OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Hey, don't believe I've posted in here before but here goes..

I've been a gym user for almost 5 years now, but I go through varying stages of interest.
I've been a bit larger than I am just now, and I'm looking to get back into shape and size up!

Hopefully if I'm publishing updates I'll get enough encouragement to continue :)

28032010696.jpg

28032010699.jpg

28032010701.jpg

and finally a comedy one of my tri's.
28032010703.jpg

I'm 6'4" and at time of pictures 13st 9lb... :eek: Usually over 14st, but I'm just in from work and about to have some scran!

Like I say, I look poor just now, but after a couple of months I'll post some more pics and hopefully be able to see a small difference.

Soldato
I don't think people aim to over do it on bulks but just aren't so concerned with the macro's or total calories consumed. Where as my view of a 'clean' bulk would be a calorie & macro controlled one so as to give the body what it needs and nothing more.

Soldato
That's what I've been doing mostly.

Although on the weekends I let go a bit and have more, specially carbs. I find without it I get destroyed on my Monday Leg day.

But each to their own really, what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Soldato
Low bodyfat, good base...presumably you're going for an all out 'bulk' then?

Yeah, looking to start back on the weights, eat more, get out on the bike too for some nice long cardio :)

Why don't more people just got for alean bulk?

I don't understand by people want to rack up loads of weight then try and lose a lot again later. Doesn't seem to goo for the body to be shifting up and down so much.

It's soo much easier to just eat and eat and eat. If your not eating then you're not giving your body anything to build with. There goes a chance of you getting less gain too. Plus being a student just now, and in the final stages of my "dissertation" I'd like to be less concerned about what I'm eating, and try and focus on working more.

I don't think people aim to over do it on bulks but just aren't so concerned with the macro's or total calories consumed. Where as my view of a 'clean' bulk would be a calorie & macro controlled one so as to give the body what it needs and nothing more.

Clean bulks, while they can work well are an absolute minefield, don't you think? I don't mind if I'm carrying abit of weight only to lose it in a few months, maybe thats just me. Whats your typical intake benny? :)

Soldato
Clean bulks, while they can work well are an absolute minefield, don't you think? I don't mind if I'm carrying abit of weight only to lose it in a few months, maybe thats just me.

It really is a mine field, when I started I completely got it wrong and didn't gain properly for 2-3 months.

Takes a lot to get right. But I agree if you eat and just eat it works, as long as we don't over do it and don't indulge to much :)

Soldato
Clean bulks, while they can work well are an absolute minefield, don't you think? I don't mind if I'm carrying abit of weight only to lose it in a few months, maybe thats just me. Whats your typical intake benny? :)

Generally I don't find either cutting or bulking diets too bad in regard to working out meals/snacks and their macro's. Once you've worked it all out all you need to do is eat correct combinations. Which is where will power & determination comes in.

Same goes for bulking, provided you've got a nice clean plan you can over eat and providing it's clean it'll minimise fat gains. If I wanted to have extra vegetables or some more meat it's not exactly going to be bad for me as opposed to having a load of chocolate for example.

During my cut initially I reduced to 2500 and for the last month or so down to 1800-2000. These were gradual reductions and it'd fluxuate so somedays I'd eat more and others a little less.

Now I'm bulking again I'll see 3000 minimum usually averaging around 3500 sometimes I'll see over 4000 like this weekend for example I had two workshops to attend and was on my feet all day and up from 6am both days so needed some more fuel! Being home for Easter effects my diet a bit as I find I'm not quite so strict.

During my bulk if I'm hungry I'll eat but just try to keep it as clean as possible. Treats are welcomed as otherwise you have the misery of a cut all year round but I just try not to over do it.

Soldato
decided to add another picture of my lats as the one I have doesn't really do them justice.

IMG_4966.JPG

Seem to lean a lot to the right in my poses :/ not good posture... I'll never win any BB competitions like that ;)

Also toying with the idea of getting my back waxed, slightly queer but I don't like how patchy it is right now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
My wife has an epilator. Pretty painful, but cheap and quick (the epilator, not my wife).

If your Mrs. / sister / Mum has one, get her to use it on your back. The hair will be gone for a good few weeks.

(Still can't persuade her to use it on her pubes though).

Soldato
Just took some measurements and thought it would be a good idea to record them here, and compare next month etc.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 14st
Waist: 34"
Chest: 45"
R arm: 15"
L arm: 14.5"
R quad: 22"
L quad: 21.5"
R Calf: 15"
L Calf: 15"

...ahem.

Not bad, think that 15" is rather reasonable for arms. My left side seems to be slightly smaller, but I think it could be due to the fact I'm left handed?

Back
Top Bottom