OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Well I have runners instead of lifting shoes so I take it they're not as good as lifting shoes.

Aren't you afraid of slipping or falling with socks on the normal floor?

I know I wouldn't risk it in my gym because it's a very shiny floor that looks and feels like your wreck yourself if even your shoes don't have great grip.

Soldato
Any flat soled shoe is a 'lifting' shoe.

In regards to grip you could buy some rubber matting and just take 2 squares with you and throw them down where you need them.

Soldato
So I could use my converse as lifting shoes? They have very flat soles.

Yup from what I've read around the net anything with a flat sole that doesn't compress is fine.

Google things like 'what shoes are good for deadlifting' and 'converse as a lifting shoe'. Plenty of information. You don't need to spend lots of money on 'lifting shoes' when barefoot or converse will suffice.

Shoes for high impact exercise, like running, however it is recommended as you want a compresable sole to absorb shock. All a running shoe will do during a powerlift is absorb the power you're putting out and make balancing harder. As well as putting you at a slightly wrong angle as your feet are tilted slightly foward.

Soldato
Seems a lot of weight lifting sites and people love using Chuck Taylor Converse shoes for lifting since the sole is incompressible and thin.

Considering they're only like 45 pound on the Big River site, it's not to bad at all.

I know the pair I have are more for running and have the gel insert in the sole, but I'll give them and just socks a try :D

Soldato
Cheaper still are just the plimsole things from H&M/office etc. about 10-20 quid and they fill the "has flat, thin sole" gap for you, and you don't have to wear converses ;)

Man of Honour
OP
Cheers dude. Although I've only gone up by 30kg in just over 1.5 years I've been working on my technique/form a lot, and it's amazing how quickly it helps you get better.

I'm chuffed that I was able to do it without straps too.

Soldato
I don't have much choice over the music, but I guess I need to up the weight a little for my next attempt?! :p

My 1RM deadlift usually takes around 2 - 4 seconds to complete the rep. That's a full on all out effort.

I think you need to bang some more weight on and brace yourself for an excruciatingly slow and exhausting rep :D

Associate
i dont have piccy yet but, tomo will be the first day of my training again, im going to philippines in april and want to look better than i do now, so im gonna start an intense training for the next 2 months.
will measure myself and take pics before and after.

any reccommendations on gaining weight and building fast?

Back
Top Bottom