incline bench
Bent over rows

Sometimes I add an extra exercise on the end of my workouts depending on how I'm feeling. Usually just body weight things like dips, hammer-grip pull ups, more one-legged squats, stuff like that.

Freefaller, it'd certainly be interesting to see before and after pictures. What changes are you making to how you're approaching GVT (different exercises, more supplements, etc.) this time? If that's a question better asked in the gym rats thread then I'll post it there. I'm just interested in what you learnt from it the first time because I'm thinking of giving it ago after a few months of strength training later in the year.

(EDIT: In fact, yeah... I've posted in the gym rats thread instead.)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've been hearing a lot about these fat grips, they really sound brutally fun, and that they'll really help increase grip strength.

Do any of you have the site to order them from?

I'd be interested in trying them. I have no problem dropping the weight, if it means I get my grip strength up to to par.

Soldato
Thanks Benny

I'll order myself a pair and get cracking. :D

EDIT# Wow the site is efficient, I got my emails almost instantly.

Looking at the site it doesn't look at great, but from what I've heard 47 dollars is cheap enough :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks Benny

I'll order myself a pair and get cracking. :D

EDIT# Wow the site is efficient, I got my emails almost instantly.

Looking at the site it doesn't look at great, but from what I've heard 47 dollars is cheap enough :D

Yeah it's a bit ooo err, but they took my money and gave me the goods in good time so can't complain. Ignore clicking on the link for the free program etc. Unless you want it that is....It won't affect your order.

Soldato
Yeah the free program is abit basic, I know it all.

But it could come in handy for a friend of mine that's recently started taking an interest.

I'd love it if they arrive within the week, I'd like to give them a try tomorrow though :D

Soldato
They should do. Think mine was 3-4 days from order. Depends on Royal Fail and I think we might have had snow too.

Depending on the weight you're rowing they're good, very good infact. Though I find my grip fails at around 70/80KG with them, I go heavier but have to ditch them but use false grip instead. Considering I'm good for around 130-140KG without. Holding a thick bar when your hand is half open is very very difficult.

Soldato
I'd say the fact that you're holding it with your hand half open is what forces you to grip even more. Hence the reason they help build up arms so well.

It'll certainly give me an even harder challenge when it comes to deadlifting and rowing.

My grips never been to good, so even if I have to go back to basics for a bit, I don't mind if it all helps in the long run .

dun

dun

Soldato
Using a thicker bar does obviously change your grip and mix it up, and it depends what your goals are obviously. But I won't be buying a pair anytime soon :)

Back
Top Bottom