OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Associate
Ive never really tried just max lifts...but bench....4 x 10 @ 80-90Kg, Squat up to 130Kg for reps never less than 6. Mainly train HST style...working every main part 2 times per week just now....doing two exercises on each part each session... sets 4 x 10 mostly..no less than 4 x 7-8 if i bump the weight. Dumbell pressed 40kg's on Saturday for 4 sets then 4 x 10 of 26Kg weighted dips...and my boobs are still killin! I think thats the new chest workout for a few weeks!

got more pics.... of that shapely bod in your sig?

Na...just the one....

Not the best looking...but what a bod! :)

http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gallery1649036lb7.png

Last edited:
Associate
Seeing everyone elses bulk compared to mine (See further up the page) real makes me jealous! I really don't know whether it is worth me carrying on with BB. I enjoy goin but it seems like running at a brick wall sometimes. Anyone been in my position who doesn't moan as much :p?

Permabanned
Seeing everyone elses bulk compared to mine (See further up the page) real makes me jealous! I really don't know whether it is worth me carrying on with BB. I enjoy goin but it seems like running at a brick wall sometimes. Anyone been in my position who doesn't moan as much :p?

In my experience the people who moan fail and those that shut up and get on with it do well. You need to understand this isnt a dig at you, its a general observation about mentalities around bodybuilding. Usually the guys who moan about lack of gains, arent cursed by some genetic flaw. They just want too much too quick. They dont want to put effort into diet, they dont want to take supplements and they cant commit to regular gym sessions. Those are the people that moan. Everyone else is far too busy!

Man of Honour
OP

You have to address your diet first of. To put on weigh no matter what sort it is you have to have a calorific surplus. Secondly you have to eat well. Thirdly you have to train hard. Fourthly you have to sleep well and let your body recover. Fifthly (?) you've got to be patient and persevere and work ****ing hard at it. Sixthly (?) you have to be a bit lucky with genetics too. Seventhly (lol!) you might have to on top of a good diet depending on your frame and metabolism and age, have to take a few extra supplements to boost your natural intake of certain nutrients.

I believe that this is the order in which you have to address your issue. If you put on 10lbs in a year that's pretty good going IMO - it's hard work. I've only put on about 20lbs in just under 2 years and that has been ridiculously hard, and so much dedication, it really has... I'm starting to feel like I'm not really getting anywhere anymore, but I still push myself.

Associate
Thanks for your support. I will have to address what i am eating again. I am eating around 6 times a day but they must not contain enough calories.

My final aim is to be 70Kg at 5ft~10. I will post again when i get to 65!

Consigliere
Thanks for your support. I will have to address what i am eating again. I am eating around 6 times a day but they must not contain enough calories.

My final aim is to be 70Kg at 5ft~10. I will post again when i get to 65!

Interesting...very close to my aim. I intend to start going to the gym/change my diet/really go for it when i move to London next month. I am currently 60kg.

What is your diet and routine like or is it somewhere above/elsewhere? :o

Associate
My workout:

Day 1

Squat 4 x 6
Flat Bench 4 x 6
Decline bench 4 x 6
Incline bench 4 x 6
Close bench 3 x 8
Push down 3 x 12

Day 2

Deadlift 4 x 6
BOR 4 x 6
V Grip pulldowns 4 x 8
Wide Grip 4 x 8
Seated Row 4 x 8
Shrugs 4 x 8

Day 3
Squat 4 x 12
SLDL 4 x 8
Calf Raisers 4 x 8
DB SH Press 4 x 8
DB Lat Raise 3 x 12
DB Rear Raise 3 x 12

I aim to eat around 2500 calories a day 1/3 protein and 2/3 carbs with a bit of fat too, but as i have low bf i don't think it would matter too much. Gotta go to work now so will post my diet later!

Associate
My workout:

I aim to eat around 2500 calories a day 1/3 protein and 2/3 carbs with a bit of fat too, but as i have low bf i don't think it would matter too much. Gotta go to work now so will post my diet later!

If i had your figure...I would eat as much as I possibly could every day (no crap though)...very high on protein (get a few shakes in there) along with plenty chicken, steak and eggs. Personnaly I would up the reps to a min of 8-10....and make sure you are maxxing out on the last set of each exercise (ie...not managing to do the full last set...and even struggling to manage the 3rd set). Go as heavy as you can keeping highish reps. For me...heavy weight and low reps does nothing.

Permabanned
If i had your figure...I would eat as much as I possibly could every day (no crap though)...very high on protein (get a few shakes in there) along with plenty chicken, steak and eggs. Personnaly I would up the reps to a min of 8-10....and make sure you are maxxing out on the last set of each exercise (ie...not managing to do the full last set...and even struggling to manage the 3rd set). Go as heavy as you can keeping highish reps. For me...heavy weight and low reps does nothing.

seconded. Good post

Permabanned
Though to be fair high volume sets are also good i.e. 5x5 can be quite beneficial vs 3x8-10 from time to time as long as the weight is very heavy.

To the more experienced trainer. I mean we are talking about a guy who can see his own BONES here! My personal view is that higher rep sets allow for better conditioning of the muscles and cns for the given movement. Its pointless to try and develop power in the early period of training as the body is just not conditioned to cope with the stress.

Just my 2p

Man of Honour
OP
No no you're probably right. I was just airing the other side of the arguement/statement to get the chaps here a more balanced understanding. You're right though, with someone as slim as him initial higher reps and volumes are probably more beneficial to failure on the last set than anything else. :)

Associate
I think I'm eating far too little.
A couple of slices of toast'n'jam in the morning 8am
a good cooked meal for lunch in work restaurant at 12pm
Exercise and lift weights after work 3 days a week
Have a good home made meal in the evening at 7pm
Possible have a light snack before bed.

Will I ever put on weight with this schedule or should I think about eating sandwiches in between meals?

Back
Top Bottom