OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
Reps per sets. Eg 4sets x 10reps = 40 reps.

Indeed.

I tend to hit around 6 reps. Until it gets heavy.

Then always do a couple of drop sets.

For example, yesterday on deadlifts:

8x75 (WU)
8x115 (WU)
6x155
6x175
5x195
1x235
0x240

That's 34 reps (18 if you remove the warm up)

Then 2x dropsets of:

8x155

So total of 50 reps - or 34 if you remove the warm up.

Associate
I've been training seriously for just over 3 years - I used to go to the gym before then, but more ignorant let's lift some weights rather than doing anything proper. I started late so needed to work very hard, and study very hard to make sure I was eating well, training well.

Just by any chance have you got any Before pics? Because for just 3 years training you are Huge :p

I had a quick look through older posts but I couldn't find any, I am starting a little more serious this time around so I was just fishing for info.

Man of Honour
OP
Just by any chance have you got any Before pics? Because for just 3 years training you are Huge :p

I had a quick look through older posts but I couldn't find any, I am starting a little more serious this time around so I was just fishing for info.

I'll see if I can find some old pics.

Here's me in 2006/07 New Year - yes I was a little tipsy :p

I was about 84kg ish.

Permabanned
Freefaller, simply put, you are an inspiration to anyone who lifts, anyone who seeks to change, to better themselves, to succeed.
Like many i have followed your changes and development over the last few years, listened with revered interest to all your philosophies and advice which throughout has been sage and balanced, never failing to meet all the scientific principles i myself hold dear without resorting to "errr fish and rice cakes" rationales. You have character and personality and above all a dediction to yourself and your betterment that should make any man stand and take note. I for one salute you for your accomplishment thus far which is amongst the best of its kind i have seen.

In the iron game, like in much of life, there are many big talkers, many big heads and many big ideas backed up with too few DO'ers.
You Sir are the epitome of one who does, and without all the big talk and big headedness.....Just big lifts and big Biceps.

Inspiring.

Man of Honour
OP
Aww dude! :o

I'm not that great - I just really love this game. I like to understand it and am passionate about it! However if even half of what you say is true for you, then I'm absolutely flattered that people may take inspiration from me.

I'm glad you find my help useful and are able to take some ideas away for your own development of ideas.

Thanks for your lovely words means a lot. :)

Associate
this is me a couple of years ago, when i was going gym religiously.
i've just recently started again, been going a good 2months 3-4 days a week. at the moment i'm a statistic in the obese section lol. (nah not really but i'm not far from it lol)

Last edited:
Associate
Great work Robbie G, showing some great progress there, you should be proud of yourself.

Freefaller, simply put, you are an inspiration to anyone who lifts, anyone who seeks to change, to better themselves, to succeed.
Like many i have followed your changes and development over the last few years, listened with revered interest to all your philosophies and advice which throughout has been sage and balanced, never failing to meet all the scientific principles i myself hold dear without resorting to "errr fish and rice cakes" rationales. You have character and personality and above all a dediction to yourself and your betterment that should make any man stand and take note. I for one salute you for your accomplishment thus far which is amongst the best of its kind i have seen.

In the iron game, like in much of life, there are many big talkers, many big heads and many big ideas backed up with too few DO'ers.
You Sir are the epitome of one who does, and without all the big talk and big headedness.....Just big lifts and big Biceps.

Inspiring.

Very true, I often dip in and out of the gym rats thread for advice and new ideas and more often than not freefaller has answered the question i had in there somewhere. Between you and a couple of others (Benny C springs to mind) you guys have been very helpful and are a credit to the forum, you're always friendly and never abusive like you get when you post in other forums.

Soldato
Aww dude! :o

I'm not that great - I just really love this game. I like to understand it and am passionate about it! However if even half of what you say is true for you, then I'm absolutely flattered that people may take inspiration from me.

I'm glad you find my help useful and are able to take some ideas away for your own development of ideas.

Thanks for your lovely words means a lot. :)

I think he fancies you.

dun

dun

Soldato
I go away for a few weeks and SA turns into a FF love fest :|
Haha only joking mate you honestly deserve all the praise you get. Looking massive in that last pic.
Everyone that's posted so far seems to be doing really well, too many to list individually since I last commented but well done everyone. I've got some progress shots since this time last year to put up later to keep it rollin.

Associate
this is me a couple of years ago, when i was going gym religiously.
i've just recently started again, been going a good 2months 3-4 days a week. at the moment i'm a statistic in the obese section lol. (nah not really but i'm not far from it lol)

<snip> - huge pic

you were gyming religiously when you were on mir :p? better get a picture of the 'now' and use it as motivation!

Soldato

Inspiring.

FF......in case you weren't reading between the lines....Ultra is looking for a date! ;)

I don't blame him, you burning hunk of grizzly bear-ness!
Tbh, i agree, you impart all this wisdom and experience with modesty and humility............thanks, and carry on! :D

Back
Top Bottom