OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

dun

dun

Soldato
I've almost joined the 19" gun club! :cool: :D

Crap pics I'm afraid
Looking big FF. Hard work paying off :)

Found a few old pictures of me roughly 4 years ago I think. Unfortunatley no skin as I'm wearing a rash guard on the beach but you should be able to notice a significant difference!

Me now for those that haven't been following :)
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16217988&postcount=2705

Haha, love before pics. I don't know who was worse mate me or you :p How much were you weighing there?

I took a new pic of my tri last week.
020410.jpg

Had a low carb week since then and seemed to have cut up a bit.
080410.jpg

Soldato
Haha, love before pics. I don't know who was worse mate me or you :p How much were you weighing there?

Haha! Call it even? :p Around 12 stone I think. There's a side on with my proper gut hanging out :( I still have it, slightly, but now it's 'protecting' my core ;) lol

Looking good mate, like a hair free version of FF and less French :D

Man of Honour
OP
LOL! I'm not that lean - though if he adds another 10kg then he'd become a threat! ;) :D Don't know how strong you are though Dun :D

Lots of hard work has gone into what you've developed that is clear to see. What are your goals? Carry on as you are? Give us some stats!

dun

dun

Soldato
Very lean dude! Nice tris :cool:
Cheers mate.

Haha! Call it even? :p Around 12 stone I think. There's a side on with my proper gut hanging out :( I still have it, slightly, but now it's 'protecting' my core ;) lol

Looking good mate, like a hair free version of FF and less French :D
12 stone... Took me like a year to get to that :p
Hair free lol! Pictures really are deceiving. I'm always getting ripped for my hairiness :p Not quite bear status like FF but it hasn't stopped growing yet so we'll see.

LOL! I'm not that lean - though if he adds another 10kg then he'd become a threat! ;) :D Don't know how strong you are though Dun :D

Lots of hard work has gone into what you've developed that is clear to see. What are your goals? Carry on as you are? Give us some stats!

Become a threat? They'll be like FF who? Is he the little Dun? hahah. Seriously though thanks for the comments. My strength is quite good at the moment, but as you know it doesn't drive me that much, as long as I'm progressing. I don't have anymore upto date stats than I posted a while ago sorry, probably not much different.
My goals are pretty much always the same. Long term: get big, short term: get a bit bigger :p

Man of Honour
OP
Well it's working. :) I know strength isn't your thing, but your strength is developing as well? I'm presuming it is - if not you are doing something wrong! :p

How tall are you again? What do you weigh? Sorry if you posted it recently - I have so many things in my head I can't remember it all! :o

dun

dun

Soldato
My strength develops by being able to perform more reps with a weight without just ragging it around, so the numbers hardly change but I'm getting much more out of it. If I stagnate or feel like a change I lower the reps to actually handle more weight. But no if I'm honest I don't fully agree with the more weight= bigger, at all. Everyday I see people (mostly chest exercises admittedly) using more weight than me, but just pushing without 'feeling' it, which is the key for hypertrophy I've found.
Last weigh in 17.02.10: 6' tall 89.5kg

Man of Honour
OP
I agree with the sentiment that size != strength - in fact I've made that statement in the "Brad Pitt" thread recently. It seems you're doing the right things for hypertrophy specific type of training - and it's working. :)

Good stats - I think if I were to lean out as much as you I'd only be about 96kg so not much heavier than you (currently at 102kg).

dun

dun

Soldato
Triceps are awesome Dun :eek:

Looking good!
Cheers :)
I agree with the sentiment that size != strength - in fact I've made that statement in the "Brad Pitt" thread recently. It seems you're doing the right things for hypertrophy specific type of training - and it's working. :)

Good stats - I think if I were to lean out as much as you I'd only be about 96kg so not much heavier than you (currently at 102kg).

Ye I think I saw that (I didn't think much of the thread to be honest so can't say exactly). Its definitely good to preach 'get strong' to the newer trainers as you need a good strength base, but once you get into it a bit more there are plenty of ways to make a lift more effective without increasing the weight at all :)

Associate
But no if I'm honest I don't fully agree with the more weight= bigger, at all. Everyday I see people (mostly chest exercises admittedly) using more weight than me, but just pushing without 'feeling' it, which is the key for hypertrophy I've found.

More weight doesnt always mean bigger muscles, most of the time your just enhancing your CNS' ability to recruit fast twitch muscle fibres, so im with you completely there.

The thing that confuses me is that they say a muscle will only get bigger when your CNS cant recruit enough muscle fibres, so needs to increase size to house more (or something like that?) so if thats the case why dont people who are big able to lift the most?

Is it just down to fast and slow twitch fibres?

Soldato
Chest session today and my brother left his SLR out so I took the oppurtunity to get some decent snaps. Photo's always look a million times better from an SLR.

Lateral delts looked nice and round today. Still need more mass :D

chestpumpeaster.jpg

Chest pump making everything else look smaller! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
Ok well I dont know how long it has been since I posted my first pics, I think it was back in late January, I cant find the original post, anyway, as you can see from the pics I havent really made any visible progress at all. If anything I feel a bit leaner than I was before. Its insane because I am scoffing down about as much decent food as I can. The frozen food plan went out of the window because I just got so bored of the food. I'm not really counting calories anymore but I am scoffing down a lot. Everything is dosed up with fat. I put 1 tablespoon of walnut oil into my 4 scrambled eggs in the morning along with 2 pita breads and 2 tablespoons of avocado oil (lovely stuff) with whatever rice I eat. So I'm getting basically 7 tablespoons of fats a day on top of all the eggs I eat and all the fat on the chicken legs that go with it. Not only that, I have pretty much ditched the cardio. My metabolism must be through the absolute roof. Oh and I'm still drinking teas and coffee's with sugar in at work. I had 2 teeth pulled today so I decided to scoff down a small tub of M&S pecan toffee icecream. I've done this now and then in the past few months. I'm almost at a loss at how much I seemingly can eat and not gain. I find it incredible really considering I was once 290lb at my peak.

Anyway the pics are before and after. Before I was about 166lb I think and now I'm about 170-172.

My lifts do seem to be going up although I think its still too early to tell. Welp, I'm going to keep stuffing myself and look for new ways to add more calories to my food. Deep fried Sweet potato chips in avocado oil anybody?? :D

To be honest I think the mass I have gained is on the legs. They look bigger to me. Sadly in the first pics I had my jeans on. Numpty!

mi51000-Front.JPG
mi51000-update1.JPG

mi51000-back_flexed.JPG
mi51000-update2.JPG

mi51000-side.JPG
mi51000-update3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom