OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Soldato
:rolleyes: He's probably a natural bodybuilder as well.....never touched the gear!

Do you think they say all this bs to actually see who will believe it? Then go sniggering in the corner at the lemons that really do believe what they say?

Man of Honour
OP
No no no no no! He said he has eaten 30k cals in one day in the past but as a one off when eating lots of Caribbean cooking, and does not do it on a day to day basis. This was high publicised incorrectly as sensationalistic press to draw attention to a one off comment.

I've just looked it up, his diet was between 8,000 to 12,000 cals a day.

Caporegime
No no no no no! He said he has eaten 30k cals in one day in the past but as a one off when eating lots of Caribbean cooking, and does not do it on a day to day basis. This was high publicised incorrectly as sensationalistic press to draw attention to a one off comment.

I've just looked it up, his diet was between 8,000 to 12,000 cals a day.

Ah. :)

:rolleyes: He's probably a natural bodybuilder as well.....never touched the gear!

Do you think they say all this bs to actually see who will believe it? Then go sniggering in the corner at the lemons that really do believe what they say?

He supposedly mentioned that as well, however he wouldn't state what he took in case someone copied him and suddenly fell ill.

Soldato
Don't be like that FF.

I'm not trolling, but there is a limit to what we should believe. Sure he looks fantastic and he will have no doubt worked unblievably hard to get where he has. I've been into the gym/bb for 20 years too, but i choose not to believe everything i read regarding claims like these.
Blimey, i've been around guys who've made claims about this that and the other to other people in my presence and i know damn well they aint telling the truth.
The same with gear, so many will deny ever using it.......

My previous post wasn't about the posters in this forum, but about the mentality of "someone once heard, that someone said that he heard someone else say that....." and then it turns into a "i once caught a fish and it was thiiiiiis big".

Can you see what i mean, its often NOT the people, its the rumours/stories.

In this instance i choose not to believe the 30,000kcals, even if just for one day.....he'd explode, surely! :)

Man of Honour
OP
Ok your post was a little out of context, so thanks for the explanation. :)

As I've explained, his 30k cals a day is not correct, he has eaten that much before, but occaisonally and not on a regular basis. I agree that people need to be a little more realistic in what to believe, certainly from the vain world of bodybuilding. However, it is entirely plausible to eat 30k in one day, but I agree he probably hit closer to 20k, even with highly fatty foods. Then again, when carrying between 300-370lbs of body, you'd be surprised at how much you can eat. I find myself polishing off 4000 cals, relatively easily and I'm a mere 222lbs. So as a ratio of his minimum weight and my weight vs calories that I consume, it's easy to see how he can achieve 5 figure calorific intake!

I think we both know that this guy did have some non genetic "help", but we both need to agree and admit that he also that he naturally holds onto mass well. At 15 he was over 200lbs and ridiculously strong - so he is a bit of a freak in that aspect. :)

Soldato
FF.....sorry dude, in between making my post (which took a while as i kept getting distracted) it looks like you clarified what was originally said about the 30,000kcals bit.
I totally agree that non-genetic help doesn't give you everything you strive for, and yes he has a fantastic physique, its just bigger all round by extra 'help'.

All those that compete are freaks anyway tbh.....monsters the lot of em... :)

Thanks for the clarification.

dun

dun

Soldato
Nice one Benny. Join 17" club *tick* :p
As for pro bodybuilders... You won't hear many people saying 'yea mate I'm on x grams of test xx dbol blahblah' because it still has a massive stigma attached in everyday life, but normal people working normal jobs, not even placing in local competitions are on insane amounts. Even the vast vast majority of lifters think if they take their multi and lift heavy (get the reference lol?) they could look like a proBBer, you can't sorry. Yes there are freaks, but they are freaks on a lot of substances still. 99.9% of bodybuilders aren't freaks, they just aren't afraid to take a lot of gear and peptides. I'm not talking walking around with high 20's bodyfat looking massive in a shirt, we're talking lean, that's the difference.

Associate
You still get pro naturals though. I think we have to make the difference understood, that pro tested leagues are different to pro untested. You can still be a pro. :)

Natural leagues aren't very well pushed out in the bb world, almost ignored tbh. Because lets be honest what do people want to see? the huge bodybuilder freaks such as jay, ronnie etc... People want the olympians, it's the magazines as well, muscle and fitness all geared up to the hills, but end of the day gear or not they put insane amount of work, effort and dedication in.

My personal view is it's not something I'd want to look like, ronnie for example his waist has gained like 10 inches (exaggeration) since say 10 years ago. I think ronnie looked amense in the 90's but now almost like bloated monsters, but obviously it's going to take it's toll, hes 43? now and the amount of food comsumption daily is going to stretch the stomach and everything else he's on. But Im a big fan of the 90's bbers, Dennis newman had an amazing physique.

dun

dun

Soldato
You still get pro naturals though. I think we have to make the difference understood, that pro tested leagues are different to pro untested. You can still be a pro. :)

Very true mate you can indeed, but the amount of bs and lies can be even worse there :p My statements were mainly about IFBB pros though.

Man of Honour
OP
It depends in what circles you take part in. If you're into this game, the natural circle is VERY well known. If you're just interested in FLEX magazine or other such pointless drivels, then sure, the natural BB world is less publicised. Most people who actually know more than a little about this sport realise that there's more to this sport than just lifting weights. So natural trainers get a HUGE amount of respect in the community of BBers.

If people think that BBers are all just there to be big, then they are so wrong. That's where the ignorance of the population - they think BB = gear, which leads to the crap along the lines of "you can't get big without gear" etc...

I don't know why I'm defending it, I'm not even into bodybuilding, I'm a weight lifter! :p I just hate seeing ignorance being propagated.

FWIW I'm a huge fan of the 70s/80s bodybuilders - sure they were still dabbling in illegal bits and pieces, but Franco Columbu to me epitomises that aspect, he was one of the world's strongest men at the time, with a total lifts of nearly 900kg in the big 3. He cleaned up his act and carried on and boy did he do well. Lean, well proportioned.

I'm not overly impressed with the mass monsters these days I must say. The 70s and 80s produced some of the most aesthetically pleasing and "normal" bodybuilders the world has ever seen.

Soldato
3 months progress, don't have a proper before pic :( :o

trrtak.jpg

asdafdafsd.jpg

Before I was at 65kg now at 72. Height is 5'10".

hmm there isn't much to say really, still have a long way to go.

Man of Honour
OP
Compared to where you were you've definitely added mass. And still pretty lean, so keep it up - good work mate. :)

What are you after? General more size?

Just keep focusing on the big compound lifts, shoulder and back work will really help build some size. Also I trust you're doing some serious leg work too?

Back
Top Bottom