OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
Its only really as complicated as you make it, the basics are eat well, lift heavy and rest well

And train your legs ;)

Chicco: looking good mate, nice and lean but also dense if that makes sense. Shoulders looking good too *thumbs up*

Edit: For your lat spread try with your hands on your hips, will show off more of your rhombs/traps and also show some true width.

Man of Honour
OP
I think those were the hardest laughs I've gotten from the Sports forum ever FF, great vids :D

Glad you enjoyed! :D Was concerned people might not "get it". :D

That gym looks very well equipped FF. Is it part of a big chain?

YAARGH :confused:

It's a David Lloyd - it's not my regular gym, but one my friends are a member of and invited me down to play at from time to time. :)

Soldato
What injury/illness was it chicco?

Nailing the lat spread can be quite hard but once you get it you'll never forget how to do it! Keeping the shoulders back also. There was a good guide on bodybuilding.com I think.

I find extending the levers (moving my hand/the weight further over my elbow - or ever slightly past, similar to a flye fashion) to be really effective in recruiting more of either chest/delt depending on which angle your using and what you're trying to target.

185 is deffinatley achievable, just a waiting game!

Soldato
I came back from a short break and picked up a virus of some kind. However it never fully developed so I had it for around 5 weeks, was a bit like man flu, my body was incredibly achy and I felt nauseous. Add to that not eating properly, laying in bed all day and just generally feeling crap about myself it's surprising how quickly you can become demotivated and lose your gains. I managed to get over it only to become over eager in my return and pull my left delt whilst doing Arnold presses. Another 2 weeks off! :(

If women could experience the dreaded man flu they'd never again complain about child birth or period pains.

It's pure suffering and even drains your mental strength :(

kai

kai

Soldato
So for the last two months i have been bulking i have put on the extra weight and look much fuller. I think it’s time to cut ?

I have changed the way i have been training for the last two months as well. I have gone heavy and really pushed to breaking point. Supplements have helped - i have been using USN Anabolic muscle fuel and eating around 3-3.5k calories.

Looking for a bit of advice really more than anything - I have only been working out for just over 8 months so everything very very new.

2monthbulk.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I would carry on adding bulk, two months isn't a long time. You do seem to be fuller but you need to make sure you add more quality mass I feel. I'd carry on as you are doing for another three months at least, see where you are then.

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks matey. :) Wasn't really a good quality vid for displaying physique, but I appreciate the feedback - considering I don't train for aesthetics it's always nice to hear positive feedback like that. :)

Associate
been training on and off for about 8 months now, only started to consistently train now im starting to see results. for past couple onths weight has been hovering between 13 stone 3 and 13 stone 11, lost a bit of the belly but not enough for my liking yet..
51856345.png

Associate
Been lifting for about 4 years now. Started at about 12 stone and i've been upto a much as 16 stone 10lbs. Not ever posted a picture like this on the net before.

This picture was taken about 1 month ago. Weighed about 15 stone 8lbs. Then ended up in hospital for 3 days and didn't eat or drink anything, lost a little weight because of that and the following week or two getting back into things.

17fRw87EAJJ9Pb9dRVx761qwrDb0wF263.jpeg

I'm hoping to start a bulk now, as i don't feel i have enough muscle mass to continue to cut and still look big enough.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice shape Daryl. What are your lifts like and current stats? Seems you have good insulin sensitivity too - lucky chap! Welcome to the thread! I'm on a constant bulk! :D

Liam, You'll put on most of your size within the 1st year or 2. Quite a lot of it too! I know when I started I was around 80kg, and shot up to a lean 90kg! Shoulders and arms need some attention, but can't tell much more from the pics unfortunately except maybe drop in some HIIT for the bodyfat control, othe than that keep it up.

Soldato
I've hit a rough patch the past month because work got more intense and i began to start slacking off my nutrition and my training plan. Getting back onto it again this Monday coming, with a new training and nutrition plan, plus a cheat day once per week where i can replace a meal with something i like.

I'll also make it my goal to post a picture of me now and myself again in 2 months time, because i'm doing a month of strength, power and muscle building followed by a month of basically getting definition and reducing body fat whilst keeping the muscle i've developed the previous month and obviously sticking to it after that.

Man of Honour
OP
You can tell that from a picture? :eek:

Only a guess because of:

I think insulin sensitivity has something to do with how/where your body stores fat? I might be completely wrong....:p

Indeed.

Insulin resistance is typically showed by fat stored on the obliques, cortisol, area in front and below the belly button, insulin and cortisol are directly linked to fat storage. Cortisol specifically towards visceral fat more than insulin. Oestrogen imbalances are often found around the thighs or the back of the arms and the chest on men.

It's often why women struggle to shift fat as they often tend to have an oestrogen imbalance (on women it's typically, thighs, bum, back of arms).

So you can give a quick glance over someone and have a rough idea - it's not accurate at all.

So fat around the chest and stomach could be symptomatic of a lack of testosterone and elevated insulin. Since both are important fat control hormones.

Back
Top Bottom