OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
I was thinking more Austin Powers. If we buy you some red briefs with the Union Jack on can you do his seduction dance? You'd probaly be more inclined if it had the French flag on :D

If I stopped man-scaping, give me a few years and I'd give you a run for your money :p

Soldato
I never really understand how you look so massive at 100kg, while 120kg players (eg haskell) who're only 6' 4" don't look anywhere near as big..

Man of Honour
OP
Lower bodyfat maybe? I'm only 1m85, so just shy of 6'1". Haskell is a big dude though, and if I was as broad as I am now for my height at his height I guess the weight would be proportionally larger too. Remember every inch in heigh equates to several lbs in volume.

However, that was an immense compliment, thank you. :)

Associate
Man Freefaller you are boss status man.

But you totally can't walk around with a chest like that and then be clean shaven on the face, i'm totally thinking you could roleplay a Chuck Norris or late Kenshiro beard.

Inspirational.

dun

dun

Soldato
Looking good FF. You look big because 100kg lean is big :) People get caught up in the numbers when it means jack when its all fat. Your whole midsection especially looks very lean.

Soldato
But you totally can't walk around with a chest like that and then be clean shaven on the face, i'm totally thinking you could roleplay a Chuck Norris or late Kenshiro beard.

Definitely, go full beard and attain Frank Zane mode:

clipboard01mq.jpg

Otherwise known as man mode.

Man of Honour
OP
LOL! Hmmm, I like being slightly neanderthal. I do like growing a beard, but it's hard to do so at work.

Thanks for the comments chaps. I'm actually 97.5kg as weighed this morning, but this weight varies from 97 to 99 most mornings. So I have dropped a bit of weight. :)

dun

dun

Soldato
Your BDD taking over there mate. To be honest from the pics in the front bicep and back double bicep your shoulders (especially anterior) are almost overpowering your arms, so I certainly wouldn't worry about them lagging :p
Zane echoes the point about weight. At ~5'9 he was under 200lbs on stage :)

Soldato
OcUK buff ones, and those on their way, I need your advice.

I have steadily been gaining weight since moving into the country. The reason for this is because I used to cycle 100 Miles a week to work and back while I was still living in London. As such I was able to pretty much able to eat and drink as much as I wanted to due to the amount of cardio. My diet has always been pretty good and still is, but I’ll get onto that subject in a bit. For the past year I have been commuting 4 hours a day, meaning no sustained cardio and my drinking habits have not really changed much.

I’m now at a point where I feel I need to make a drastic change and I desperately need some advice.

Some statistics

I’m 5’9, weigh 86.7KG (13.7 stone, 191lbs) and I think my ideal weight should be 77KG – 80KG (12 Stone/169lbs minimum in other words) as I’d start to look gaunt any less.

My situation

So Gym is out, I do not have the time to do it until I get another job closer to home. I started looking into what could fit my lifestyle and strength training with Kettlebells seemed to be the ideal solution as I could fit it in when I get home at night, a relatively short but intensive workout. I went to see a personal trainer who specializes in kettlebell training and he assessed my weaknesses and worked out an initial program which had to be changed after 4 weeks.

I started pretty well, but long story short, I tore ankle ligaments while out riding my bike, was ill with man flu constantly and since have not touched them again. Now 5 months later, I've had enough with my physique.

My goal

Lose body fat % while building muscle and reach my first target of 80 KG
This is how I plan on doing it

(image is what the trainer sent me after our session. My Kettlebell is 16 KG)

2009-11-04_113602.jpg

For anyone who don’t know what exercises are, I have a mate who videoed himself doing it for my reference (he’s using the 32KG bell, bit too much for me at the moment)
http://www.vimeo.com/6779322

I plan on doing this on a Monday and Thursday.
On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday I plan on jogging during lunchtime at work and over the weekends I ride my bike.

Do you think I need to do the bells a bit more, or cut one day’s jogging and work on arm exercises with the Bell? If so, which do you recommend?

Eating

I always eat very healthily, but the following is my plan
  • Porridge Oats with water and a cut-up Banana for Breakfast
  • Black coffee/ Fruit/ Water
  • Baked potato for Lunch with Tuna or Baked beans. Alternatively Chicken salad or Tuna salad
  • Chicken with Veggies at night. Steak on Occasion, Salmon and Veg

Now for the embarrassing bit

I don’t even like to take my shirt off in front of my wife at the moment, but here’s the pics and you can clearly see where my problem is, high body fat % and the gut ☹. The last pic no flexing or sucking in of the gut is involved.

4400600651_105f70a9ca_o.jpg

Any suggestions or critique would be very welcome, be as harsh or critical as you may.

Soldato
Looking good Freefaller! Seems like every time you post a new set of pictures you have gained more mass and separation, truly inspirational darling:p:cool:.

Man of Honour
OP
Supercow, I'd increase the sessions to at least 3. Also, can you not cycle at all during the week? How about skipping or swimming? Doing some HIIT would be beneficial in between those condition sessions. Hill sprints in particular are good, but skipping is superb too.

Food looks ok, do you get hungry at all? You need to make sure you eat before you start to feel hungry, it helps keep your metabolism ticking over rather than peak and trough. How much water do you drink? Do you know how many cals you're taking in?

I think the weight loss is very much due to you eating the same amount, or at least your diet (and by that I mean lifestyle) hasn't changed, yet the amount of exercise and activity has - so I think you're right. Are you sure you ate the same quantity before? You just need to make sure you're not changing too many variables to work out where you're going wrong.

When doing your kettle bell training keep the rest periods to 20s-30s max. 1min is too long IMO.

Back
Top Bottom