OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
Just a quick progress pic over the last month and a bit, between these 2 pics I had a week of heavy drinking crap eating and non gym attendence due to an old friend visiting.

Also for the last 4days I've been using a PSMF style diet to drop as much water and fat weight as possible due to a course I'm doing next week which I only found out about on sunday. Its been no where near as harsh as I expected and so far has had the desired effect.

Associate
rite so ive been lifting for bout a year now and have seen some results but thats not why im posting.

After doing a BF caliper test i came out at 15% and i would like to drop this down so that i can see my abs.

anybody suggest how i can lower my BF down ?
i currently work out 4 days a week but its mostly weights not cardio,
and finally im worried that by losing BF i might lose strength/muslce is this true?

many thanks will upload pics soon

Associate
Just a quick progress pic over the last month and a bit, between these 2 pics I had a week of heavy drinking crap eating and non gym attendence due to an old friend visiting.

Also for the last 4days I've been using a PSMF style diet to drop as much water and fat weight as possible due to a course I'm doing next week which I only found out about on sunday. Its been no where near as harsh as I expected and so far has had the desired effect.

Can definately see an improvement.

Proof you dont exactly need a clean diet to make progress, calories are always the main point in terms of food, clean or junk you will still grow/lose weight :)

Associate
Haven't posted in this thread in a while. Progress has been a little slow if i'm honest. Anyway, here are a couple of pics.

12thFeb003resize.jpg

Yes, abs are tensed :(
20thFeb004resize.jpg

Had my 17th birthday last friday :D

Currently sitting at 80kg at 6foot, comment/critique welcome :)

Last edited:

dun

dun

Soldato
Haven't posted in this thread in a while. Progress has been a little slow if i'm honest. Anyway, here are a couple of pics.

Yes, abs are tensed :(

Had my 17th birthday last friday :D

Currently sitting at 80kg at 6foot, comment/critique welcome :)

Wow. Looked good until I read your age then really good. Forearms looking really thick, good arm structure in general. Shoulders and traps looking good. Lats don't look as good as the rest but I would hazard a guess its the way you are posing (arched back and pinching your shoulder blades together?). Overall very impressive for your age mate. What measurements you at right now?

Associate
Wow. Looked good until I read your age then really good. Forearms looking really thick, good arm structure in general. Shoulders and traps looking good. Lats don't look as good as the rest but I would hazard a guess its the way you are posing (arched back and pinching your shoulder blades together?). Overall very impressive for your age mate. What measurements you at right now?

Thanks for the input dun :)

I was spreading my lats in the FDB, didn't seem to show to well :(.

I've only ever measured my arms, right is a shade under 15", left around 14.5". I get comments about my forearms all the time. I've never trained them specifically but i find i feel a lot of forearm activation in curling.

Associate

Much like this guy posted, Id like a bit of advice where to start!

Im 5ft11 and 12.8 stone, got a bit of a love handle action going on and unsure where to start.

Do I want to lose weight before starting or start eating more and begin training?

I've got some weights at home and have 30 mins I can spare before work every morning and an hour at night I can ride my bike or do some more weights or jog!

Any pointers on specific things I should focus on would be great, sorry its very vague.

I used to be really active on my downhill bike but work and relationships has got in the way a bit so I want to get back on track now my misses has left me :D

Cheers
Al

Soldato
Little update... My weight hasn't changed at all in the last few months (still at 75kg or thereabouts), but my strength has increased a lot since I've been following the stronglifts routine. Took your advice Freefaller and I'm really liking the 5x5!

23082009386.jpg

I still can't spread my lats properly!

I'm quite happy with the size of my upper legs at the moment. In fact I don't really want them much bigger, my jeans are tight enough as they are! I'm going to do purely strength training on my upper legs from now on. My calves need a lot of work though, as does my chest.

Can you give some details on your home gym set up (or link to somewhere you have already): make, weights, rough costs etc.?

Soldato
Can you give some details on your home gym set up (or link to somewhere you have already): make, weights, rough costs etc.?

I got this Bodymax package, along with quite a few other people on here, when Powerhouse Fitness had a 10% off offer on so it was about £375 for the power rack, bench, oly bar and 100kg of weights. Since, I've added 2x 25kg and 2x 10kg plates (rubber cased, cost a £140 for the 4).

Soldato
Well I got the tape measure out and went all over my room measuring things and moving them about in my head like a giant game of Tetris, sadly though there was no configuration which would allow me to have that power cage :(

Your room must be pretty huge mansize :p

Soldato
I've wanted my own home setup now for a short while. But it's going to have to wait until I move out and have my own place in 2 or so years time.

Though by then hopefully I'll already be working within the fitness industry so seems a bit silly to have such a set up at home. However it means I will spend less time at 'work' and can train in solitude.

Associate
Much like this guy posted, Id like a bit of advice where to start!

Im 5ft11 and 12.8 stone, got a bit of a love handle action going on and unsure where to start.

Do I want to lose weight before starting or start eating more and begin training?

I've got some weights at home and have 30 mins I can spare before work every morning and an hour at night I can ride my bike or do some more weights or jog!

Any pointers on specific things I should focus on would be great, sorry its very vague.

I used to be really active on my downhill bike but work and relationships has got in the way a bit so I want to get back on track now my misses has left me :D

Cheers
Al

When you do a good weights program you will need to eat more (more meat/fish/fruit/veg) and you will still loose fat and build muscle.

i posted up my workout in the gym rats thread and ive had very good results with it http://img41.imageshack.us/i/dscf03772.jpg/ (thats at 13st 4lbs and im 6ft) (theres a few more pics 2-3 pages back)

so you might want to try a variation of that (find ur own weights etc)

if your time limited you might want to try full body exercises as they will give you best bang for buck time wise.

Man of Honour
OP
Ok as promised some pre AGVT pics:

Annoyingly getting a shot of my legs is hard work, there is SOME separation but I just couldn't make it obvious from the pics. The light is poor, and I couldn't use the flash. I suck at taking pics anyway :p

Soldato
Wow, I think I can hear ^Tank^ fapping from here :D

That second pic is beastly, you just look like solid muscle. It will be interesting to see the after shots. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking strong FF! Deffinatley see that small % of bodyfat you've dropped, or not as the case may be!

I'm going to buy you these for your birthday:

147269.jpg

And we'll see to that rug of yours :p

Back
Top Bottom